• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you make money?

ccee633

Bells
Small Mailbox
Greetings fellow moneymakers!

snidely-whiplash_6902.jpg

What is your money making scheme to get mad bells? Personally I use the after 7 island trick.
(This place is great if you are new and wanna become rich.)
If you don't know how to use it, here is a handy-dandy guide copy and pasted from:

http://www.victoryroad.net/showpost.php?p=282634&postcount=229

Here's my little guide on beetle farming.

To optimize your island:
Remove all deciduous trees from the center of the island to prevent fruit beetles from spawning.
Trample the flowers to prevent butterflies from spawning, which must be captured to remove.
Remove the hibiscus bushes.

Remove the palm trees facing the southern beach.
Gradually cover the sand in shells to prevent hermit crabs from spawning. To make it easier, sell conches (the blue ones) to Leila so you'll always know that most conches are hermit crabs until you finish.

Once you have finished the first four, you can run around the beach and slowly approach the palm trees from the front of the island. The skittish beetles are far less likely to flee if you approach them from behind. They have a great cone of vision to their sides.

Advice based on beetle type:
For goliath beetles (the large red ones) and cyclommatus stags (the ones that have huge mandibles), you don't even need to creep up on them. Just walk up behind and snag them.
For atlases (the large black ones) and horned elephants (the large gold ones), you will need to creep (hold A). Swing your net when you are 1? spaces behind the tree.
For golden stags (the small gold/black ones) and horned Hercules (the large gold/black ones), you will need to creep and barely tilt the circle pad. These two are very skittish, so you will need to swing your net at the earliest possible moment at which you can catch them.

I usually use the lines in the sand to determine when to swing, usually when approaching the second line in front of a given tree.
Bring your fishing rod around at all times. If you see a fin, catch it. Sharks are worth as much as the beetles.
Scare off anything that isn't a palm tree beetle or a shark. You can try to catch long fish, but be prepared to throw back a lot of sea bass.

Beetles can only spawn off-screen, so run to the far edge of the island.
If your inventory fills up, drop your fishing rod (or net if you just caught a shark) and dump everything in the box immediately.
I typically put my threshold at 6,000 bells. Anything worth less than that doesn't come home with me.

So anyways, post the ways you make money here! Have fun and Merry christmas!

I breed hybrids and sell them to people, sell fortune cookie items, sell fossils at re-tail, and sell perfect fruit. c:

The island trick is nice, but after too many farming sessions I started seeking more. Earning 250-300k per trip just was too time consuming. I was doing it on the bus... basically anywhere with downtime, but it's just so slow compared to alternative means!

Now I just use the stalk market. Without fail I've always found someone online to open their gates who's village is buying for 450+ per turnip. Some people are nice enough that they keep TT'ing to keep the same price for quite a long time. The last time I bought my turnips at 6:30AM and had sold them off for 550 per turnip within 20 minutes... There's a LOT of resources online to find people! TBT being an amazing one, top of the list!
You need roughly 2 million to fill your bags+storage locker full of turnips. That flips into 9 million~ or so. It's even easier to do this now because you can just shove all your items normally in your storage locker into your home's secret storage box.

Last edited:
I prefer fishing even though island bug hunting makes more profit in a smaller amount of time. I have gotten lucky and caught tons of sharks in a night. Fishing is more relaxing and fun for me.

I used to catch beetles every night but it's been a long time since I've done it seriously. I'm very picky though, I only catch those worth 8000 or upwards, anything lower feels like a wasted inventory slot. If I'm bored and feel like I still want to play AC that evening then I'll maybe catch one pocketful, but it's no where near as much as I used to farm a couple years ago.

I only recently starting dabbling in the stalk market and I prefer it, it's like the laziest way to earn bells, provided you can find someone with good turnip prices. The past couple of weeks I haven't bought any though. I don't always get a chance to load up the game before 12pm and I really hate time travelling back for turnips because I can't readjust my clock until they're sold, and that is usually days later.

Apples.jpg

Selling baskets of perfect fruit to other town's is worthwhile!
This nice guy named Fitolink Gave me these apples. However I will only sell 1 apple, gonna plant the others. :)

Trading online and the stalk market.
I hit the 100mil mark in like a year doing that lol though these days trading isn't as good imo since not many ppl play compared to 2-3 years ago

I have fully upgraded my house long ago and don't consistently make PWP's anymore, so I just make money by doing the little things, like selling fossils, getting the money rock, and just selling junk. I cleaned up my storage a bit and found 700,000 bells just lying around. I don't go bug hunting that much anymore.

I go to the island after seven, but you mentioned so many things I didn't even know! I haven't tried the stalk market, but I think I could manage selling bush starts and hybrids.

Used to do island farming but I found myself starting to really hate my time with the game during these, so I turned to turnips. Never looked back.

Making and selling custom flags, and running into super kind hackers on the island

shark and beetle farming was my main source of income before i got into trading lol

Back