What MMORPGS do you play?

Ghibli

ʚ Teary-Eyed Dummy ɞ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
I personally play Blade & Soul & Ocasionally Final FantasyOnline (The Trial, I ain't got time to pay for two different things at the same time) Online but people have mixed feelings about them ! List some of your favorite and expand my knowledge B-)

Oh my gosh, I could go forever...

I play currently Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2, Blade & Souls, Runescape, The Secret World and Elder Scrolls Online. I got them all. Haha

Oh my gosh, I could go forever...

I play currently Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2, Blade & Souls, Runescape, The Secret World and Elder Scrolls Online. I got them all. Haha

The secret world I haven't heard of but ayy, if you're ever on bns hmu on mushin or juwol ;-)

Ah man, the first MMO I ever played was RaiderZ back in early 2013. At the time I really enjoyed it, but it soon became clear to me that PWE was a really greedy publisher, and on top of that the developers for RaiderZ (Maiet if I remember correctly) were pretty much done for. The game has since been shut down but for my first taste of MMOs I really enjoyed it.

Then I picked up the Tera Collector's Edition in August 2013, and wow did that game open my eyes. It was worlds ahead of RaiderZ, the classes were better fleshed out, it was actually open world, and it looked beautiful. I met some really awesome people over the 3 or so years that I played Tera, wasted many hours of my free time and spent a fair amount of money on it. Every now and then I patch the game to see what's changed but I don't play it as seriously as I used to back then. I might have a look at it yet again when the next new class comes out next year, it actually looks pretty cool and I normally detest any additional classes they add.

Last year I got really excited about Blade & Soul too, I had been waiting for a western release for YEARS. I played two CBTs last year, then played it on launch until about.. March, I think? I actually really enjoyed that game, and it has my absolute favourite soundtrack ever tbh. I loved the gameplay but I just hated the way NCSoft handled the game. It looked promising at first but they went back on their word so many times, not to mention I had awful ping to their servers in some instances like Mushin's Tower, and they made the upgrade costs ridiculously grindy to the point where it felt like a chore for the couple hours I could manage each night. I don't know if I'll ever go back to the game, it's been months since I've looked at any updates for it but I definitely miss it a lot. Since then I've stopped playing MMOs altogether because of time constraints.

I think at this point the only MMO I'd consider getting into now is Monster Hunter Online if they ever release it in the west. My friends and I have been waiting for another MH to play for a long time since neither of them have a 3DS.

Ah man, the first MMO I ever played was RaiderZ back in early 2013. At the time I really enjoyed it, but it soon became clear to me that PWE was a really greedy publisher, and on top of that the developers for RaiderZ (Maiet if I remember correctly) were pretty much done for. The game has since been shut down but for my first taste of MMOs I really enjoyed it.

Then I picked up the Tera Collector's Edition in August 2013, and wow did that game open my eyes. It was worlds ahead of RaiderZ, the classes were better fleshed out, it was actually open world, and it looked beautiful. I met some really awesome people over the 3 or so years that I played Tera, wasted many hours of my free time and spent a fair amount of money on it. Every now and then I patch the game to see what's changed but I don't play it as seriously as I used to back then. I might have a look at it yet again when the next new class comes out next year, it actually looks pretty cool and I normally detest any additional classes they add.

Last year I got really excited about Blade & Soul too, I had been waiting for a western release for YEARS. I played two CBTs last year, then played it on launch until about.. March, I think? I actually really enjoyed that game, and it has my absolute favourite soundtrack ever tbh. I loved the gameplay but I just hated the way NCSoft handled the game. It looked promising at first but they went back on their word so many times, not to mention I had awful ping to their servers in some instances like Mushin's Tower, and they made the upgrade costs ridiculously grindy to the point where it felt like a chore for the couple hours I could manage each night. I don't know if I'll ever go back to the game, it's been months since I've looked at any updates for it but I definitely miss it a lot. Since then I've stopped playing MMOs altogether because of time constraints.

I think at this point the only MMO I'd consider getting into now is Monster Hunter Online if they ever release it in the west. My friends and I have been waiting for another MH to play for a long time since neither of them have a 3DS.

This was quite interesting to go through, I've never heard of RaiderZ, I guess you can call me a little bit of a fresh nooby since I haven't played that many? Tera's coloring job was so great. I loved all the bright and (overly saturated at times) worlds, and of course me being the freakin' "weeb" I am, I picked elin for a main ! I use to get so nervous playing though because I use to have a fear of messing up and people would just stop to watch you fight and honestly I was standing there like "...DO YOU MIND THOUGH" I'm pretty much over it now because I've become a keyboard smasher w great reflexes B-).

As for blade and soul, I played it the night of the beta since my friend hooked me up and I felt so cool with my fresh username but I also had ***** ping because I tried playing it on a 4 GB computer with terrible internet speed. WORD OF WISDOM DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU GOT ALTEAST 8 GBS AND LOT OF MEMORY. It does recommend 2 but that is LIESSSS.

As for the company not is known much about them, and I think you should play again, they updated so less-able people who have terrible computers can play to a degree? valentines was adroable you fought for mini cookies <3 AND CHRISTMAS WOOOO I wanted to spend money on it so bad???? they had little reindeer outfits for the kittys and cute magestic winter themed weapontry.. ;_ ;

edit; I played this rather newly (new last year) cute monster hunter game last year not the same one but it was pretty cute ! (and you can download monster hunter, yes it'll be in a different language but you can simply get a language pack to decrpyt it into english) there's a video I just watched on all steps :O

Last edited:
(OS) Runescape and MapleStory are the ones I play the most, but I veeery rarely play Guild Wars 2, TERA and Realm of the Mad God.

big quote lol

I don't expect many people to know about RaiderZ, don't worry haha. It was a really obscure game, and honestly pretty terrible compared to other MMOs out there now.

Regarding BnS though, my hardware certainly wasn't the problem with the game. In fact, I will say that it ran pretty well at 60-120 fps in most cases, and that's a HUGE improvement over Tera which is notorious for horrible performance. BnS was slightly better optimised and it made a remarkable difference, but it still struggled with lots of players on screen at once. If anything it's a problem with Unreal Engine 3, it's not a great engine for online multiplayer games with excessive particle effects, it seems. I remember the worst experience I had in terms of performance was on the Blackwyrm world boss, the game would drop to about 5 fps with roughly 50 players on screen blasting skills in one direction, it was hilariously bad lol. I think someone on the forums reported a memory leak for this particular boss that caused the extreme slowdown, I had never seen anything like that before. Everywhere else was smooth as butter though!

My problem with ping however was on NCSoft's end, I'm sure. I don't know why but their servers seemed quite unstable even after the busy launch period, the lag was unbearable sometimes, and I normally have a good connection even to US based servers. I've considered playing it again but I really don't know who I'd play with at this point! My bf doesn't want to go back to it, so I'd have to queue for content by myself, that takes a lot of fun out of it for me. ;(

I'm glad you're still enjoying it though! I'm sure I would too if I didn't mind the grind to upgrade so much. That game has amazing costumes and I'll admit I dropped a little bit of money on them too literally a few days after launch LOL. I'm really terrible.~

Does MonsterMMORPG count? I played it a lot and it was my favorite. It was a Pokemon MMORPG, but when Gamefreak found out, they had to shut it down. It came back up when they made it to where it won't get copyright striked. Thing is, I never battled anyone online before on that site. And I stopped playing because it hurt my eyes. The reason why it hurt my eyes was because I had to find Zenith, Legendary and Ancient monsters in order to progress on with the game. It was still fun, I just wish I got back online. When I do go back on the site, and find powerful monsters again, I'll go slow this time.

Does MonsterMMORPG x

GOOD LUCK SOLDIER, hopefully your eyes don't bulge out or something, that'd be wicked...way to end a horror movie ngl, but please b careful. I think I've played that before as well I'll have to jog my memory !

Anyone remember Elsword? That was lit with the little anime chars and I love their little kicks, I haven't played it since my and my ex split he would always be like 'lol noob' because he had a mount and I didn't LOL.

Also maplestory, ah my childhood.. *clenches heart* the time where I would watch youtube videos that were similar to amvs and thought they were the cutest things ever???

I haven't reached passed level 25+ Yet, I went on a looong haitus on my main for about 7 months because I didn't have a proper pc, I started a new char and yes I have a yearn to just grind.

Anyone think EOS is any good? Should I play it? Is it similar to Tera? Black Desert? What kind of pc would you need to run it from your guys pov?

I play an emulator for the 1999 MMO EverQuest. It tries to faithfully recreate the game during that era and does a pretty good job. Don't play modern MMOs anymore, I lost my faith in where the genre is heading. Have played RuneScape, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft (pre-BC), EQII, Age of Conan, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and EVE Online over the years though.

Last edited:
I've played FFXI, PSU, WoW, Aion, Tera, Cabal, Elsword, STWOR, and FFXIV. I probably forgot to list some. But right now the only MMO I'm playing is FFXIV.

GOOD LUCK SOLDIER, hopefully your eyes don't bulge out or something, that'd be wicked...way to end a horror movie ngl, but please b careful. I think I've played that before as well I'll have to jog my memory !
Well, I would. But at first I couldn't get on it again. But 2 years later, I convinced my mother that I could play again. I told and let my mom watch a Monstermmorpg video to show her that it wasn't as bad as it was before. I got back online again by my mom. But a month later, my eyes were hurting again. So mom really won't let me on again. So I couldn't go back on that game again. :(

Well, I would. But at first I couldn't get on it again. But 2 years later, I convinced my mother that I could play again. I told and let my mom watch a Monstermmorpg video to show her that it wasn't as bad as it was before. I got back online again by my mom. But a month later, my eyes were hurting again. So mom really won't let me on again. So I couldn't go back on that game again. :(

...this is the saddest thing I've ever read *clenches chest* i feel for you soldier, hopefully you find a better game that doesn't break your eyes you know?!

Right now: Playing Iris online on a p-server. I like it, its cute and whimsical. I've downloaded Aura kingdom just haven't gotten into it yet ^^ I also play toontown if that counts?

I currently play ESO and have played SWTOR and Destiny. I first played ESO when it came out for PC but I've had to give up PC gaming due to the extreme unexplained nausea it gave me so now I stick with consoles.

Back