• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help! Hybrid flowers no longer spawning.

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So when I started breeding flowers on the beach, I used to get an average of 3 a day. I would then stuff those into my secret storage. But since that became full of flowers, I started finally putting the hybrids around my town. Suddenly, no hybrids spawn at all. Is this because I have a bunch of hybrids around town now besides the ones I use for breeding on the beach? Should I put them all in storage again? I tried that once and I did start getting more hybrids again but I don't have enough room anymore so I had to put them out again. Is this just bad luck...?

When I started breeding hybrids I ran into the same problem you are facing. What I did was make sure flowers I did not want hybridized were blocked off from spawning any unwanted flowers. I achieved this by using patterns. By using this method the focus was on the hybrids and not random flowers growing throughout my town. I grew every one of my hybrids including dozens of blue roses by preventing anything else from growing.

When I started breeding hybrids I ran into the same problem you are facing. What I did was make sure flowers I did not want hybridized were blocked off from spawning any unwanted flowers. I achieved this by using patterns. By using this method the focus was on the hybrids and not random flowers growing throughout my town. I grew every one of my hybrids including dozens of blue roses by preventing anything else from growing.

I actually do have all my other flowers blocked off by patterns and they aren't in breeding formation (except for the ones on the beach) and still nothing. I tried removing almost all of my regular flowers and put them in storage to decrease the amount of flowers in town, and I'm still not getting any flowers :( Really don't know what the problem is.

I had problems with my Blue Roses. After about 15 blue roses it slowed down.
Picked up 3 Blue Roses and put them on a different part of the beach. The next day I found a new blue rose in the patch of three.
I than put 3 more sets of Blue Roses in different spots. Got blue roses in each 3 patch and in my large blue rose patch.

I made sure just to water the blue roses only. The rest of the flowers were not watered.

I put the flowers this way if I want to breed them:

sfs
faf
sfs

where f means flower;
s means empty space;
a means fertilizer.

If you put flowers like this, you'll get two new hybrids each day. I hope it'll works! Good luck. :blush:

I actually do have all my other flowers blocked off by patterns and they aren't in breeding formation (except for the ones on the beach) and still nothing. I tried removing almost all of my regular flowers and put them in storage to decrease the amount of flowers in town, and I'm still not getting any flowers :( Really don't know what the problem is.

Have you considered moving your breeding pairs to different locations throughout your town? For whatever reason I had better luck in certain areas than I did in others.

What flowers are specifically are you trying to breed? Do you water your hybrids everyday?

Last edited:
Have you considered moving your breeding pairs to different locations throughout your town? For whatever reason I had better luck in certain areas than I did in others.

What flowers are specifically are you trying to breed? Do you water your hybrids everyday?

No, I haven't moved them since I started breeding flowers. I have a pretty thin beach and so I don't have a lot of space unless I move them into the main town. I didn't have a problem before with where they were placed, though, so I never thought to transfer them. I'm trying to breed lots of different types: purple roses, tulips, pansies; blue roses, pansies, violets; orange pansies, roses, tulips; pink roses, cosmos, tulips. Yes, I do water all my breeding pairs before signing off for the night. I thought maybe I was trying to breed too many and tried to only water 6 pairs a night. It didn't work. Besides, the amount of flowers was never a problem before. I just noticed a change when I brought my flowers out of storage. But now that I've put most of them back in, flowers are still not spawning. I'll have to experiment with a few things to see what works. If nothing changes, I'll have to buy hybrids from people, which I reallllly don't want to do because I want to be able to say that I actually grew all the flowers in my town. We shall see later in the morning. Hopefully my luck has changed!

Some flowers don't breed well with others. Are you using the correct arrangements? I'd also restrict to watering the hybrids that you want to breed.

Last edited:
Some flowers don't breed well with others. Are you using the correct arrangements? I'd also restrict to watering the hybrids that you want to breed.

Yes, all my arrangements are correct. My breeding had been completely successful up until a few weeks ago. I'm using the same flowers I did back then. I only water my breeding pairs.

No, I haven't moved them since I started breeding flowers. I have a pretty thin beach and so I don't have a lot of space unless I move them into the main town. I didn't have a problem before with where they were placed, though, so I never thought to transfer them. I'm trying to breed lots of different types: purple roses, tulips, pansies; blue roses, pansies, violets; orange pansies, roses, tulips; pink roses, cosmos, tulips. Yes, I do water all my breeding pairs before signing off for the night. I thought maybe I was trying to breed too many and tried to only water 6 pairs a night. It didn't work. Besides, the amount of flowers was never a problem before. I just noticed a change when I brought my flowers out of storage. But now that I've put most of them back in, flowers are still not spawning. I'll have to experiment with a few things to see what works. If nothing changes, I'll have to buy hybrids from people, which I reallllly don't want to do because I want to be able to say that I actually grew all the flowers in my town. We shall see later in the morning. Hopefully my luck has changed!

When I was breeding flowers, I focused on one type of flower. When I reached the amount I needed for a specific project, I moved on to the next flower I wanted to breed. The type of flower you are trying to hybridize can give you a lot of grief such as the blue roses, purple pansies and blue violets. These take a GREAT deal of patience and determination.

I think that it might be a matter of luck? I've been facing the same problem lately, but it sometimes happens to me that I go through a certain gap of time during which I can't seem to grow any hybrids, or only one a day.

Back