What are your earliest memories on Animal Crossing?

I remember wearing gingham in the game cube version and spending all my time catching red snappers on the beach.

I remember spending days just playing the GC version, catching fish to pay off my debt and collecting every piece of the Modern furniture set. Was super happy when I got that set completed.

Going back and forth between mine and my friends town on Wild World, and getting super excited to get our hair done at Shampoodles haha

It was back when Animal Crossing came out for the GameCube in sept. 2002...

I remember two of the starting villagers in my town (now long gone). It was Ozzie who lived near the beach and Monique living close by. No specific event. I also remember Rasher being the first to move in. And Olive would erect igloos during winter and prepare a hot soup during the following winter months.

I remember playing the Game Cube, and fishing was my favorite thing to do. I remember getting so excited because there was this HUGE fish in the river. I called my son over ( he shared in the excitement ), and I was so worried I would mess up and not get it. Luckily I caught it, and it was my first stringfish. I took it straight to the museum to donate.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also remember going in the igloo with a bunch of hard earned bells, and losing almost all of it to Blaire in just one single game. My jaw dropped when I realized how much I lost. My son laughed.lol.

I got mine from my best friend! At the time she was visiting our home country after moving out to UK. It was christmas time, snow everywhere. We met up in a cozy cafe and she handed me a copy as a christmas present! It was a used copy and the previous owner did not reset the game, leaving me with a bell fortune, some neat collectable items. I transfered all the neat stuff to my friend's copy, the town also had marshal but I was not so impressed by him and decided to just make my own town without selling him.

My mom bought animal crossing for the game cube, but she never played it, my brother started a town called qwerty (i have no idea why) interestingly he accidentally said "I'M NOT A BOY!!!" so my brother's first animal crossing character was a girl. I can't remember exactly who I had in my town, but I'm sure I did have cookie

Last edited:
I thought Animal Crossing wasn't my kind of game but I wanted to watch someone play so I let my girlfriend do it. She likes it then I got curious so I tried it myself. In the end, I've gotten way more addicted playing it than her haha

I got WW in 2005 when it came out. I remember having Mint and Peanut in my first ever town and they were and still are my favourite villagers & for some reason I always would wear the puffy hat? & every time I went over my friends house all we did was play ACWW but I don't even speak to her anymore.

Last edited:
All of these were in animal crossing population growing, the gamecube game! I remember: having pink hair, catching a LOT of jellyfish while fishing in the ocean, working for tom nook and writing a post on the Bulletin Board that said something like "tom nook smells" and planting all the flowers he gave me near my house and not wearing my work shirt and making him mad haha! Oooh and having these villagers: Pecan, Olivia, Gonzo and Static. And also entering in codes to get mini games! :3 I remembered a lot more about it than I thought I did.

Last edited:
One of the first memories I remember was me, sitting in the train and speaking to Rover. I named my first town "Nintendo" and my second town "New Leaf". I just wanted to go as fast as I can and I just travelled in the all the time, I wanted to have all the Shops and villagers I liked. I planted flowers, trees and bushes everywhere and I had some really disgusting and ugly villagers, but I was happy. Until the day, I realised, these names are **** and I started new with Thor?nia.

Earliest memory:

- Buying the game on the day it came out in NA and being grounded from playing it on that day but I still did it anyways.

My first town is long gone but I definitely miss it :,(

My uncle had a copy of Wild World and I remember going to my grandparents and watching him play. For whatever reason he didn't have his DS so he asked to use mine. His town was a wreck from not playing it and he gave me two dollars to pull all the weeds from his town xD He either gave it to me or I accidently stole it (I think we both forgot it was still in my DS and I left without realizing it, I don't remember him every explicitly saying I could have it) but after a few years I found it and restarted the town. I played that and eventually got City Folk but I never played it much since I've always been more of a portable gamer.

When I got my first DS (The big blocky blue one) Wild World came with it. I was so excited to pop the game in and play. I guess that's my earliest memory.

I remember first reading about Animal Crossing on the Game cube in a Tips&Tricks magazine. It's was on the cover and the moment I read the article, I knew I had to play it. I was (and still am) a huge simulator fan. One Christmas, my folks got me a game cube with it and a few other games. I remember waking up for aerobics. Going inside the lighthouse.

I remember Sally, Bangle and either Cube or Roald (the penguin with the gcn shelf in his house). I loved Sally's house and I hung out there a lot. Bangle, I loved the retro TV in her house and it took me so long to get a television and you know what she does? She forced me to talk to her and said something like "I'm not letting you go until you give me the TV." I was so upset! I didn't like her again until recently. Haha.

Such good times.

When I was 7 or 8 someone gave me WW for my birthday and I remember not really knowing how to play it, (or rather what I was doing), and used to think that the weeds were just grass and that they couldn't be pulled haha

It must have been around 2004, I was 7 years old. I got Animal Crossing for the gamecube. I could't speak or understand English yet, but I was very excited to play. My first town had Kiki in it. I got really confused when Tom Nook asked me to write something on the board in the plaza, and I cried for my mother, but she didn't understand it also so I cried some more.

Eventually I got into playing. Then, the horror happend. The power went off and my game didn't save. Resetti came, and I needed to type a sentence he gave me. But I didn't understand. So I resetted my save file. Kiki was gone. It was a sad, sad day.

my first ever real animal crossing town was named Fudgeton in wild world in 2012. i remember being salty online because i couldn't change my hair color and was mad other people could lol. my first new leaf town in 2013 was named Candy :D i reset my town a lot but i usually just kept naming my towns Candy or Kawaii and i was super social i had a big friend group that was on a lot and we would just talk forever using the friend messager. i remember i would drop off stuff in their towns and when i reset id come pick it up from my new town :D they were such great friends but idk where they went. i also remember us all decorating our houses to be cafes or hotels and we would rp a lot. i miss being 12 when i had time to actually play video games D:

Back