• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who may be in love with who? (Only main characters accounted)

GuerreraD

I'm proud to have been a Crystal Baller
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Wallopoid
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Please, this ONLY refers to special characters. Common villagers' conversations, visits and gifts are random and can happen in any way, so I don't consider they count.
Also, try to give some reason why you think A and B may be in love, ok? A chit-chat, a memory, a scene... anything at all! :)

My own example:
I think Redd may have a crush on Isabelle. Why? I thought so since my first fireworks. Isabelle told me Redd was "so kind" as to help her getting ready and even setting a stand. There's no trick in those flammable items, neither a huge profit to make. Then... why would he be there at all? ;)

well cyrus and reese are obviously in love lmao

i think mabel and tom nook might be in love, too, based on the conversations you could have with mabel in wild world once you became friends with her

In City Folk, Sonny Resetti seemingly had a crush on Celeste, and Celeste on Tom Nook...
Harvey has an interest in Harriet, unknown what she thinks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol Lottie x Digby. :p

Last edited:
To Harlequin: I thought it was Sable the one who had a backstory with Nook, not Mabel? :confused:

Also, CyrusxReese are canon, so not big mystery here :p

But Flare21, I didn't know about those! May you tell us further, please?! :eek:

Also, CyrusxReese are canon, so not big mystery here :p

But Flare21, I didn't know about those! May you tell us further, please?! :eek:

In HHD, its been very noticebly hinted that Lottie has a crush on Digby.

I ship Resetti and Tom Nook. Its a lot like Jom:cool:

The Sanrio sticker for Chelsea features Lottie in a pink bunny costume in front of a table with a Digby plush on it. This seems to further prove the obsession she has with him.

Last edited:
Copper and Pete! It sounds weird but in my game Copper always mentions Pete delivering mail and being excited to get an important package even when it's nowhere near mail times and one of my friends was like "he totally has a crush on him" and now I can't unsee it. I can't decide if it would be one-sided or not though since Pete likes Phyllis.

OMG, I absolutely thought the same! :D I like a lot that there's even the slightest hint to other romantic orientations in the game.

Sable and Tom Nook, obviously, except is Nook still in love with her? We know the most about their backstories, how they used to be super close, and then Nook left, and when he came back he wasn't interested...

In HHD she says that she knows he has a good singing voice and then she gets embarrassed!

Isabelle is in love with me because she loves power. She wants to be my first lady.

Sorry to say I didn't find it funny, Andyp08...

I also ship KicksxLabelle because of City Folk! :)

Back