• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Charm Versus Extravagance

Captain James

Bells
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Okay. I know Animal Crossing isn't the end all be all example for character development. Each villager has a fixed personality. But I thought we'd explore that a bit today.

When I say charm, I am primarily referring to normal villagers, such as Goldie. These villagers a calm and quiet, they aren't very show-offy. Goldie, as I mentioned earlier, enjoys books. The charm is the simplicity, the peacefulness of the plain. Many love these villagers because there is actually nothing not to love about them, except that they're too kind and too peaceful.

Then we move onto extravagance. These are your peppy villagers. Rosie is the ideal model for this type. She acts extravagantly, is very energetic, but is also easily upset. On the bright side, these over the top villagers are good at forgiving, especially to their friends. But they can get a bit... (James trying to think of a word) ... cocky. These villagers have big-heads. They are slightly vain. They clash with the peace of plain that many normal villagers base their whole lives around. The only reason not to like these villagers is because they can be unreliable, easily upset, and sometimes think only of themselves.

But what do you think, dear reader? Do you agree with the semi-philosophical garbage you just spent five minutes reading? Reply to share your thoughts.

I honestly love normals and peppies because they provide many physically appealing villagers. Personality wise, I miss the more harsh commentary provided by the Gamecube version. You won't see a villager call you an idiot in New Leaf. Appearance wise, I prefer normals in New Leaf. Personality wise, I prefer peppies because I like their dialogue in New Leaf more. Hope that answers the question.

Last edited:
appearance wise, i like both normaks and peppies.

personality wise, i most definitely prefer normals, as the peppies can get rather annoying.

Back