• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are your earliest memories on Animal Crossing?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
When I first bought Wild World in December, I called my town Iceland. And I was surprised to see all that the whole town was covered in snow, which really suited 'Iceland' ^.^

In New Leaf, the first one I bought myself, I spent hours jumping off the cliffs XD

when I and my kid brother shared a town on city folk, I remember him completely filling the town with gold roses w/o my consent and I stomped on them all and pretended it was an accident

I hate gold roses lmao

I also remember mailing myself a pair of 3d glasses for some reason, and then forgetting about it, then when I got them three months later I was like "??????? why???"

The first thing I remember is naming my character and my town. Just kidding, that would be too obvious. Though I can tell a really old memory: So it was a few days after I first started playing Animal Crossing GCN and Mitzi told me to plant flowers around her house. I went ahead and planted flowers around her house and I talked to her then she rewarded me with something (I think it was furniture). Those flowers are still there to this day and I try my best not to trample them.

don't really remember much. i would play with my sisters all the time on ww & when resetti came to ask for an apology i failed every time. i would get my sisters to help but i later came to the realisation you had to write it perfectly. i forgot & then it would take hours for us to figure it out

I remember having to work at Tom Nooks in Wild World and hoping the whole game wouldn't be like that. But at the same time, I took his tasks very seriously! I would spend so long meticulously writing a letter on the town bulletin board thinking all my villagers would read it and talk about it.

I also remember being at a family vacation and meeting a distant cousin my age who also had the game. We'd spend hours playing Wild World together. He had hacked his town for the 99k bell bags appearing instead of weeds and gave me so many bags I had to put them outside! I thought he had legitimately gained them and was so impressed.

My earliest memory is being about seven years old, and being introduced to the gamecube version over a friend's house. I remember sitting on the train chatting with Rover, and the time after when I had seen Blanca I freaked out and ran and told her something was legitimately wrong with the game. I thought it forgot to load her face or something, it was so horrifying.

I also remember the stuff of legend; back when internet wasn't a big thing yet but you had what little GameFAQ's could provide you. I always thought putting those codes in for items was so cool, sitting there with a notepad and having them written down and trying them out. It was freaky when Tom Nook said my present had arrived from '!#@!%$^&'. Very freaky.

Anyone else remember the tale of Brutus? Or if you reset your game 60 times with Resetti, he would delete your save file? Me and my cousin were actually twisted enough to try that. XD Didn't work and we were disappointed, but still.

The first game always felt very mysterious and full of secrets and lore. Sending those key symbols to villagers with a specific code to get items, those hacked items like the fish, the airplanes, oh good heavens catching the whale was something I dreamed about.

my earliest memory of playing AC was renting the gamecube version from the local rental store and staying up for HOURS playing it... eventually i think the memory card was either full or stopped working so i couldn't save my game at all, so i would be really upset when i had to return it. i would beg my parents to go to the rental store so i could play it again!

when i got my own DS and AC:WW, it was a blessing to be able to save the game. my best friend and i would play it 24/7... those were some really good times.

my earliest memory of animal crossin is the night i first got wild world. i was so confused on what i was supposed to do, and i couldn't find my house, and i kept talking to tangy to see if she would help me lmao

I remember starting my town in Wild World when I was young. I got it the day I received my pearl pink DS lite with a princess peach case!

I remember playing it on the game cube for the very first time. For the Halloween event I remember spending most of my time looking for Jack. Now that it's broken I can't play it anymore.

I remember being super ecstatic when I first received animal crossing wild world. I didn't what the game had offer. Once I realized that I can literally do 'anything' and have some animal villgers I was instantly hooked. I invested majority of the time collecting all the furniture I can. I try to do stupid online 'cheat' like getting a nintendo dog in wild world. (not even possilbe).
It was super fun playing wild world with my classmates during the bus on the field trip. Ahh so many good memories.

I always wanted to do multiplayer over wifi, but my house didn't have wifi at the time. So I was stuck playing offline mode. Ahh wild world was the first game that made me love Stitches. I just remember going to his house everyday and talk and what not. I also remember enjoying pushing the characters around to get them super mad. But ahh worst part is when my ds die I have to deal with mr. resett, which makes me scared He literally made me heart skip a beat because i was so frightened. haha

I destroyed my brother's girlfriend's town, dug pitfalls and gave the DS back to her.

Last edited:
Game cube is the furthest back I can remember..

I remember being a really little kid, like, 3 or 4 maybe, and my brother was playing the gamecube Animal Crossing. I loved watching him play, and I always wanted to play it myself. I begged him to teach me but he never felt like it. I still loved watching him play it, and one day I wanted to play, so he finally threw down the controller and told me to play and left. I was really sad because I wanted him to watch me play like I watched him play, and I had no clue what I was doing. I remember that he was talking to the gyroid out front and I wanna say his house was the top left one. I had no clue what I was doing and I only sat there a minute and ran away because I was scared that I'd break his game. xD

In the GCN version when I was like 5 I did the gyroid glitch with my character not having knowledge of how to do it before and I had nightmares for a week straight of that

Shortly after I got ACNL, I unlocked the online island, and would go there all the time due to having nothing better to do.

I also remember being at the entire Spring Event for AC GCN about two years back.

I remember playing it on the gamecube ages ago and just being amazed at the real-time aspect of it, with weather and holidays and all of that. At the time that was a pretty new experience and it really impressed me. I also loved the simple joy of fishing and it was that aspect of the game that stayed with me for years until I discovered it still existed and picked it back up again in 2015.

I remember I first got Wild World when I was only 7 years old. It was winter, so there were stars in the snow on the ground. Rosie was in my town, and I remember being confused why she kept saying the word "silly". I also remember being greatly amused when I was pushing Lucy around and making her upset. Good times :')

i've been playing acnl since christmas 2015 :') i rented city folk when i was 12 and loved it, was beyond mad when i had to return it, too

Back