What 2017 releases are you excited for?

1. Splatoon 2
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Stardew Valley (Switch)
5. Yooka-Laylee

Persona 5!!!! Been waiting so freakin long.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 remaster (I only played part of the original on PS2)

Curious about the Switch...wont buy on launch cos no way to that $300 price but lets talk black friday

Mario Kart 8 Switch (again, if I get a black friday switch)

Thats all I can think of right now...other wise I have a big backlog of games to buy since I just got my ps4 last summer..

i love me some mario kart, so i'm quite looking forward to mario kart deluxe. new characters, tracks, karts, and battle mode? count me. hopefully i can get my hands on a switch. splatoon 2 also sounds like fun and i'm sure there are some others that i'm forgetting.

there's another interesting game that i've seen called agony, a really psychological horror kind of adventure through hell, i think. games that mess with your head like that are fascinating to me.

only two games I can think of

1. Resident Evil 7 ( mainly because it allows me and my bro to have some quality time together seeing how we beaten all past resident evils together. so why not keep the tradition going. )

2. Ghost Recon

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch, I honestly had no plans to buy one before it was announced but Nintendo has become a vacuum on my money once more by releasing that trailer that caused my jaw to drop again. I mean, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has everything that Mario Kart 8 did not have, it succeeded where the original failed. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the original but I really didn't like the mundane battle mode or the lack of variety in the roster (Too much babies and metal).

Last edited:
Definitely The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. The fact that they added voice acting makes me weep.

I was hyped for Resident Evil 7, but I'm disappointed with the ending. PSVR made me motion sick, I nearly, pardon my French, pooed myself and now I'm also flat broke.

Last edited:
The game I'm the most excited for is Mario Odyssey! We haven't seen a real 3D Mario game like this since Sunshine, 15 years ago. I'm also excited for Yooka-Laylee. This game is developped by the same team who made most of my favorite childhood games (Rareware)... It's gonna be a great year!

I'm mostly excited about Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
others I'm really excited about are Splatoon 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Yooka-Laylee and Super Bomberman R

Mass Effect Andromeda, mostly

Also the PS4 versions of KH 1.5 and 2.5. I'll finally be able to have all my Kingdom Hearts games on one console.

I think for me, so far, i'm looking forward to The Legend of Zelda - Breath of The Wild and Harvest Moon Skytree Village. Especialy Breath of The Wild. I can't wait to explore that huge map!

I'm really excited for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. I wouldn't think twice of getting them on the first day or week of release (assuming I have a Switch). Also keeping an eye on Super Bomberman R and Yooka-Laylee

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.

I don't have a PS4 or PS Vita, and I don't use Steam because I tend to buy cheap throwaway laptops, and Steam limits how many times you can re-download a game to a new computer... Meaning eventually, I wouldn't be able to play the games I paid for anymore. However, since they're remaking Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and adding voice acting, and alongside it, releasing Virtue's Last Reward as a bonus... Hopefully there'll be some new fans to get into it, and it'll perk up the fandom.

As for me, I'll either have to wait for a Steam sale decent enough to proclaim me re-purchasing a temporary and new port for two games I've already played, or, watch someone on Youtube play it so I can hear the new voice-acting for Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Zelda BoTW, Mario Odysee, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, Project Sonic 2017, Oddworld: Soulstorm, MK8 Deluxe, Xenoblade 2...
Pretty much everything that has been announced for the Switch, other than some of the JRPGs, Fifa, and that Basketball game XD

I just found out about Dauntless and notified my friends of it, we're all pretty curious to see how it develops. Three of us were avid Monster Hunter fans but since we've all mostly pulled away from console gaming and switched to PC, it's been a while since we've enjoyed a MH title together. Dauntless looks pretty fantastic though, the mechanics appear to be very similar, it really does capture the essence of MH, but is much more accessible for my friends since they do not have a 3DS. It's slated for a 2017 release but the beta is expected to be in the autumn, so who knows what sort of release date it will have in the end. Either way, I'm heavily intrigued by it over all. Five of us have signed up for the beta, so that's something else to look forward to this year.

Back