• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What life lessons have you learned in 2016?

- Yes, you can do it. All you need is determination. You actually gave a shot putting effort into something for once and it payed off big time. So get off your lazy ass, stop making excuses and JUST!!!! DO IT!!!!

- Don't ever take for granted the people you love. Tell them you love them, even though you already said it yesterday. Thank them every single time they do something for you. One can never receive too many hugs. Smile, stop being so self-centered and show others how much you care about them.

- Start flossing every single day goddamit. You just keep getting cavities if you don't. Your genetics gave you ****ty tooth enamel. Deal with it.

- Every single night before going to bed, set aside some time just for yourself. Unwind. Relax. Refuse to think about the things that worry you. Watch something relaxing, tuck yourself in with a good book, and only think happy thoughts. No matter what happened during the day. You're not allowed to be anything but calm and serene before bed. No exceptions. You'll sleep much better and feel a lot less stressed that way.

- Yes, you can do it. All you need is determination. You actually gave a shot putting effort into something for once and it payed off big time. So get off your lazy ass, stop making excuses and JUST!!!! DO IT!!!!

- Don't ever take for granted the people you love. Tell them you love them, even though you already said it yesterday. Thank them every single time they do something for you. One can never receive too many hugs. Smile, stop being so self-centered and show others how much you care about them.

- Start flossing every single day goddamit. You just keep getting cavities if you don't. Your genetics gave you ****ty tooth enamel. Deal with it.

- Every single night before going to bed, set aside some time just for yourself. Unwind. Relax. Refuse to think about the things that worry you. Watch something relaxing, tuck yourself in with a good book, and only think happy thoughts. No matter what happened during the day. You're not allowed to be anything but calm and serene before bed. No exceptions. You'll sleep much better and feel a lot less stressed that way.

this actually made me feel a bit better
you have a special way with words ~

15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance.

Last edited:
2016 taught me how rude, inconsiderate, selfish, and hateful people can be. I seriously think I lost a lot of my hope for the world in 2016. It hasn't come back yet...

Back