• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any of you just have a natural town?

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
One that's not landscaped will lots of patterns.

One where it's just the grass, flowers, trees, bushes, river, pond(s), and beaches. I mean we are suppose to be living in the forest with the animals.

I not knocking those who do landscape their town. I actually just have simple brick paths connecting all the homes, town hall, The Roost, Re-tail etc.

I've also visited a lot of people's towns on here via Dream Suite and a lot of you are very talented and your towns are beautiful with your patterns! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I have zero patterns in my town and all dirt paths if you want to take a look!

I have zero patterns in my town and all dirt paths if you want to take a look!

All dirt paths? How did you accomplish that? I've been running on the same paths for almost a year and it's barely even started!

Previously I had some single-tile paths setup but I wasn't really feeling it so I removed them all. It had the nice benefit though of helping me landscape my town otherwise with trees, bushes, flowers and mushrooms so that the "path" was maintained. I like it better this way, but I'm hoping future AC games will have a built in path feature. I'm a sucker for custom clothes & signs so it'd be really good to be able to path it up without using all my pattern slots!

Nope. Can't do natural towns. Somehow its not in my blood. And I prefer towns with paths than without.

All dirt paths? How did you accomplish that? I've been running on the same paths for almost a year and it's barely even started!

Previously I had some single-tile paths setup but I wasn't really feeling it so I removed them all. It had the nice benefit though of helping me landscape my town otherwise with trees, bushes, flowers and mushrooms so that the "path" was maintained. I like it better this way, but I'm hoping future AC games will have a built in path feature. I'm a sucker for custom clothes & signs so it'd be really good to be able to path it up without using all my pattern slots!

Do you TT? I basically established my paths early on and then just ran them everyday with all my characters and TT'd a lot, repeating the process. Unfortunately, all my efforts are now lost with the snow :p I don't really maintain them during the winter months because of the snowfall.

Last edited:
I don't have dirt paths but I did in my previous town. I achieved them by doing what dizzy said. My town doesn't have pattern paths but I do have paths. They're outlined with trees and bushes to make them look defined. I use clovers to make them look less plain. Of course since it's winter right now my town looks like garbage but here's some pics of my path:
HNI_0030.JPG
HNI_0031.JPG

Eventually I'll probably make dirt paths again but I haven't had the time lately to dedicate to that.
Pics of my old town's path:
HNI_0035.JPG
HNI_0034.JPG

I don't really care for making my town look super fancy. I could never put in the effort to have a perfect town. I have a path set down but that's about it.

I don't have dirt paths but I did in my previous town. I achieved them by doing what dizzy said. My town doesn't have pattern paths but I do have paths. They're outlined with trees and bushes to make them look defined. I use clovers to make them look less plain. Of course since it's winter right now my town looks like garbage but here's some pics of my path:

Eventually I'll probably make dirt paths again but I haven't had the time lately to dedicate to that.
Pics of my old town's path:

Your dirt paths look lovely!! Ever since I started doing dirt paths in this town I've been a little obsessed with them. I agree, winter makes my town look like garbage too :(. I can't wait until spring.

I love natural looking towns as well! Mine need work, tbh.

I have three towns that have a lot of paths then I'm planning two more natural foresty towns, though they will probably have some paths, just not consistent tiles laid down. These are a some shots of my towns with paths:
Lucky comes to visit (1).JPG
Scenery nr.jpg
Patty.jpg
Unfortunately I just started the two towns I'm going to keep more natural looking, so they are basically completely natural right now cause I haven't started organizing them yet.

My third town Moonview is going to be one, I guess.

I originally started out as one, and I guess it's continued to be one, except for the fact I now have pattern paths. Plans kind of got ruined when many of my favorite villagers decided to up and leave without telling me, so I kind of just go with the flow now. xD;

I plan to have no patterns in my town. However, right now it's loaded with them to ensure new villagers don't plot themselves in certain locations.

my new town is going to be natural. i hope it goes to plan & if it does it looks nicer than using designs in my opinion

I was originally going for a modern theme with modern-looking paths in my town but now I'm going with a natural town and no paths at all since it would take me ages to do the modern theme. It really bothers me how the town in New Leaf is a clifftop and not a forest. If only I had a natural dirt path going across my town (right now it's covered in snow and making dirt paths takes forever). The only things I have in my town that look modern are the Modern Police Station (built when I was going for a modern theme), The Roost (I need it anyways, still under construction), a park clock and a park light (both of which I can easily remove).

I put little to no actual landscaping into my towns design. It's full of flowers and peachy brick pathways. I'm starting to want to head a different direction with it but for right now it's working for me

Back