Dreams of The Switch

Captain James

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Because I'm a total loser with too much time, I thought I'd put all my ideas for a new Animal Crossing game if one were to come out on the newly announced Nintendo Switch. Feel free to post any of your own ideas too.

So my first idea isn't really an idea, but more of a suggestion. You want it, I want it, I'm pretty sure every Animal Crossing player wants it. We want bigger maps. So what I'm going off here is HHD, where there was a giant map. Now imagine if that was all connected. Villagers would no longer just have houses, they could have whole plots for their own decorations. Speaking of which, more villagers! So some people want to place villagers houses, but I think instead you should be able to set your own villager limit. I mean, haven't you always just wanted 6 villagers in your town? It would feel so huge! New Leaf is great, but it's so small. It's cramped. So ya.

Idea #1

I like your idea for a bigger house like in HHD. I think part of the reason that series came out was to test ideas and see if the community liked them. I also would like Villagers to come with careers; and it appears they are starting to implement that (at least in appearance) with the last major update. The Villagers could have a shop or restaurant on the first floor, and an apartment on the second floor. Some of them could even work for public buildings such as schools or hospitals.

In order to keep it from becoming chaotic, the player should have the ability to create Districts. For example you could designate a District for 'Agriculture' and that will attract Villagers with farming related items.

I have been thinking about villagers opening their own shops. And that brings us to my next idea.

Both the player and villagers should be able to open their own shops. I imagine Tom Nook would help you pick a location and exterior for your shop. Then you can order certain items from the train station for your shop. You could also create custom furniture and clothes by having Gracie and Sable teach you. As well, you can hire villagers to work at your store. They can go to the train station to pick up furniture, restock your store, and run it during business hours. As well, if you were to open a restaurant, you could create a changing furniture tile, so whenever you walked in the building, the piece of furniture would be something random chosen by you! It will just add to realism.

Idea #2

Definitely more customization (like combining HHD with NL), and more variety/diversity with villager dialogue. I understand that Nintendo can't possibly give each and every villager their own unique character/personality (though I can dream), but I'd like some conversations to be a little different each time (more random). Just makes thing a little more "realistic", and makes me forget I'm talking to a bunch of pixels on a screen. :lemon:

Also, I feel like in NL, there's not enough we can do as Mayor; I'd like to be able to start different businesses, or at least have more PWP's outside. More pattern slots would be nice, instead of having to create extra characters for that (and having their houses take up valuable space).

And the map in my GC town just feels giant compared to later versions. I actually got lost in it! So bigger towns for sure. And more spaces for villagers. 10 just doesn't feel like enough, especially after the update and all the new cards and such.

That's all I've got right now, but it's a subject I think about often.

Last edited:
For a new game a larger selection of things to plant would be amazing! In wild world you could plant turnips, so why not bring that back? along with other things like potatos and beets, stuff like that. Also fruit bushes, I mean, we have flower bushes that change appearance each seasons, so bushes that grew berries depending on the season would be great as well :D

Also, each flower being available in each color, because each flower could be blue, purple, etc. (the colors exist in real life so idk why they only did it with roses :/)

Also, possibly the ability to cook food? The ingredients exist in game (butter, vinegar, sugar, flour, milk) and kitchen furniture could be put to a larger use that way :]

Last edited:
Thank you so much Darius-The-Fox for leading us into our next idea. Cooking.

You could cook food with all the fruits, maybe some new ones, maybe we'll be able to plant vegetables, and you can buy ingredients from...... Wendell I guess. Maybe he'll open a supermarket.

But with cooking comes eating! You can now eat food which can slightly increase your luck depending on what food you eat! Maybe certain days you'll get a bit of a luck increase by eating certain food. Maybe certain villagers have special recipes, maybe after befriending Brewster you can actually make coffee. The possibilities are endless!

Speaking of making coffee, they could put a use to those coffee beans brewster gives us :3

More dialogue variety!! And ability to decide where houses goes. My only 2 wishes <3

Yep! If we can customize our houses, and some parts of our towns, we should be able to customize where out villagers move in, so we can choose where they plot their house. Also, more different types of conversations for the different types of villager personalities.

In general, do you think we as a community would be open to a deeper level of simulation? I personally would some more mayoral powers (or even a higher level of government). I am not suggesting something so detailed that we are placing pipes and electric lines, but something closer to how towns work in real life.

Things I want:

• More PWP's
  • Like HHD, front garden's being a thing in the game where you can customize your own as well as villagers having a set one.
  • Like a mini-job where you work for Nook Homes and design a villagers home in your town.
  • Ceiling furniture, more house exterior customization, and DOORS IN YOUR HOUSE

Thank you for leading us into our next idea!

So in New Leaf you can participate in a small mini game making coffee for Brewster. But what if you could do more random mini games as jobs?

Maybe there could be a paper sorting mini game similar to Papers Please for Isabelle. At a restaurant you could cook food or serve patrons. You could help Pete deliver the mail. You could go on a fishing trip with Kapp'n. Like in HHD, you could design houses and yards. Maybe you could help Cyrus do some refurbishing. You could help the Able sisters sew. Maybe Leif needs some help gardening! Or, maybe, if a library was added to the game, you could help sort books! You could help Resetti dig tunnels. Maybe you could play a fashion game with Gracie. Maybe they'll bring back those quests from the original AC where you need to find certain villagers who will lead you to other villagers! Or maybe you could be a detective! The possibilities are near infinite! Or so finite it would take ages to count.

I went to a public garden today, and it gave me new ideas for PWPs.

Botanical Garden/Public Parks- Perhaps as an upgrade to the bench projects
Picnic Place- Benches where Villagers can have picnics in the Summer
Beach Spot- Adds pool chairs and maybe a concession stand to the beach
Swimming Hole/Skate Rink- As some of the Villagers are semi-aquatic, I am not sure if they would like chlorine pools
Community Theater- A place where acting related characters such as Kabuki can hold performances

A theatre would be a pretty good idea! And that leads me into my next idea! D?j? vu

An overhaul of performing as well as the televisions and music players is highly demanded. A neat feature would be other villagers being able to sing songs and have records of their music. We got a taste of this in HHD where villagers could give live performances, but it's not the same as actually getting a record. Maybe we could finally have some public domain music sung by villagers as well. Imagine Isabelle singing Jingle Bells.

And on the topic of the televisions and music players, I have some ideas for those to. What if there was a radio station that you could listen to that would have an announcer and would play random music? Maybe that would be a PWP, a radio tower, and one of your villagers could listen in. Maybe if you were friends with somebody they could tune into your radio station and here what is playing!
As for TV, maybe a recording studio and broadcast tower! The amiibo camera gave us the means to create sort of mini movies with our villagers, so why can't we do that for the TVs? Imagine flipping on the TV and seeing Rosie finally becoming a movie star!

I just think the electronics need an overhaul. Although I do have some ideas for the kitchen and laundry items.

Not sure if I'm going to buy a Switch at this point and, even if I do, I'm not sure if I'll buy Animal Crossing on it. New Leaf is really good. They will have to upgrade a lot to make me feel like it's worth it.

That being said, here's the things I'd want the most. Nintendo already fixed some of my issues with the update, but there's still things I want:

- even more customization. You can't go wrong with this, really. HHD added some good customization options, some of which didn't make it into New Leaf even post-update. Mainly, I want to put furniture outside (PWPs was a good start, but not enough), I want MANY MORE QR/art slots, I want rotatable art/paths, I want to put things on the ceiling, and I'd really like to be able to customize more of the town itself.
- more interaction with special character NPCs, not just on their particular holidays.
- a bigger map with a much higher villager cap. With hundreds of possible villagers, 10 is simply such a tiny amount.
- infinite inventory. The new secret storage room is, frankly, still not even close to enough. They made so many non-reorderable items, which encourages us to hoard, but we don't have room for it all.
- make grass wear optional

I do agree about more customization. Personally, I think we should have more furniture customizations. I think that with every wooden piece of furniture, you can change the wood color. And for some of the tables, I think you should have the option to entirely remove the cloth from the table. For the LED display that you can hang on your wall, I think we should be able to put in multiple designs. I also think we should have more custom pattern options, but that's just me.

Mini Idea

I feel like HHD and NL should cross over, for example, you could work for HHD in the new AC game? More areas leading from your housing area, like the main town area, could have one for a fashion area, another for a job district, then food and resteraunts etc. It would be cool if you could decide where your villagers would move into your town using the map system from HHD. Personally I'd love to be able to start a gardening vocation in game where villagers hire you to revonate their gardens. You could have more than one character, have a deputy mayor kind of thing, like Isabelle but with in game restricted Mayor capabilities. You could also hire villagers to run your businesses for you so you don't have to bother with them everyday if you didn't feel like it. Ahh the posibilities are endless!

Back