• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Balloon furniture?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Has anybody actually gotten anything other than balloon furniture from the balloons? I haven't, but apparently it's a thing. If you have, what have you gotten? Is it just regular furniture from the store or something special?

Everyone said that this had been changed, but I have yet to see it, since I hadn't collected all the balloon furniture before the update incentivized it. It's been long enough now that I'm starting to wonder, like you, if this was one of the myths.

They can have other furniture, but they still usually have balloon items. I guess they didn't want to make the set impossible to collect, so you still have a good chance of getting a balloon item.

The other furniture is usually just stuff from Nook's, but they can contain unorderable Welcome Amiibo items occasionally, but it's pretty rare.

Last edited:
i stopped popping balloons bc i got bored of the balloon stuff... but i wonder what other people have gotten.

I can confirm that the balloon drops have changed. I've received balloon furniture, regular Nook's furniture, and Harvey's shop/Welcome Amiibo furniture.

In the past month, I've gotten the following Welcome Amiibo items for shooting down balloons: barrel planter, cypress plant, fancy display stand, fish on a board, lectern with mic, modern hospital bed, and water pot.

I can confirm that the balloon drops have changed. I've received balloon furniture, regular Nook's furniture, and Harvey's shop/Welcome Amiibo furniture.

In the past month, I've gotten the following Welcome Amiibo items for shooting down balloons: barrel planter, cypress plant, fancy display stand, fish on a board, lectern with mic, modern hospital bed, and water pot.

Oh cool, and what would you say the ratio between balloon furniture and other furniture would be?

i haven't shot down any balloons lately, so i can't confirm or deny, but hopefully it's not just a myth

I've only gotten balloon furniture, but tbh I don't really shoot balloons down that often. I usually forget to have my slingshot with me.

so far i got two retro fridge two biwa lute a pine chair a craddle and other things
but just a welcome amiibo item an electric sign

Last edited:
I've started popping the balloons again for over a month now and I have yet to get anything other than balloon furniture. So idk :(

I can confirm this is true, I have received a lot of random furniture when popping balloons now, from what I know it has just been stuff you can normally buy at t&t but I'm not 100% sure on that lol! So it is true ^_^

I've been playing since Christmas and obsessively popped balloons in order to get the full balloon set (not to my taste at all, but the 13 items definitely boosted my HHA score) and sell the extras for bells. About 2 days ago I got my first ever non-balloon item and have since received the following:

Lucky racoon
bamboo floor x 2
Steamroller
Vintage telephone
lunch tray
balloon lamp
stepladder
balloon hat
ranch dresser
balloon lamp
lucky gold cat
Sphinx
balloon bed
Grass standee
balloon bed

It seems to be a mix now, although as a new player I don't know how "rare" any of these non-balloon items are.

Last edited:
I can also confirm that once you have all the balloon furniture, they sometimes drop other furniture and Campsite items. If I am out with another character (that hasn't got all the balloon furniture) if I shoot the balloon down but let my mayor pick it up later I have a chance of getting other furniture works well.

Well this is some pretty good news! I remember thinking a while back that balloons should contain stuff besides that one specific set, and now they actually did it? Awesome! This means now I actually have a reason to still chase after flying presents even though I already got all the balloon items I need :)

I have gotten other items from balloons since update but not special items.

According to the new update, the balloons are meant to give other stuff now, but so far I've only gotten balloon furniture and I hate it :p

I have only received balloon furniture from popping balloons :mad: I hate it too! I used to love shooting down balloons in previous versions as it was totally random what you got ;)

I have gotten a few items that can be bought from tommy/timmy. No welcome amiibo furniture, but most often I still get those dreaded balloon furniture items.

Back