• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How's the game?

The first questions to answer are:
Do you like decorating your house in ACNL? Do you like to change things up from time to time? Do you make it look like a home someone could actually live in? Or do you just scatter things here and there in a random mishmash?

If you like decorating your house, re-decorating, then you'll be doing that x300 over with AC characters/NPCs. You'll do some buildings like a restaurant, hospital, office, etc. You'll have more options available to you than the items in ACNL. But overall... you might have fun for a couple weeks to a month before you go back to playing something else. It's a game that's best enjoyed in spurts and it's not the kind of game that many people find themselves coming back to. I can't emphasize enough that you really need to enjoy decorating.

It's doing well. Collecting dust just as intended!

I played it for a weekend and then realized that I was basically done with it. Then I sold it and bought another copy of ACNL because that was clearly what I was looking for in another animal crossing game.

I really like it!

Like the majority of people have said though, it isn't like New Leaf. The villager interaction isn't there and you can't design your own home.
I really enjoy the game as it's different and gives me good ideas for my home in New Leaf haha.

I definitely recommend buying it!

Last edited:
I absolutely love how much more interactive the animals are in this game! I wish that that is implemented in the next Animal Crossing game. It's too bad it wasn't added in the update, but that would have been difficult for them probably.

Last edited:
It depends on whether you're into decorating houses and public buildings. I personally like it since it's a relaxing game but YMMV.

It's only fun if you like to decorate. I played for like an hour or so and it was already pretty boring hahah. Kind of a waste of money in my opinion.. :(

I have to be in a certain mood to play this game, but when I am in that mood it's amazingggggg <3

I actually haven't played it yet, personally, but the friend with which I share a New Leaf village is getting it and we're going to play it together as partners. That might be fun, but I'll let you know what we think when we actually get to play it.

If you like decorating houses, it will be the perfect game for you. I haven't played it because I am not much of a decorating person, but it would be cool to at least try it out!

I still play it to this day! But I took it slow. In my opinion, that's how you have to do it. Don't rush and create animals' houses all rushed and crappy. Take it slow and create a house or two a day. Of course this doesn't suit everyone's needs but it suits mine and even to this day I have fun designing! :D It relaxes me and is a great thing to play before bed.

Having spent a few days playing it, I'll say that it's actually a lot of fun. Ease of access to the furniture and, once you unlock refurbishing, being able to edit items... It definitely makes it easier and more fun to furnish rooms than it is in New Leaf. The addition of ceiling items and the ability to customize windows and blinds is really fun, and I love making the outside of the house match the request. It's a very low-stress game, no doubt.

That said, I wish there was a bit more challenge. I wish your clients would sometimes stop you and ask you for a new detail to mix it up, or that there were certain red flag items for each request that made a client unhappy. Honestly, what I REALLY wish for was some sort of point system that the game itself generated, rather than just the HHA showcase connected to WiFi. As it stands, the only challenge you'll face is a vague concept and a couple of items you're absolutely required to use in your work. Very little challenge.

But still, it's a chill game. I'd agree with what Corrie said above me and say it's best played doing a house or two a day, or occasionally go hang out with the villagers. Take some pictures, dress up some characters. Watch the characters at the school run around crazy. It's a cute game, no doubt about it.

Oh yeah, the game definitely is better played in short bursts rather than hours at a time. I also take breaks often to watch something or go do something else for a bit then come back with fresh eyes to finish up, and it's nice to be able to do that with no time restraints or anything. It could use more of a challenge and i do wish villagers had some things they just really hated so that there's more to work around. Even so, i have played it since it came out and still love it very much. I have an anxiety disorder and it calms me even more than just playing new leaf.

As others said though, it's definitely only for those who really love the interior design aspect of the other games. It's better treated as a supplement to new leaf imo, with added bits and some basic quality of life improvements using the touch screen.

Another thing, it's a game that's good to play when you're watching a movie you've seen before, or are stuck watching a series you're only sort of half-paying attention to. It's easy to look away from for a while without missing anything, or take super slow if you get distracted. Personally, I like to play simplistic games like this or Yoshi's Island while I'm binge-watching Netflix. To keep my hands busy, you know? This game's really nice for that.

I'm someone that loves decorating it's something relaxing that I have fun doing and I find myself very good at it so for me personally the game is amazing! I agree with others though it's a lot more fun if you take it a few minutes at a time instead of going in for a long period of time where you may find urself getting bored. I also agree that could be a little bit more of a challenge.

I love it personally! I was quite hesitant to get it, but I quite enjoy the game! I realized that the only thing I really REALLY liked about Animal Crossing was the design aspect! Now I can just have fun and decorate a few houses whenever I want without all of the hassle of town upkeep! ^-^ Perfect for me! <3

Playing this with all the items at your finger tips makes going back to New Leaf and having to buy the items harder. XD It's kinda like playing Minecraft vs the creative mode. Lmao. Good comparison tbh.

what happens if I put my HHD file into my new acnl updated file?

Back