• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What life lessons have you learned in 2016?

nostalgibra

slave to the vaporwave
Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I've learned:

- Just because someone has crappy ideals, doesn't necessarily mean they have bad intentions or that they're not to be trusted at all. Nothing is black and white. You can't generalize everyone in a group, and even if you strongly disagree with their political (or religious, or whatever else) stance, you should always try to agree to disagree to keep their friendship/relationship. (Yes this is about Trump supporters.)

- Taking small steps is much better than trying to make giant leaps. It can even be easier than you thought once you actually start trying it. (this was me with eating healthier and exercising.)

- If it makes you nervous, you should do it. You'll be glad you overcame yourself. (within reason of course. I was scared to drive 45 minutes for a date, but I conquered my worries and I was so glad I met him. No he's not my boyfriend now lol but I had fun and I made a friend.)

- Do everything you can to make your loved ones feel special. I hate church and I hate religion, but my mother loves when I go to church with her, so I've started going more often. It makes her whole day. An hour of me being bored and uncomfortable makes her very happy, so I've learned to do things like that for her every time I can.

I want to hear what you guys have learned this year.~

I finally learnt to stop caring about what other people think or say xoxo inspirational

Keep your mouth shut, running it will only cause problems and not just for you.

Forgiveness does not excuse one's behavior. It's to not let it attack you in your heart.

I learned that a lot of people are really stupid and ignorant. I kinda already knew that, but 2016 took it to a mind-blowing level.

I learned that being a liar, corrupt puts you under the boat. And if you delete emails while being investigated, there will eventually be a public outcry.

--

Last edited:
Spend as much time as you can with your family, no matter at what age. As I get older (I'm 29 >.<) I have realized this year to spend time with my parents more. Life can get busy with having a job, being married, and doing your own thing. I almost lost my mom this year (she got sick and I found her in the bathroom unresponsive when we went out shopping together). I try to stay in contact and talk to her more. Respect and love your family, because time flies and you never know when that time will come and they will be gone :(

- spend time with your family, because they can disappear in the blink of an eye.
- one or even multiple horrible people don't define an entire group. this isn't really new information for me, but this year definitely reminded me of how important it is
- don't give up.

- never say something controversial on the internet b/c a group of people will come and be a d to you
- try to side with the side most people agree with or you ded
- don't care about what people say + don't continue arguments b/c most times they are trying to get you annoyed
- avoid any controversial threads b/c I swear every time you will most likely end up getting a "warning" or whatevs

TheMoreYouKnow

Back