• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How's the game?

what happens if I put my HHD file into my new acnl updated file?

You'll get access to the Happy Home Designer Challenge Items. AKA the big items.

You'll get access to the Happy Home Designer Challenge Items. AKA the big items.
are they only obtainable throught the file transfer? o:

I really like it. While I don't play as much as I did when I first got it, it really is only designing and once you get all the shops it can get a little tedious, but it is a great way to pre-design rooms. That's what I usually use it for these days. It's nice redesigning rooms using items I already know I own in New Leaf. And if there are items I think I want it saves a lot of trouble putting that item in a room in HHD to see what you think first rather than trying to track down someone who already owns that item, is willing to sell it, and then finding out I might not like how it looks.

are they only obtainable throught the file transfer? o:

Yep! Unless you buy them/catalogue them from someone here.
Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if you need to have them in your HHD game in order to send them off to NL. ^^;

One thing I like about the game is meeting new villagers I have not met in ACNL. Also, it's extremely satisfying to design home for villagers that you have but who have really horrible room designs in the game.

I love the aspects of seeing new villagers I haven't met before and seeing their designs in game rather just on cards.

I like designing all the houses though, especially since I don't know how to design my new leaf houses it can give me inspiration and sometimes see items that go together that I normally don't think would usually go together.
The one thing I don't like it the limits on space that you actually get to design. I think it would be awesome if outside areas were a bit bigger and inside areas have more rooms, like the players of NL does.

Last edited:
What I like most about the game is the ability to improve your interior design skills while you have fun :)!
I feel as if my house in ACNL wouldn't look as good as it does without me playing HHD!

One thing I like about the game is meeting new villagers I have not met in ACNL. Also, it's extremely satisfying to design home for villagers that you have but who have really horrible room designs in the game.
*cough* Chief *cough*
Anyway, this game seems to be fun...
Still haven't gotten it, but the interest is rising...

I absolutely love the little features and mechanics that are present in HHD but not ACNL...like decorating the yards...seriously hope they decide to add that to ACNL in another update. I know that's HIGHLY unlikely, but one can dream right?

What I like most about the game is the ability to improve your interior design skills while you have fun :)!
I feel as if my house in ACNL wouldn't look as good as it does without me playing HHD!

This is so true! Having items there at your disposal makes it easier and faster too. :D

Well the game is really really fun from the start, and your designs are limitless, you also have the opportunity to build Cafe, School, and Hospital! Also you discover a lot of new things that you cant do in ACNL.... but then after a while it gets boring because all there is to do is hang out with villagers in their houses or in the main street, or just design more houses. So I'd rate this game a 8/10, decently fun, but not as fun as Animal Crossing New leaf. Yup... that's basically my impression on it, although others may think it's very fun tho. Also decorating houses take long for me, so if you don't like playing games for a long amount of time, this is probably not for you.

Probably will get this game. :)
Starting to enjoy seeing the appeal of this game. :p

Last edited:
I just actually finally got my copy of Happy Home Designer today in the mail. I haven't played it much yet, I'd say its pretty enjoyable so far c: It really does have a different feel from ANCL, but I think that what makes it enjoyable. I'd say it will probably help me improve my interior designing skills and relax a little by designing a few rooms.

Probably will get this game. :)
Starting to enjoy seeing the appeal of this game. :p

You should get it. I was surprised at how addicting it can be. I started going a little crazy and making up stories about the villagers in my head. I would put pictures of other villagers in the homes of villagers that were involved with each other... Also, it gives having amiibo cards a purpose because you can use them to invite villagers to hang out in any house you designed, assign them jobs in the facilities, dress them up in whatever clothes you unlocked... and take awesome pictures. Ugh if I never got this game I would have saved a ton of money because I started buying amiibo cards. Be warned!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It does take a while to unlock all the furniture, but fun and worth it.

Honestly I don't love it as much as I thought I would. I got the HHD 3DS bundle and I'm glad I did because I love the system but I've only played it a handful of times. I like designing but I don't want that to be the only part of the game and I don't think I realized that until I started playing.

I love decorating and interior design so this game is very fun for me. It boosts my creativity and it's relaxing. It also lets me live out my dreams of being lucky enough to have the furniture to decorate a house, even if I don't have any of those things in real life ��

I really do like this game more than I expected. The music is incredibly relaxing when designing houses (it's Animal Crossing, what did I expect?). There's so much variety with furniture, inside and outside the house. I love giving houses that extra touch (my favorite piece is the elephant slide which is ADORABLE). Although, this game can get a little repetitive if you aren't unlocking furniture quickly. But, it does allow you to scan patterns in, so you can have some nice water outside the house if you want!

although I do like this game I feel that it is very fast paced and a bit repetitive. It also (for me at least) became boring a bit too quickly. That being said every now and then I do play it as it's a fairly good game, nothings perfect.

Back