• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Won't stop snowing?? Snow glitch?

Becca617

small-fry existentialist
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4748-2830-2698
New Leaf Token
Winter Mittens
Cake
Ok so I started a new town recently 2 days ago, on Christmas eve where its guaranteed to snow all day. I noticed that my town just will not stop snowing, and earlier I even time traveled a little bit, to the 29th, and I noticed that each day, it was still snowing. Each and everyday. That really bugs me because while snow is beautiful, I also want days that it isn't snowing. And these are all day snow storms that are occurring, not small short ones. I want to know if I have to restart my town or not so I'm not stuck in a precipitation all day loop, this has been making me really paranoid. I know that there is a sports fair event on new years day so I've been thinking that event could get me out of the glitch I'm pretty sure on days like those with events its supposed to be sunny. I don't think all of this snow is coincidental because this is everyday, all day, constant snow storms. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

This is for animal crossing GameCube.

That's very interesting that you are experiencing so many snow days in a row; I wouldn't be alarmed though. I would only be concerned if it kept doing it when even the snow melted off of the grass (it should be a very beautiful mint green color when it does :) ). Another thing to keep in mind is that you could be in a part of the game where it is supposed to snow everyday since there actually is a time period during the summer on the Gamecube Animal Crossing that it rains many days in a row (it's the rainy season). If you want to be absolute certain that this is not a bug, return to Christmas Eve (TT'ing) and let time progress as normal. I hope this helps!

P.S.
Since it is snowing so much in your town, I highly recommend fishing in the ocean for the elusive, 15k bell Coelacanth! ;)

Last edited:
This happened to me for a while. I have a town I don't Time Travel in, and it stopped for me by New Year's Day for certain. I remember that it snowed nonstop for a few days and it drove me nuts wondering when it was going to stop.

The bulletin board in my town did say something about a massive cold front coming through the week before Christmas. If you got that message, I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed that much.

Last edited:
Back