Where have you traveled (or want to travel)?

My family enjoys travelling a lot and I have been in many different countries, but I am kinda anxious and don't really enjoy travelling... this fall my sister and mom went to london but i stayed at home because i didnt want to go. last time i was in another country was summer 2015 i think when we went to denmark with car. last time i was on an airplane was when i flew back home from new york in late october 2014.
i think the place i enjoyed the most was when we went to spain when i was 5 yrs old. i dont remember much but my mom has said that my sister and i were really excited abt everything lmao. on every vacation since ive pretty much been anxious and stressed. tho!!! when we went to france in 2013 i kinda liked it but some ****ty things happened so it was a bit ruined .,..

if i ever get over my anxiety it would be pretty cool to go to japan. id also like to visit some more cities in the us aside from new york

I forgot that I also want to go to Montana someday~ I just want to go on a horseback ride there lol

Living in Canada, relatively close to the border, I've been to the US a fair bit. I've visited Minnesota, North Dakota, California, Hawaii, and brief trips to Chicago and St. Louis with school. I've also been to the Dominican Republic once with a church group. In Canada, I've mostly only ventured West of where I live, so I've seen Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.

I really hope to travel to Quebec and try out my French, as well as the Maritime provinces for some fresh seafood! Going even farther north would be cool too, maybe I can hop along the territories and get over to Alaska. :p Internationally, I really hope to get over to Europe sometime in my life, particularly Sweden, where I have some ancestral roots. I also hope to visit Japan in the next couple years to visit my cousin while she is studying there. It'd be really helpful to have a guide that is somewhat fluent in the local language, especially when it's so different than English.

Last edited:
Where I've been:
In the USA:
Southern Massachusetts (including Cape Cod)
Boston, Massachusetts
Plymouth, Massachusetts
All of the costal areas in Rhode Island (Providence, Newport, Bristol, Tiverton, etc.)
Somewhere in Conneticut
Conway, New Hampshire
Orlando, Florida
Palm Beach, Florida (I think it was Palm Beach, I know it was somewhere near Miami)

International:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Nassau, Bahamas

I'd like to go to all of Polynesia, Australia, Fiji, British Columbia and the Maritime provinces in Canada, New Orleans in Louisiana, Savannah in Georgia, Brazil (Rio de Janeiro, S?o Paulo, Porto Alegre, Salvador, Fortaleza, Brasilia, etc), Mexico City in Mexico, Buenos Aires in Argentina, Uruguay's coast, La Serena in Chile (there's a total eclipse on my birthday there in 2019), around Santiago in Chile, South Africa, Portugal (Azores, Porto, Lisbon, etc), Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Ireland, India, Finland, Indonesia, Singapore, Philipines, and Thailand.

Last edited:
US
Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Arkansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, DC, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, California, Oklahoma, Arizona, Hawaii, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and New Mexico.

Internationally
Cayman Islands, Mexico, Okinawa, and South Korea.

my mother works at an airport and is a first-gen immigrant from asia ( the philippines in specific ), so my brohers and i have been able fly very cheaply, as we're family of an airline employee. we go to the philippines annually, stopped by in korea for a couple days before, and my brother was able to go to japan to visit one of our relatives (without me bc i had school!! :,c ) we mainly go to tropical places such as hawaii, costa rica, panama, and the bahamas, because with the exchange rate from USD to their currency, it's cheaper, and also just because my mother loves tropical/hot/beachy places, i mean it's the environment she grew up in after all. though personally i think i would love to visit some more european places, especially holland, italy, france, germany (im half german) and greenland, some for the scenery and some for the art/culture, and all because they're beautiful! while the tropics can be beautiful, i'm just not a very beachy person and hate getting sandy & wearing swim suits/bare minimum clothing bc of the heat! :0 i've gotten chubby the past year and don't feel very good having so much of my body exposed bare, and i dont really have a choice to cover up in those climates ; v ;

Last edited:
I've only been to Japan (Osaka, Hyogo, and Okayama) and Molokai and Oahu (Hawaii). I would love to visit in the alps in Europe, Canada, Alaska, and maybe Iceland.

Last edited:
I haven't been to many places, I live in California and have been to Illinois, Nevada, and Oregon within the states. Outside of the country I've only been to Mexico, thankfully it was before things got bad there and we were at a pretty safe all inclusive resort so that was nice. I've love to travel to many places, mostly Europe and Australia. I hope someday I have the means to do so.

i really want to go to a white beach, i don't mind where. it was my childhood dream.

Last edited:
Out with the UK, I've travelled to Canada (twice), to visit my partner. I'd like to visit a lot of places, not one particular place is stand out.

I have been to:
Finland (where I was born), France, Sweden, USA (L.A), UK, Spain, Canada and Ivory Coast.

I'm going to the Netherlands in October ^-^

Places I would like to visit:

Iceland, Japan, Norway, Romania, France (again), Estonia and Korea. There's so much more omgg

Last edited:
I don't really like traveling so my family only goes about once a year
These are the places I've gone to

International - Thailand

US - Illinois, California, Ohio, Nevada

I would like to travel to
Dubai, South Korea, Japan

Last edited:
A couple of random countries lol bc my dad forced me everywhere when I was a kid -_-

I'd love to go to Portugal though. Or Japan and maybe California/US someday.

I've been to France and Germany (twice). Planning a third trip to Germany in spring 2018. I'm so in love with that country and I'm about to start learning the language. I did take German lessons for two years 2002-2004, but then I moved to England and my new school focused on French and Spanish instead.

In my teens I really wanted to travel to Asia - particularly Japan and South Korea. Now instead I'm more interested in travelling Europe with emphasis on Austria, Luxembourg, Finland, Sweden, Norway, and the Balkans. Russia and Thailand are also on the list of places I'd love to go.

To my memory, I've been to:
California for family,
Driving through Oregon only to visit more family for 5 min,
Then the Washington border to camp.
Nassua, Bahamas to visit family.
Georgia for family, then again for business.
Texas for reasons...
Going back to Georgia tomorrow by bus (ugh).

Where I want to go:
Japan, China, S Korea, Italy, Spain, etc!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i really want to go to a white beach, i don't mind where. it was my childhood dream.

Clearwater Beach here in Florida is a good one! One of the cleanest I've ever been to, and lots to do c:

Last edited:
i'd love to go to japan and germany though i'd be an inconvenience not knowing the language well or anything

I've never traveled outside of my own Province, pretty much the most exciting thing was getting to see some of the bigger cities here.

I'd love to go really anywhere other than where I live, but France, Japan, Sweden, and the USA have always intrigued me.

Back