• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

🌹Animal Crossing Journals: The 1 Year Challenge, 2017 Edition🌹

SensaiGallade

✨ Étoile 2020 ✨
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1251-8940-4139
Island
Rosemoor
Sheep Plush
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Celeste Chick Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
January 2017 Challenge Logo.jpg

Welcome, my friends! The year of 2017 is closing in upon us. And you know what that means, don't you? Yes, that's right! It's time for the 1 Year Challenge!

What is the 1 Year Challenge?

The 1 Year Challenge is a challenge (obviously) to start a town on ACNL and play on the town for a whole year. There are certain rules that are implemented to make it more of a challenge, yet make the game more enjoyable.

The focus of the 1 Year Challenge is not only to inspire people to pick up the game again, but to build a small little community of people and to watch our towns grow! To keep ourselves motivated and to truly be able to love the game again, especially with those who have reset endlessly, always unsatisfied with what they roll. This is a place to make the game more fun and to help bring players together.

I've put together a range of different idea's, rules and more based on personal responses I have received. So please, take a look and read!

Start your town on January 1st
  • Hopefully this is pretty self-explainatory. Starting on the 1st January will hopefully allow you to see the progress you make over the course of the year.
No Time Travelling
  • Time travelling takes the fun out of the game and defeats the object of the challenge.
No Transfering Anything
  • This includes selling the town to earn a butt-tonne of cash as some people are unable to do that. The challenge is more fun when you earn something; it's more rewarding.
Small things such as Plot resetting are allowed as well as amiibo Villager move-in's.​

• Capture all of the available bugs, fish and deep sea creatures for this month.
  • Obtain at least 1 villager pic for this month
  • Jan 1st-7th - Obtain all of the native town fruit.
  • Jan 8th-14th - Collect at least 50 medals on the Island
  • Jan 15th-21th - Wrap up nice and warm for the coming Winter!
  • Jan 22nd-28th - Gain 100% Mayoral Approval and build at least 3 PWP’s

• Capture all the available bugs, fish and deep sea creatures for this month.
  • Obtain a Perfect Town Status as well as a gold watering can. HAS TO BE YOUR OWN!
  • Feb 1st-7th - Overhaul yourself with a look to close for the winter.
  • Feb 1st - 14th - Wriet a Valentine poem or story to someone or anything!

Every Sunday, you can come and visit my town and buy special furniture! This is free of charge of course! This will begin next Sunday, 8th January. I have the amiibo:
  • Isabelle
  • Digby
  • Reese
  • Cyrus
  • K.K. Slider
  • Inkwell (Inkling Squid)
  • Wolf Link (Link)
  • All the Sanrio amiibo cards

Every month, there will be a bell lottery! This is made up of donations that I, myself contribute to as well as you too! This months withdraw date will be the 31st January! The donated money will be kept in my additional character's ABD if you do so wish to contribute.

Current Jackpot: 6 Million Bells

Myself
Every 3 months, There will be a TBT Jackpot that is compiled together to form I huuuuugggeeee amount that is spread between everyone! There will be a first, second, third and participantss prize. The closing date for these will be the 30th April, 31st August and the 31st December this year! The TBT will be stored in my ABD where I will keep a count of and save everything. If you wish to donate, then please inform me and send over the desired TBT.

Current Jackpot: 500TBT

Myself
KaydeeKrunk
Carly, Mayor of Caketon
misspiggy95
ZebraQueen
Libra

The player's participant list. This spreadsheet will allow you to easily access players information for trades and town visits. Use CTRL+F to navigate throughthe spreadsheet! Find it here!

Check out our personal discord! yabber endlessly in a repetitive discussion with other participents and spectators in a range of different channels including off-topic discussion, gaming, and obviously, AC. Participants will be PM'd the link once signed up and eventually will be open to the public once we have a great community going!

A Wiki page with all the PWP's, sizes and who unlocks them! This can be found here!

Thonky's face guide for ACNL. This is my personal favorite site for the fice guide. Find it here!

A spreadsheet that acts as a checklist for all bugs, fish and deep-sea creatures, made by yours truly! Find it here!

How to copy the spreadsheet.
1.Open the spreadsheet.
2.Click the File menu.
3.Click Make a copy.
4.You are given the option to name the spreadsheet. It will save into your Drive.
5.You are free to edit it and do as you please with it!

A rock placement guide I found! It identifies the placement of rocks and possibly how you can identify them! Find it here!

I want to show you the progress you can truly make by doing the 1/1 challenge. I taken part in this year's challenge. Yes, the community died, but I still made it nearly 365 days with my town of Rosemoor. And it is staying that was. Here's some before pic:

WVW69ivgVY4dSM55gp.jpgWVW69iwHansKVcBKGt.jpgWVW69iydrbU8eETMjF.jpgWVW69i0qHjAJo53ml5.jpgMarshal.jpg

Now before deleting your towns or whatever, please take a moment to visit my Dream Town, freshly updated today. There is some slight misshaps I'm working on but you get the idea. My Dream Address is: 6B00-0017-305E. I aim to make this challenge a success for me, you, and everyone who takes place.

I'm looking forward to this years challenge. Hopefully, we can all make it enjoyable!

Last edited:
I've started mine already, hopefully I keep this one forever. c:

Can we restart on new year as many time we want for a good map?
I really want short river and orange fruit
For this town that I want to do with the 2017 challenge
Though I'm gonna keep it forever i ust want to start fresh
With my 4 cartridge

Can we restart on new year as many time we want for a good map?
I really want short river and orange fruit
For this town that I want to do with the 2017 challenge
Though I'm gonna keep it forever i ust want to start fresh
With my 4 cartridge

Yes, of course! The only rules there are to the challenge are the ones listed on the front. Plot resetting, map resetting, all that jazz, is allowed!

Well thank for answering my questions
But sadly I can't start on new year
Because my 3ds charger broke and doesn't have battery and Walmart ran out and there no gamestop
So by the time I get one it will be some few days after new year

Oh well I guess I just do it to my own then and start on January 1 and travel to regular date

I'm sorta hoping to do this, but I started my new town today (technically late last night). I'm just a few days early. :D

Well thank for answering my questions
But sadly I can't start on new year
Because my 3ds charger broke and doesn't have battery and Walmart ran out and there no gamestop
So by the time I get one it will be some few days after new year

Oh well I guess I just do it to my own then and start on January 1 and travel to regular date

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. You can start when you can on the date 1st January, then catch up if it's only a few days after the first.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorta hoping to do this, but I started my new town today (technically late last night). I'm just a few days early. :D

Maybe you can restart again on the first...

I'm making a 2NE1 themed town maybe! :) for bom Dara Cl and minzy

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have an all blue town and I'm getting a new acnl game! :) 4 villagers named the 4 stars of 2NE1! ;9;

I'm making a 2NE1 themed town maybe! :) for bom Dara Cl and minzy

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have an all blue town and I'm getting a new acnl game! :) 4 villagers named the 4 stars of 2NE1! ;9;

If I'm being honest, I have no idea what that is but I wish you good luck with it and your town!

Then thanks IL sign up in a moment
Though gotta wait for some few little days
As soon as I have a charger gonna find my map and put January 1 and then travel to my regular date and time and no more time traveling

- - - Post Merge - - -

Though not gonna plot reset km just gonna let it normal

Then thanks IL sign up in a moment
Though gotta wait for some few little days
As soon as I have a charger gonna find my map and put January 1 and then travel to my regular date and time and no more time traveling

- - - Post Merge - - -

Though not gonna plot reset km just gonna let it normal

That's great to know! I'll add you to the sheet!

Back