• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do MEOW coupons make playing harder?

specific tasks (fishing, bug catching, etc) are harder when it's a coupon challenge

• Total voters
I find that most the coupon challenges are easier.
Player 2 in my 5th town got the tarantula challenge. Walked around for 75 minutes and it was sitting on the edge of the ocean cliff waterfall. It moved a little and than went back to the same spot. Sat there and Player 2 caught it. It was the first time Player 2 went tarantula hunting and the fastest I've caught one for a player. The tarantula challenge shouldn't be a one day 2 coupon thing. It should be a week long one and 10 coupons.

The mayor and Player 3 without the coupon challenge took longer. The tarantulas ran pass them and disappeared into trees. Spent 2 hours finding nothing. On the day that both of those player caught one it didn't put up much of a fight. It moved a little and than just sat there. Maybe Nintendo made it easier to catch those bugs with the update.

A lot of the fishing ones I've got really lucky and caught them before the hour was up.

that's a super interesting thought - that nintendo made certain things easier because of feedback from before the update, like moving out villagers with cards and plot setting, huh! thanks for the response! :)

They encourage people to play more.

I don't know if it makes me want to play MORE, but it definitely gives me another thing that I can try to do each day. Animal Crossing doesn't really give you many objectives, like most video games do. It's kinda neat that we get some actual objectives each day in addition to whatever ones you make up for yourself.

Back