• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are your earliest memories on Animal Crossing?

Mine is when I first discovered Animal Crossing, and that was in City Folk. I lived in a town called Canada ( Where I live ) and I remember talking a lot to Pippy... She was in my first ever town and we got along really well! So much nostalgia...

Loving Purrl.. My we were the best of friends... I also remember Static being sick but that was a long time after me and Purrl were besties... and finally what ended my City Folk experience was that damn scorpion.. it scared me so much i never wanted to play again :( but how i got back into animal crossing is a different story

Last edited:
I remember trying to fill up the museum on the Gamecube version.

So much time travel. So much coelacanth-induced rage.

Running endless quests for the villagers but at least they didn't change their clothes or houses.

sitting with my mum in the conservatory in summer, running around fun town on the wii - catching butterflies, fish and talking to my new found friends

taking for ever to decide on a town name for WW and finally settling on Gemtown....but I think I spelled it Jimtown.... why

Back when I was really young playing the GameCube version, I remember not knowing what to do and how to upgrade my house and simply only caring about what animals my villagers were.

Playing AC:GC when I was 11!! Getting up ridiculously early (like 7AM) just so I can go to the town center to do the morning exercise with my villagers in the summer ~
Going in early from 4th of July festivities to celebrate with my villagers lol.

So much nostalgia..

I saw a fanart of K.K Slider with Parappa The Rapper and I thought he was from a music themed game.
Then I learned that he was actually from Animal Crossing.

I also saw a image of Mr. Resetti and a comment telling he was an annoying character.

Getting up ridiculously early (like 7AM) just so I can go to the town center to do the morning exercise with my villagers in the summer

It was 6AM. I remember trying stay up all night to attend it. I crashed out at 7AM and never did it ever again (instead I just time travelled).

Roscoe being in boxes... :( I miss the guy, it pains me when I see him in the City and he doesn't say anything other than insulting me and my hair...

It was 6AM. I remember trying stay up all night to attend it. I crashed out at 7AM and never did it ever again (instead I just time travelled).
6-7, close enough. Either way, very early for someone who was 10-11 on the weekend lol. I felt too guilty to time travel back then.. so I tried my best to get there honestly and exercise with them. But that was part of the fun for me.

my first game was new leaf because i'm a young little dingus and never really got enthused with wild world when my friends showed it to me. when i saw the commercials for new leaf i'm like, "hey, i remember this series," so i bought it like a month after release date

can't remember what I named my first town. can't help but think i named it neko. prolly not, tho.

all i can really remember from that town is that i had chevre, snake, velma and monique. and maybe beau. maybe.
anyway, snake was my first "oh man, this gon' be gud" villager, but then he moved out. can't remember why.

One of my earliest memories was playing hide and seek with my sister on wild world using the timer, and we took it so seriously. We didn't have any rules or anything, but I remember always lying to her about where I actually was in town. For example i'd lie and tell her that I gave up and then that meant I had to give away my location, and i'd say I was outside when really I was in the museum. LOL. It was so funny when she'd catch me in the museum, and she'd be like you can't run away now I saw you but i'd still do it anyway and make her chase me around the museum. LOL. It's not as fun as it was when we were younger, but it was the most fun we had on wild world whenever we played together. We even used the DS chat LOL, and it's miles shorter than the one for new leaf.

The first AC game I played was WW when I was much younger, and I found out about it because my cousin brought the game over to my house and let me play. I was hooked and wanted my own DS after that, but they were so popular back then any time my grandma took me to the store to buy one they would be sold out. Then one day she checked me out of school because she had finally found one. She bought me WW and ever since then AC has become super important to me. :')

My first memory of the game is actually when I first started playing. My family bought me a wii and Animal Crossing, and I can remember setting up my town and meeting villagers.

Importing the GameCube game from Canada as it was originally not planned to be brought to Europe due to the multiple languages it would need. I played it along with a group on Eurogamer and traded on there.

Back