Your favorite smell?

Ocean air, clean linen, rain, coffee, burning wood, and books.

Gardenia, burning hickory or red oak wood, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and French Lavendar Honey

- - - Post Merge - - -

Coffee, bread, I love smelling books and notebooks for some reason too. I like smelling my dog is that weird lol

Love fresh rain smell but only if it's just rain; not worm smell ;A;

My dog smells like corn tortillas and strawberries lmao

Last edited:
I love the smell of old library books, halloween night, pencil shavings (kind of a weird one),desserts being baked in the oven, freshly dyed hair, mangoes, and the smell of freshly opened pokemon cards ^^

A few that come to mind: fresh mulch, gasoline, dry erase markers, fresh paint (really love this one, reminds me of a long time ago), just mown grass... and a weird one - the handsoap they use at my hospital. I've been there so frequently in the past two years, you'd think I would hate anything associated with it. But it makes me feel safe for some reason.

I like the smell of when I walk into a tire store...strange, I know, but it similar to liking the smell of a fresh tennis ball.

Some of my favorite smells:
Petrichor (the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil)
Fresh box of Crayola crayons
Old books
Play-doh
Fresh coffee
Leather
The smell of a sushi/Japanese restaurant
Fresh homemade bread

And the list can go on and on! There's so many great smells in the world ^-^

new makeup
bath and body soap
hot chocolate
pizza
the water from the pirates of the carribean ride at disney world

Back in the olden days,before photo copiers and inkjet printers,there was this thing called the mimeograph(or ditto)machine.Teachers would run off however copies of the day's earth science quiz with this thing and the copies always had this great smell.....kind of like ballpoint pen ink mixed with rubbing alcohol.

I dunno if I can pick just one, but I love many different smells. LOVE them. I live for smelling things that I think have a good smell, but some of the smells I like would have you wondering what's wrong with me. I love the smell of skunk once it's had time to dissipate. Like when you drive by a skunk that was hit by a car hours earlier. I love the smell of gasoline. Especially when at the gas pump. It makes me crave burgers, strangely. I love the smell of marijuana. I love the smell of boiling water, and also the smell of my usual hair dresser. They're located right by a pizza place, and somehow the faint smell of the restaurant mixed with the hair products is heavenly to me. I love the smell of most smoke or things burning too. I also love the usual smells that normal people like. I simply LOVE vanilla. Most floral scents, like lavender, and rose. As well as the smell of the outdoors. I simply cannot choose just one smell.

I have a silver Buddha (had to be silver because of the Kate Bush song. "With my silver Buddha and my silver bullet."), and it has a lavender fragrance. My grandmother used to buy me lavender fragrances annually, and I loved them (hence why I continue the "tradition" now), but it doesn't smell like lavender to me. Smells darker, if that makes any sense. Smells of Christmas, which I guess is fitting since I got it for Christmas.

I love the smell of lavender a lot. It reminds me of a time I visited a huge lavender farm in June around a year ago, so when I smell it I feel some sort of nostalgia for summer time. :')

Back