• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you preview your posts?

How often do you preview your posts?

• Always

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • Never

Votes: 18 16.7%

• Total voters

Zireael

Diamond Dust
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Zen Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I don't know what brought this question into my head but it's something I'm genuinely curious about now. How often do you preview your text before posting it? I've gotten into the habit of previewing the majority of my posts, largely because I spend a lot of my time here via mobile browser, and autocorrect can be a cruel mistress. I really can't stand typos in my posts, being a stickler for good grammar, so it's just something that's become a habit more or less every time I post now. There are some cases where I don't, but that's usually for very short posts that don't really need any proof-reading. Sure, the edit button exists for a reason, but I like to avoid it whenever possible.

I only do it when I'm using BB code (especially spoilers), when I'm using emojis, or when I've quoted multiple people. I do read over my posts a lot but I just do that in the regular text box.

I'm the same, but I use a laptop and sometimes the keys don't respond, even if I hit it hard. Also, there's autocorrect on my laptop...
I don't bother on Pok?Heroes though because I know that we're all friends and as long as I keep it kid friendly, it doesn't matter what I write, whereas here I couldn't make a post saying 'yo i leik cheez'. Bell tree is my partially serious place and Pok?Heroes is my 'yo' place.
Anyway, the point is, yes, here I do, but not everywhere. Usually if the grammar, spelling, ect. is incorrect, I'll delete everything that I posted, and not just on the forums. Obviously on text messages, I can't stop someone seeing my mistake without getting to their phone before they do, so I'll just use a * to correct it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pretty much what the above people said. I also preview it when I add an image.

It would be embarrassing if you used the wrong image...

Only if it's a long post or I'm using bb code, to make sure it looks ok.

i usually only preview if i'm making a topic, or using a bb code

Despite all my mistakes, I never do that

Unless I'm making a thread or checking the BB code

Usually if it's lengthy. I always manage to screw something up after every post though.

Sometimes I'll preview my posts but I don't do it religiously, especially if I'm only posting in the basement. For me, it depends on the length of my post and my concern towards what it would look like (the layout).

Anytime I'm using codes or pictures, cause I hate having to go back and edit something and have the darn edited stamp on there... :/

very rarely but sometimes if th bb code is Important
if not idrc i make a lot of mistakes and typos anyway lmao

Back