Where have you traveled (or want to travel)?

KatRose

total piece of crap
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
White Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Traveling has been one of my biggest aspirations for as long as I can remember. Sadly, I haven't done much traveling in my life so far. While I'm thankful for the places I've been, I seriously will not be satiated until I've seen as many places in this world as I can. As of right now, I've lived in Arizona my whole life and I've been to California, Oregon, Washington state, New York, New Hampshire, Utah, and briefly Maine. I've never traveled outside the contiguous U.S., but hopefully that will change soon. I don't even have my passport though lol.

My top dream destinations are Italy (including Sicily), France to test out the French I've been learning for 3 years, the Caribbean islands, and Japan. I'd honestly be ecstatic to travel just about anywhere though, especially in Europe or Asia.

i'd like to go to new zealand, sk, italy, spain & france

oh and england. i've always wanted to go to london since i was little

Last edited:
I've been to a few countries, most recently to Poland and France. I've been to France more than any other country actually. I haven't seen much of Paris yet as I tend to go to smaller places whenever I go. Next I'm planning to go to Iceland or Japan when I graduate from college in 2018.

Click on the spoiler to see some photos from my last trip, if you like.

szvluo.jpg

29ks8pe.jpg

15nais0.jpg

2ngr3gk.jpg

20112f6.jpg

3305wqo.jpg

2n1z34g.jpg

1zwjmz6.jpg

33codb7.jpg

2z59ifa.jpg

2d1oai0.jpg

Last edited:
I've been to a few countries, most recently to Poland and France. I've been to France more than any other country actually. I haven't seen much of Paris yet as I tend to go to smaller places whenever I go. Next I'm planning to go to Iceland or Japan when I graduate from college in 2018.

Click on the spoiler to see some photos from my last trip, if you like.

szvluo.jpg

29ks8pe.jpg

15nais0.jpg

2ngr3gk.jpg

20112f6.jpg

3305wqo.jpg

2n1z34g.jpg

1zwjmz6.jpg

289gdhx.jpg

33codb7.jpg

2z59ifa.jpg

2d1oai0.jpg

Those pictures are incredible!! Makes me so envious of you haha. Where in France did you go, or just which place(s) did you like the best?

Those pictures are incredible!! Makes me so envious of you haha. Where in France did you go, or just which place(s) did you like the best?

Thanks! :)

My favorite city would probably be Biarritz.

Last edited:
I'm very lucky to have travelled quite a lot. Domestically I've been to all the eastern states of Australia (Queensland, NSW, ACT, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia), and I travelled a lot internationally with my family. I've been to China, USA (LA, DC, NYC and Boston), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile), Easter Island, Tahiti, Fiji and New Zealand. I went to Japan on a school trip because I was studying Japanese for a bit, and I lived in Norway for 5 months on exchange.

Now that I have moved out of home, I don't think I'll be travelling any time soon! I'd love to go to Japan again, and my partner and I are planning to move to rural Tasmania at some stage in the future.

unfortunately, i've yet to travel anywhere. however, the places i want to go themost are florida and sweden

I haven't done too much traveling, but here's where I've been:

US
Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Washington DC, Maryland, Massachusetts, California, Florida... I think that's it.

Internationally
England, France, S. Korea

I'll be going to Seattle and Vancouver in May, I'm really looking forward to that! I'd really like to go to Sweden next!

Traveling is absolutely a dream of mine but I haven't had the opportunity to visit many places yet.

A few years ago I made two trips to Canada to live with my (now ex) boyfriend and I had a fantastic time both years that I visited. One year we had a road trip to Calgary from Winnipeg, and even though they say the landscape in between is flat and boring, I found it to be rather amazing. I had never seen so much farmland with little farm houses in the middle of no where, it looked like something right out of a movie to me.

On the way to Canada I transferred in Amsterdam, Newark, Minneapolis and Toronto (obviously not during the same trip) but I didn't spend much time in any of them so I guess those don't really count.

More recently however, I visited Germany during August this year and saw so many wonderful towns and cities there. K?ln (or Cologne), D?sseldorf, K?nigswinter, Schlossberg, Wetter, Herdecke, Soest... All beautiful places that I hope to revisit next year.

Despite living in Scotland all my life, I have never visited the wilds up north or even the surrounding isles. I really need to do that at some point! Sometimes I forget how beautiful our country is.

Despite living in Scotland all my life, I have never visited the wilds up north or even the surrounding isles. I really need to do that at some point! Sometimes I forget how beautiful our country is.

I'm hoping that next year for my trip to France I can stop in Scotland for a few days. I've never been, but I really want to see Edinburgh and the Highlands.

USA: New York, Montana, Pennsylvania, Utah, Idaho, Florida, Arizona, Missouri and more idk
Int: Mexico, Syria, Lebanon, France and others idc about

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yeah Canada

- - - Post Merge - - -

No new places in particular I'd like to go I'm not that fond of traveling and nothing really interests me anymore

I've only been to a few European countries so far. My most recent trip was to Sweden and Norway where me and dad went on a road trip last summer. We drove our own car there and slept in a tent at several campgrounds, it was great. Our main goal was to go to a couple concerts but we also saw some absolutely beautiful scenery when we drove through mid-Norway on the way back home. The countryside, fjord and mountains were stunning. I'd like to take another road trip there and stay for longer because we were on a bit of a tight schedule last time. Nevertheless, it was by far the best trip I've made abroad.

DJhpv07.jpg

1oNkiZX.jpg

The Geirangerfjord - we slept at a campgrounds on the farthest cape thing on the right

yJf2i78.jpg

More Geiranger

KfenNhN.jpg

hE9dJnN.jpg

Trolltinden

fGNRw91.jpg

More Trolltinden

vMKqyWK.jpg

No way I'm gonna climb up there dude

Other than those two countries, I've also been to Germany, Austria, Estonia and Greece, every place but Norway and Austria multiple times. Dunno if there's any places I'd like to visit in particular, maybe Wales and Scotland or another trip to Norway. Pretty much anywhere with mountains but I'm not picky. I'd go almost anywhere given the chance.

I traveled to Italy[cause hometown, don't know if that counts tho], I went to the bora bora resort in French Polynesia Islands this summer, like omg, the oceans there are so blueeee, I went to Sweden and England with my uncle when he was going on business trips, went to Japan with my great grandma and hated it, Bahamas, Jamaica, and I'm going to go to south korea with a few friends of my choice in spring or in the summer.

I really want to go to Paris.

I have been to disney world several times, and my travel aspirations include: new york, japan, and france.

Internationally, I've been to:

Korea (twice), Japan (twice), and Ireland.

I'm from the US, so the states I have visited are:

Louisiana (home state), Texas (current state), Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri, Idaho, New York, Utah. I have also been to airports in California and Pennsylvania, if that counts.

The place I want to visit most is Canada!

Been: A large chunk of the US states to include Hawaii (lived there for a while), Japan (lived there for a while)
Want to go: Australia, New Zealand, a good chunk of Europe

I've gotten around a lot (hurr), having traveled for almost 2 years straight. You'd think you'd need a lot of money but hitchhiking, sleeping in a tent, and riding a bicycle is free. Finding work-for-stay programs was fairly easy and hostels and farms usually had no problem allowing me to work under the table. The most expensive part was purchasing flights, but even then you could find deals or fly off-season when it's significantly cheaper. There are also hospitality communities like Couchsurfing and Warmshowers that are great for cities. Lived out of a backpack (except when I was riding across the United Kingdom & around Ireland, in which case it was a bike with panniers :p) carrying all of my worldly possessions. The whole experience went fairly smoothly but when things went wrong boy did they go wrong. It taught me more about the world and myself than school ever did.

Came back to the States to lay some roots as you sacrifice a lot living that kind of nomadic life, though I still make it a point to go on a long hiking and/or cycling trip every summer. Fly around the US for shows, festivals, and such when there's something worth traveling for. Don't really have a favorite destination as everywhere has something unique to offer but I'd love to revisit Vietnam, Ireland, and Scotland the most. I'd like to spend time in Central/South America and learn Spanish but I have more commitments now and getting away every summer is difficult enough as it is. Someday though. Not like it's going anywhere. :p

Prefer to spend a good amount of time in each place as I feel you can't get a good grasp of a location without being there for more than a few days, though some places definitely aren't very interesting. Was thinking about hitting up Cuba this March with some friends. I'd like to see it before American influence forever changes the culture.

Last edited:
I've been to every continent but Asia, so I would love to go there! Either Korea or Japan, I think.

Back