• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sticky Villagers

Wrath Reign

Puddly Puddles
Bells
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Okay, so. I have this villager. It's Chops. He likes R. O. P. (my town) a lot. And when I say a lot, I do mean a lot. When I accidentally talk to him, he praises it. He plants flowers all the time. He told my friend that he wanted to fill R. O. P. with flowers (I have a TON of flowers in my town because I love flowers.) and all. He loves to sit on the stumps I leave around town. He loves to water my flowers.

I have been trying to get rid of him for a long time, and he keeps doing these things and it almost makes me not want to get rid of him.

But anyway, I was walking by him as I'm doing a method to get villagers to move out, targeting him. He pings me, and I'm thinking, "Oh, finally! I've got him this time!"

He tells me he's going to move out, so I take screenshots of joy. I tell him "OK, thanks."

What does he say back? Something along the lines of he thought we were better friends than that, and he expected me to ask him to stay. So he said he was going to stay and make sure we become better friends.

Update on Chops-The-Sticky:

I was working on moving in a villager someone requested from my Amiibo Card shop, and Chops pings me. Now, I've been talking to Chops and stuff again because I put moving him out on hold now. Then... Well... He asks to move out. I just sort of sigh and tell him yes because I promised someone I'd have my villager moved at as soon as possible so I could get my villager from them...

He gives me. The same. Speech.

He told me that he didn't think we were good enough friends so he was going to stay longer!

... Chops might become a permanent resident against my will.

This all just happened and I'm so conflicted now.

Does anyone else have villagers this persistent in staying? Or any villagers you really didn't like that accidentally grew on you?

Last edited:
In New Leaf, two villagers come to mind:

Jeremiah: He never pings me to move out, EVER (well, he did once but that was before Toy Day). I want him to move out so I can get a better lazy villager such as Bob or Alfonso (was originally going to get Punchy but I already have him in my GCN town plus I'd really miss Alfonso if he would never appear in my New Leaf town). I blame Mott for him never pinging to move out since Mott lives right behind my house and ALWAYS pings me, making it impossible for other villagers to ping me unless they wait like 10 minutes.

Beardo: I'm sorry but the sideburns he has really throw me off, not to mention I already have another bear villager. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. Only problem is that he never pings to move out.

In the GCN game, there is one villager in my first town who would never move out. Her name is Penny. She's a creepy mouse villager who has been there ever since Bluebear moved out (which was a long time ago). I just want her to move already. Heck, I barely even talk to her because I can never find her.

I had a similar experience with Boone. When he first moved in I was pretty peeved because I already had Peewee in my town at the time, so I didn't want another gorilla. He pinged to move once and my initial reaction was "great, finally!" but of course he changed his mind. I tried my best to ignore him afterwards in the hopes that he'd move but everytime he pinged it was about something else, and over time I started to find him very cute. I began to like his design a lot, his face in particular really grew on me, and his personality was rather adorable. I was unfamiliar with jocks at the time so he felt refreshing to talk to every now and then.

Then one day he said he was moving away and I felt conflicted, but eventually I let him go. I felt bad about it at the time and I've yet to see him show up in my main street, but I'm glad I was able to move him out. I still like him though.

In New Leaf, two villagers come to mind:

Jeremiah: He never pings me to move out, EVER (well, he did once but that was before Toy Day). I want him to move out so I can get a better lazy villager such as Bob or Alfonso (was originally going to get Punchy but I already have him in my GCN town plus I'd really miss Alfonso if he would never appear in my New Leaf town). I blame Mott for him never pinging to move out since Mott lives right behind my house and ALWAYS pings me, making it impossible for other villagers to ping me unless they wait like 10 minutes.

Beardo: I'm sorry but the sideburns he has really throw me off, not to mention I already have another bear villager. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. Only problem is that he never pings to move out.

In the GCN game, there is one villager in my first town who would never move out. Her name is Penny. She's a creepy mouse villager who has been there ever since Bluebear moved out (which was a long time ago). I just want her to move already. Heck, I barely even talk to her because I can never find her.

I think I had Penny back in one of my old games! Ugh. Villagers do NOT like to move unless you love them. >_<

If you quit the game without saving he'll still move out.

Wait, Really? Aw, man! I wish I had seen this before I went to sleep last night!

I had a similar experience with Boone. When he first moved in I was pretty peeved because I already had Peewee in my town at the time, so I didn't want another gorilla. He pinged to move once and my initial reaction was "great, finally!" but of course he changed his mind. I tried my best to ignore him afterwards in the hopes that he'd move but everytime he pinged it was about something else, and over time I started to find him very cute. I began to like his design a lot, his face in particular really grew on me, and his personality was rather adorable. I was unfamiliar with jocks at the time so he felt refreshing to talk to every now and then.

Then one day he said he was moving away and I felt conflicted, but eventually I let him go. I felt bad about it at the time and I've yet to see him show up in my main street, but I'm glad I was able to move him out. I still like him though.

See, I had Truffles back when I got Chops! And poor Truffles moved out during a time I didn't play the game. ;_; I'm starting to like chops but I really want my dream villagers ugh. And it was already hard to say goodbye to my other villagers, and so I was gonna move him out first. Now I guess I'll get rid of him last, rip.

francine sort of grew on me. she was a voided villager i accidentally got from someone else's town, so i wasn't too happy about her to begin with. but she was in a pretty decent spot, and whenever i did favours for her, she would give me an item that i needed to get a 100% completed catalog. ultimately, she wasn't too bad, but i still let her go in the end.

Peanut acts like described in the first post with the difference that she never pinged for moving out requests
but I like her so it's not a problem ^^

Last edited:
This hasn't happened in New Leaf because I've chosen the villagers I want with the amiibo cards. In GC version however, this happened a few times. I was using the train-blank memory trick to move out a few unwanted villagers from the game in search of ones I really wanted when I came across Poncho. I didn't really want him in my neighborhood, but he just wouldn't leave and eventually he grew on me to the point where I would reset if he ever said that he's moving out.

Amelia is another one. I never liked the snooty villagers in the GC version prior to her. Sometimes the very first thing one would say to me when they move in is some crude remark about the town song being so annoying?so I would end up hitting them all the time with my net. Amelia never insulted me, which is really odd as all other snooty villagers I've had were really nasty at some point or another. When she moved out after not playing for a while, I was pretty sad.

Also, I guess the pigs are tough to get rid of if you don't like them. lol I did the moving trick so many times to get rid of Hugh and he just won't budge. He's still in my town last I checked.

Last edited:
So far I haven't kicked chops out. I've kicked out every one else who I didn't care about for Amiibo card stuff, but I can't bring myself to get rid of chops yet.

That's kinda-sorta what I'm thinking.

Update on Chops-The-Sticky:

I was working on moving in a villager someone requested from my Amiibo Card shop, and Chops pings me. Now, I've been talking to Chops and stuff again because I put moving him out on hold now. Then... Well... He asks to move out. I just sort of sigh and tell him yes because I promised someone I'd have my villager moved at as soon as possible so I could get my villager from them...

He gives me. The same. Speech.

He told me that he didn't think we were good enough friends so he was going to stay longer!

... Chops might become a permanent resident against my will.

Last edited:
Just don't talk to him again when he agrees to move until he's in boxes and it's safe to do so. Or when he refuses to leave, turn your DS off and it'll be like the conversation never happened and Chops will never have cancelled the move. He's hideous...

Id this happens again, just turn off the game without saving and have him ping you again. Whether villagers change their mind on you or not is random. That's how I got rid of half the villagers I didn't want.

Chops is gone because I did just that. I almost kind of miss him, but he's move into my girlfriend's town anyway so i guess it doesn't matter xD

I restarted my town at least 3 times
And in each one Paula would somehow end up in those towns. She just would & I would wanna throw her house into the sea.
In my current town, she asked one of my side characters if she should move. I said YES PLS & she said that she would. I was soooooo happy
But as soon as I went back onto my main, she said that my side character convinced her to not move. I just??? she lied to me

If you quit the game without saving he'll still move out.

That method always worked for me. However, after the update, it just wasn't working. The villager was Croque. It happened three times. I made sure each time that I wrote down the date he was moving, and carefully read the dialog with him saying he was gonna stay after all, quite without saving. All three times, he was not in boxes on moving day, and seemed to have no intention of moving. I got so frustrated, that I moved him out with an amiibo.

Back