Updates Ahoy! Now my dilemma, to Vivian, or not to Vivian??

Rochelle

Mayor of Fables
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Hi guys! On a whim today I thought I'd grab the ole DS out and see how my town was looking these days... much to my surprise I find out an entire UPDATE has happened to this game so I've spent a ridiculous amount of hours going through everything and it has been most enlightening!

And thus my dilemma was born... Should I decide to adopt Vivan and throw a spanner in my perfectly plotted, dreamie filled town?!

The way I see it I have 3 options:
1. Swap out Vivian for Skye - keeping my layout correct and in keeping with the two Wolves in town theme. Cons of this is honestly I adore Skye, she grew on me a lot more than a few other villagers I thought I would like!

2. Move out Bam (least fave deer) and move in Vivian, and in doing so feel required to change the positions of Skye and Erik (ANOTHER 16 cycle *shudder*) to keep the harmony of my town. Cons are this is ridiculously labor intensive and just so annoying that I really wouldn't be happy having Vivian tacked on to the end of my deer houses.

3. Keep my adorable little town the same and admire Vivian from afar. Cons: No Vivian :(

I realise my 'rules' for my village verge on ludicrous but when I do something I do it right or I will agonise over it forever. My other annoyance is that I live in Australia where cards are both hard to get and more expensive, plus I would also have to invest in a Amiibo Reader as well ugh. If I could get Vivian, Skye and Erik's Cards easily I might change my mind, but I wasn't having much luck with my cursory check of stores.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, you guys have made some other hard decisions I've had in the past a lot easier so I figure put the question to you and the answer might become a little clearer! Also if it will help I'm happy to post a pic of my map as well so you'll see what I mean about 'perfectly plotted!'

Thanks guys :lemon:

i would probably just not get her, unless you want to go through the hassle of going through the 16 villager cycle with bam, or if you're willing to give skye up

This is why I asked for a new AC:NL cartridge for Christmas. I too find the Welcome amiibo villagers (including Vivian) attractive but can't stand the idea of moving out anyone from my main town. I am very happy with my current 10 villagers. I will likely get Vivian, June, and Sylvana in my new town along with the 6 Sanrio villagers and one regular villager.

I would go with the first option. I was going to say the second, but my OCD would fry a couple of neurons trying to get over the fact that there's a wolf at the end of the deer houses. >-> Plus it sounds like a lot of work, and this is supposed to be fun. <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I always see it as this; if I move a villager I'm slightly attached to, I can always see them in the shops in main street for a while so long as no one or not too many animals move, so I'm good. <3 It's a nice change of pace.

I have a all deer town all ten a perfect fit as was my sheep town until Cashmere and Stella were added sigh..I have an all wolf town plus Kyle cookie and Cherry,I moved Cookie out sigh to let Viv in and will move Cherry to myself if can ent have her card for Dobie then ten plus wolf dog Kyle..From experience Vivian vs Skye all female wolves are snooty Skye is the only norm and a new for New Leaf do not move Skye..If you have all deer and Bams least I still would hesitate as Zell and Lopez are double smug and Erik and Beau lazy and Bam is a unique for deer males...option three save the new cards for a discount cart of amibo card incomes and more villagers that's what I would do but definitely have her visit to buy her handbag and mirror from her camper great purse for a girls home :). I feel you may regret losing the new norm fem wolf aka Skye she is a fresh air in a set of wolves with no uchi lazy jock or smug hence Kyle fits just cranky and snooty wolves if you have a non Skye fem wolf or another snooty I fear you may redrew Viv she says same as Whit and Freya in convo.

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinions guys, though it looks pretty split for what to do! Still I always appreciate when people take the time to listen to my nonsense!

I had a brain wave last night, that I could get the amiibo reader and 2 or 3 cheap but decent cards and just do the whole 'kick em out RV style' till I'm through the 16 villager cycle. This would still cost me a bit, but would be nowhere near as tough as a proper cycle (which I have done before... not pretty!) Obviously this would work best if I could get my hands on at least one of my dreamies in card form, but I'll have to see!

Does anyone have any links they can point me to that talk about 16 villager cycles and how they've changed with the Welcome Amiibo introduction?

And of course any more advice would be fab!

:lemon:

Alright guys I caved and bought an amiibo reader for half price, so much more likely to go ahead with adopting Vivian now.

Anymore advice from anyone else here?

:lemon:

I've had Vivian and I'm bored of her. I'm probably moving Annalise back in with her card and replacing Vivian. But give her a try!

I've had Vivian and I'm bored of her. I'm probably moving Annalise back in with her card and replacing Vivian. But give her a try!

Oh really? Is she just stock standard Snooty then? I've had Annalise too, she's gorg, and lives on my main street now, seriously underrated!

Is Vivian on your dream address? I'll have to check her out in a dream before I do anything too drastic anyway!

Oh really? Is she just stock standard Snooty then? I've had Annalise too, she's gorg, and lives on my main street now, seriously underrated!

Is Vivian on your dream address? I'll have to check her out in a dream before I do anything too drastic anyway!

Vivian is in my dream address. There's nothing wrong with her, I just find myself liking other snooties more like Annalise. She's always been the snooty I really love. But my friend loved Vivian when he visited and hung out a few weeks ago.

Vivian is in my dream address. There's nothing wrong with her, I just find myself liking other snooties more like Annalise. She's always been the snooty I really love. But my friend loved Vivian when he visited and hung out a few weeks ago.

Okay cool, I might visit when I get the chance. There are always villagers you like more than others for sure!

If you don't like Bam, then just move him out. I really like Vivian's design so I think she'd be cool to have.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still really like Bam, but out of the four deer I have he is the one I would miss least! I didn't make the decision lightly to move him in before either, because for me the jock personality is the most polarising.

Okay cool, I might visit when I get the chance. There are always villagers you like more than others for sure!

Oh don't get me wrong, I still really like Bam, but out of the four deer I have he is the one I would miss least! I didn't make the decision lightly to move him in before either, because for me the jock personality is the most polarising.

The jock personality is quite polarizing. That's why Poncho is the only jock for me! Seeing a little cub brag about his muscles is funny. He's no more muscular than Pudge or Marty XD

Back