• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How's the game?

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Wondering how the game is... Is it fun?
Checked on Best Buy, and you get two free Amiibo. :p
Overall tho, is the game worth it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I plan on buying the game, especially since it seems all villagers can be obtained in there. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guess also for people who plan/can't decide on buying it as well. :)

Last edited:
It's very different than new leaf, since you don't actually walk around and bond with the villagers or anything, it's solely based around design, both interior and exterior of houses. I honestly haven't played it that much, but maybe I'll enjoy it more when I unlock more items and can sorta go free reign on some houses to brainstorm stuff to do in new leaf?

Last edited:
You have to reeeealllly like designing homes or it will get old pretty quickly. I bought it and was addicted for around 2 weeks, and then I haven't played it since. Still, I don't regret buying it. I like to have the option of being able to design homes to the degree that HHD lets you :) Just don't expect anything more from it or you will be very disappointed.

it's pretty cute but i only played it on christmas last year and havent rly picked it up since lol oops.. it's really fun though i should probably play it again

It's a fun game, as long as you're aware that the only thing the game lets you do is decorate houses and buildings. You can't do anything else.

The New Leaf Welcome amiibo update put some of the HHD features into New Leaf, but HHD still has features NL doesn't. Those include being able to hold MANY more designs, being able to rotate designs (so if you make paths you don't have to necessarily make special corner pieces and such), being able to put things on the ceiling, more house exterior options (walls, doors, roofs), and being able to decorate with furniture outside.

Last edited:
I quite like it! I find it very relaxing designing homes for the villagers. Some awesome perks are.. you can change your players features whenever you want, there's loads of new furniture, there's lots of qr pattern space and they can even put on the roof! :>

1 day, and i never picked it up again, but i guess its good if you like designing houses and stuff...

Played it the day I got it. Was bummed because I learned it wasn't that fun to me. I got to the part where I had to design Carrie's yard and interior of her house where I realized I really don't want to.

My husband bought me HHD for my 28th birthday last year (the new 3DS bundle). I love the game and it is fun!, but it can become quite repetitive, since all you really do is decorate villagers homes (inside and out). I usually log in, decorate maybe 2-3 homes, and not touch it for a while. If you are a true AC fan, I think you will like it :). I recommend the game to any Animal Crossing fan!

Real talk? It's a fun game for as long as you're willing to suspend your disbelief. That is to say, for as long as your willing to just enjoy designing homes and occasionally changing up your character. There's not a ton of challenge because as long as you include their requested items you can pretty much get away with making the rest of the house a literal garbage bin, but hey, I'd just get it for the advantage in ACNL:WA. It's a cute distraction, but that's about it (>﹏<)

I got the game for Christmas, and so far I'm addicted. It's not one you have to play daily though. I think I'll probably keep playing it obsessively for awhile, then slow down on it after I've built my favorite villager's houses. There's more to do though than I thought. I thought you just created houses for villagers, but you can also build facilities on your main street and when you go in them, you'll see random villagers in your shops and restaurants (not just villagers you've made houses for already). You can talk to them, but they don't say too much like they do in New Leaf. It's still pretty neat though.

This game has a lot of satisfying features that I wish ACNL had, like being able to see how a piece of furniture would look refurbished with the press of a button. So cool. And chandeliers and other ceiling decor are sorely missed in my town after playing HHD for a bit. I also enjoy it for the little movies of the animals doing their thing in their homes after it's all done, or the cafe and other public spaces in use. Super adorable. I hope that if they do come up with a new Animal Crossing game in the future, that it combines the best parts of both of these games into something fresh and equally as enjoyable.

Last edited:
I love the inspiration I get from it for my own interiors, and the opportunity to step out of my personal tastes a bit and experiment with different styles outside of my home in New Leaf. For me it is a helpful tool to find ideas for my mayor's home. Overall it's cute, and I find the way villagers interact with the public buildings adorable :3

Designing is fun! However, I'm super impatient in unlocking all the furniture though, so I get bored easily because I have very limited furniture to deal with. But as you unlock more and more furniture it will be fun designing rooms that you can't do in new leaf. I love love love all the animals interact with the items, especially during the public projects. The dialogue are funny/interesting too.

Exploring other players designing is interesting too and see how creative people can get!

It's great as a game...
Awful as an Animal Crossing game, unless you extremely like designing houses

I've had it for about a week. I love it. It's really simple but it's great if you're creative. Like others have said, it can get repetitive so it's good to pick up and play in short sessions. I recommend it though :lemon:

During the first two weeks or so, it's pretty fun designing the city square. But when all you have left to design is villager houses, it can get a little boring. The cool thing is that if you have amiibo cards and design their houses, that house will transfer over to New Leaf if you scan it in and move in the villager.

During the first two weeks or so, it's pretty fun designing the city square. But when all you have left to design is villager houses, it can get a little boring. The cool thing is that if you have amiibo cards and design their houses, that house will transfer over to New Leaf if you scan it in and move in the villager.

Wait, so you can transfer a house design in HH into AC:NL?! :O

Back