• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

?? amiibo cards??

Cou

Freshly Delivered Egg
Pear 🍐
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3728-4203-4512
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Happy Home Designer Token
Toy Hammer
Chocolate Cake
Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Blue Balloon
Blue Balloon
Blue Feather
do you guys still see amiibo cards series for sale anywhere?? ive gone to like five gamestops and all target and walmart near me and god forbid they have any amiibo cards besides wa even on the clearance section. ive checked online as well and itd say specific places got them until i place a hold order or pick up and they'd email me saying they actually don't have them zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and id still try to go in person and they really don't have anytning it's been fun hunting for them but i just don't have any luck and it's soooo hdjsndkd

I got a ton at best buy online :) And amazon is selling some still

thanks! are they only selling them online now? :( the fun of it was getting them and choosing them urself in person :(

2 walmarts still have series 1 and 2 by me but the stack is slowly getting smaller.

2 walmarts still have series 1 and 2 by me but the stack is slowly getting smaller.

:'( everytime i go i don't see them at the amiibo stand and when i ask the workers they tell me to check at the clearance section, one actually told me they were discontinuing it??? waaaaaa

My Target had them misplaced in the back for a while until I brought them out and placed them with the rest, but since then all the Amiibo cards have disappeared since New Leaf got its update. Local Walmarts went from having multiple of each to none of each.

My Target had them misplaced in the back for a while until I brought them out and placed them with the rest, but since then all the Amiibo cards have disappeared since New Leaf got its update. Local Walmarts went from having multiple of each to none of each.

:( series 3 didn't even have time to shine, all they're selling now are the wa sets yiiikes. i remember seeing them a lot on the clearance section a few weeks back and thought it was for some black friday/holiday deals or som

i guess amazon is the way to go now

Hi, Cou! I've been having trouble finding them at the stores I usually buy them at too (though now, even if I do find them, I can't really spend any more money until I get a job :/). I usually buy the cards at Meijer's or Target, but as you stated, they are becoming harder to find still in stock. Amazon still sells them at the regular price ($5.99). As for the Welcome Amiibo cards, I haven't seen them at stores at all yet and it wasn't until today that I saw them in stock on Amazon.

Edit: I'm far behind in collecting too. I'm still collecting one more card for series 3 and about 12 for series 4; I'm getting about a dozen or so WA cards from trades, but that leaves about 40ish more cards I'd need. ><

Last edited:
I just bought some cards today while still on sale.
They were missing a few series at EB Games.

But we don't have many options besides them and JB-HIFI.

Target and Big W. I rarely go there however.

I was hoping for some fun amiibo collecting
and this was just the ticket I needed.

My town is an absolute Hay Day for cards. Target and Best Buy have them both for retail price. Walmart has 1 and 2 for $4 U.S and 3 and 4 at a rip off $12. GameStop has them all for $4 but they are in stock absolutuley nowhere.

I usually check either gamestop or walmart usually one has some..

I haven't seen much in stores anywhere near me. My local Walmart may have some, but I suspect I may be one of the only people buying them there, hehe. They never got WA cards to my knowlege, I bought out their S3 on my last visit, and left some S2 there. I haven't seen S4 in forever. When I was at the Best Buy that I frequent most often, I got their last WA pack, and they didn't have any other cards in stock. The only places I think may have them is EB Games near me...

I find mine at Walmart but they have only series 1 and WA. They had Series 2 and 3 but as soon as the update came they disappeared. And my gamestop had them on clearance for $1 so I bought those up. Now it's harder to find them in person.

I really dont know whats happening. They arent around in my city either, except Toys R Us sometimes. It seems that buying online is the only option for now. It's so weird cause it's all series amiibo cards that aren't there anymore.

Yeah, it's depleting a lot.
So far, I only see WA series recently in Target. They only have 5 in stocks. T:

Yeah it seems like scalpers snatch them up en masse pretty quickly. That's kind of a double edged sword b/c it does make it easier (and potentially less expensive) for completionists to get the whole set of say, the WA cards. But it still sucks for the player who just wants to buy a pack of cards and experience the joy of discovering what's inside.

I have had luck at Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop at various points but it's hit or miss. And they don't tend to have a lot of them in stock when they do have them.

In Texas there's Amiibo Cards galore. Everywhere that carries them have been plenty in stock. Fry's electronics even put a 1 pack per customer limit because they anticipating a lot of people buying them, but they nixed it because they had so many in stock and not enough people buying.

stickymice said:
But it still sucks for the player who just wants to buy a pack of cards and experience the joy of discovering what's inside.

I agree with this, it's fun just to open the packs. Yes, you're able to them on eBay already opened, but that's takes the fun out of it.

Back