• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Coming out stories

I told my parents that I never want to get married and that all I need in my life is a dog (asexual btw). I'm guessing that they are fine with it since they have never really commented on how I've never been in a romantic relationship. I think that they are just happy that I'm focusing on my education rather than on some guy.

Last edited:
Well let's see, all my friends know I'm asexual and my family think I'm gay because being feminine = gay. lmao

If I came out as asexual nobody in my family would give a damn, My mum always goes to LGBT+ Pride events, she has a lot of bi/homosexual friends so nothing would change between her and I, My Nanny is crazy and literally accepts everybody no matter what, my aunts are huge supporters of the LGBT+ community, My uncle is like me (we're feminine but have no sexual interest, at least I don't anyway, he keeps giving of hints and hasn't shown any interest), one of my cousins doesn't care about someone's sexual interest so there's no problems there, I haven't really discussed sexuality with my other cousins and I don't plan to because they probably don't care either. XD

My family are really accepting people and I'm grateful for that. <3 (Even though I dislike a few of them, it's nice to know their open-minded)

I'm not sure what I am exactly and even if I did, at this point in my life there's no point. I know I'm not entirely straight but I don't think I'd call myself bi or pan or not. I find myself more attracted to women or anything feminine in general(Not a lot of guys I can say I see that way). Plus I can act pretty feminine when I'm around friends so onlookers might assume I'm gay to begin with.

Makes me a bit down reading some people's bad experiences, and I can imagine how anxiety-inducing the whole thing must have been. Some people just can't put themselves in someone's shoes even for a moment, and only hear things that they disagree with (and how it might impact THEM and their life alone). But such a thing might be a big deal for some families...

As for me, I've got no story really (considering that I went through many periods when I was younger where I was sure I was one thing, but I wasn't). Despite all the research I did, dating just never appealed to me, so that led me to look into things some more a couple of years back, and I discovered asexuality was a thing.

Only my parents know such things, and the rest of my family don't need to. Most wouldn't really be impacted, but it's not something that needs discussing. No one's got "great expectations" for me, and we all just live our own lives for the most part.
Some of my family's friends assumes I'll settle down one day, but little do they know...:cool:

Though I know older folks aren't always trying to be hurtful; they grew up/lived in different times, so there is definitely a generational gap there, but since these people are practically family, there's no problem really.

As for my parents, my mom's such an open-minded, loving woman, and my dad just doesn't care either way (we don't really talk about more "serious topics, but we get along great, considering we're on the more quiet side), so I'm in a good place :lemon:

Last edited:
[video]http://tinytu.be/w/pLJTfLumkGw[/video]

(btw i'm joking, hope i didnt offend anyone)

Last edited:
Oh buddy my coming out went actually pretty okay. My friend came out as gay to me and my other friends. He asked me if I was gay and I was like 'yeah I guess'. And that's the story. Anyways I haven't told my parents yet but I just don't really feel like making a big thing out of it. Also I know they don't really care.

Idgaf what people think. My life is my life. I'm 90% homosexual. I think everyone knows that.

I'm certain my parents know I'm not straight, they don't know for sure if I'm gay, bi or asexual, though (I'm biromantic right now I think??)

They are like "ok honey you can do what you want but we don't like the idea"

I despise the concept of coming out so in case I get a boyfriend/girlfriend I will just tell them??? My dad is homophobic as **** but who cares ?\_(ツ)_/?

I was in the closet. I started something online with someone I met on a site for gaming honestly. Anyway he was cool and from Jersey and I'm assuming was decently well off so he'd come visit sometimes on weekends. Well one winter on the way to the airport my car broke down. I was 19 at the time and my go to was always to call my mom, so I called AAA and then my mom because I just kinda knew I had to. It ended up snowing that weekend. He and I took the metro around to places but on the way back to the airport she reluctantly drove us there so he could go home. Later on like a week later she came down to where I went to school and we had breakfast and I finally said it isn't a phase. The end that's all!

I'm certain my parents know I'm not straight, they don't know for sure if I'm gay, bi or asexual, though (I'm biromantic right now I think??)

They are like "ok honey you can do what you want but we don't like the idea"

I despise the concept of coming out so in case I get a boyfriend/girlfriend I will just tell them??? My dad is homophobic as **** but who cares ?\_(ツ)_/?

Out of curiosity, what is Biromantic? Never heard of that. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I'm just curious, honestly.

Out of curiosity, what is Biromantic? Never heard of that. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I'm just curious, honestly.

If i'm not wrong, biromantic is someone who's attracted to both genders without necessary feeling a sexual attraction

i don't have a spectular or touching story or anything. I was literally just like "mom, dad, i'm bi" and they were just like "okay cool, what do you want for dinner?"

Never came out like others did. It was like *shrug*, I'm gay.

Mine is sort of weird, because it started out as a joke that I was gay in middle school because I cut my hair short.
Later on it ended up me actually being gay and being chill about it. It's whatever now, I don't think anyone at my school cares about the stigma of being all out and open with anyone anymore.

I had no idea there were so many queers on this website. (I use the term affectionately, of course.) 1f3f3-1f308.png

I came out almost 8 years ago, I was 19. Coming out to my parents was perhaps the most terrifying thing I've ever had to do, and it was really tough for me for a long time. I feel my family has grown so much though (and I have too) and today I feel they accept me for who I am. That's been a journey, but I'm very grateful for my story and experiences.

coming out to my mom was a disaster but with my friends i tend to accidentally out myself bc i cant resist making a joke about how gay i am

Back