How often do you preview your posts?

• Always

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • Never

Votes: 18 16.7%

• Total voters
usually if im using coding, because if i have bad looking brackets and post it, i end up just wishing i could delete it.

I don't know what BB code is, but I'm assuming I use it, and under those circumstances that I too, preview. Otherwise if it's a longer post, I will preview and check for errors. But if it's a one sentence, or couple sentence response, I'll go ahead and push it through immediately.

Now...I hope you all will temporarily hold while I preview this before sending.

I preview it only when I am using a lot of code (colours, fonts, etc), normally on my own threads. If it is just text, I will usually just reread it, post it, and then edit if I see an error or want to add something.

the longer it is + any picture attachments = higher chances of checking in preview.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i have respect for anyone who uses heavy code + picture/video attachments in the quick reply box.

I ALMOST always proof read before pressing enter. Sometimes late at night when I'm lazy though, I'll press enter without doing it and then have to go back in to edit it. I'm also on a tablet, so autocorrect is bound to make me mess up.

I only preview my posts if I'm setting up a selling thread, or an auction, or a giveaway thread. or if im doing something with spoilers coz that looks messed up if something is omitted from the bb code.

It depends on if I find it necessary, like when I'm editing my signature and making sure no code is out of place or has one small thing that messes up what I want entirely.

I only really do that if I'm adding a whole bunch of pictures to a post, which I don't think I've done on this site yet. If I'm re-reading for typos, I usually don't bother with checking the previews and just read it in the box.

when it's got code in it, yeah. or, honestly, even more often when its got emoji in it bc i still haven't figured out what arbitrary emoji rules make select ones work on tbt but other ones not

It depends on what I'm posting and how long the post is honestly. The chances skyrocket if I'm adding more codes in the post

I used to double check everything when I was a newbie here. Now i rarely check it even once. Just write, post and be done with it. lol

Back