• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Pokémon What would you like to see in Sun and Moon sequels/third game/whatever?

SensaiGallade

✨ Étoile 2020 ✨
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1251-8940-4139
Island
Rosemoor
Sheep Plush
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Celeste Chick Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
What would you like to see in Sun and Moon sequels/third game/whatever? Before we begin, lets establish the timeline.

So we know XY and ORAS take place on the Mega Timeline. ORAS taking place at the beginning of the timeline parallel to RBGY/FrLg and RSE. XY take place at the same time as B2W2, confirmed by Gamefreak in 2014. We can assume Sun and Moon take place on the Mega Timeline because of the presence of Mega Evolution. But where? I can tell you. 2 Years after XY. Why? Because of Grimsley. Grimsley's official artwork states that SUMO Grimsley takes place 2 years since his last appearance, which is B2W2 which is there then 2 years after XY.

Generally, RBYG/FRLG=RSE/ORAS->GSC/HGSS=DPPT->BW->B2W2=XY->SUMO

So what would be different?

What would you like to see? Personally, I would love to see Hau following his dreams and become Kahuna of Melemele Island. In addition, the return of remorseful Lusamine and Wicke as the new Aether President would be cool. What do you think?

The most unanswered plots in Pokemon are about the past. The AZoth kingdom, Ruins of Alph, the temples and structures in Gen 4. I think something that delved into that would be interesting. Something like what Movie 4 did. Seeing all the ancient technology and pokeballs would be really interesting, especially if they talked about the origin of pokemon, you know, when the first pokeball was created, and so on. I liked the recent movie (Magearna) for that reason.

Team Doctor Who would be our archnemesis, of course.

I want them to add a bunch more roaming legendaries, increased rates of wild encounters, restricted use of repels and seven new rivals. And a National Pokedex.

You know that fossil guy on the second island? The one who says he wants to build a park full of revived fossil Pokemon? Yeah, I want to see that area get fully developed in the next games. The missing mega stones would be nice as well.

A national Pokedex.

This. So much this. :(

I'd also really like to see Gamefreak finally update GTS. It's been mostly the same clunky thing that's it has been since Diamond/Pearl. For instance, let us do a sort of reverse search. If I have a Litten, it'd be nice to see what I could get for it on GTS.

Sun Moon sequel or Diamond and Pearl remake would both be awesome! If it's a Sun/Moon 2 I hope it'll be Zygarde as the mascot (Pokemon Earth?). I also hope they get deeper into the...
family and uncover the mystery behind Lillie's and Gladion's father. I also hope they bring Lillie back! PLEASE! Also, maybe WE will get to visit Kanto. ;p
Last and most important of all... PLEASE BRING BACK PSS AND SUPER TRAINING! ;_;

For some reason, I've been thinking about this amd don't you think it would be cool if:

• Hala retired as Kahuna of Melemele Island and you witness Tapu Koko picking Hau as the next Kahuna.
  • Nanu also retires as Kahuna and Acerola takes his place.
  • The Ghost Trial is no longer a thing and is replaced by a Bug Trial run by Guzma at Po Town which has since become overgrown and filled with Bug Type Pokemon.
  • The Trial requires you to test the durability of different Bug Pokemon that are hiding around Po Town. These are Pinsir hiding in the abandoned Pokemon Centre, Masquerain and Ribombee flying in the air where there are 2 of each, 2 Scizor hiding in the back room of the Shady House and the Totem Pokemon of Guzma's Trial is Araquanid where it hids on the ceiling of Guzma's old room and attacks from above. It know's Liquidation, Leech Life, Aqua Ring and Stockpile while also summoning either a Passimian or Ribombee
  • Wicke is the new stand in President of Aether Paradise where they continue to study Ultra Beast's and help protect Pokemon, just not as extreme as before.
  • Lusamine returns in the post-game as Aether President and is battleable.
  • Faba is fired cause no one likes him.
  • More on Type: Null is explained and how it was supposed to be used to destroy Ultra Beast's.
  • Colress becomes the new Branch Chief of the Aether Foundation as well as Wicke after Lusamine returns.
  • Lillie also returns from Kanto in the post-game
  • Olivia and Hapu are still the Kahuna's of Akala and Poni.
  • The Elite Four is unchanged but it would be cool if you were able to battle your past character who uses the same Pokemon used in your first Hall of Fame entry.

I'd like to see Gladion as Aether President and Lillie as a trainer, maybe even a Captain! She would use a variety of types ^^

Last edited:
I don't really have big hopes for the next Alolan installment. I'd very much appreciate the return of Super Training as an option for EV training (I know how you do it in Sun & Moon, but I personally find it easier and more fun to Super Train). I'd also like to maybe see some Hidden Abilities for the new Pokemon and the inclusion of omitted Mega Stones.

Maybe an expansion on the Poke Finder feature? I liked the idea, but quickly found myself bored with it when it turned out there are very limited options for things to photograph and getting levelled up in it seems like a worthless task. This would undoubtedly be better as just a new Pokemon Snap game, but they don't want to make that, so whatever.

As for the return of a National Pokedex, I've got mixed feelings about that. On one hand it's neat to do, but considering we get the Shiny Charm for just completing the Alola Dex now it seems like going back to that being the reward for the National Dex would be regressing. Maybe a more powerful Shiny Charm? But that seems like a cheap reward after already getting one.

As far as characters and story are concerned, I'd like to see Lillie return from Kanto with a team you can battle and I hope that whatever villainous team we face next isn't just Team Skull reuniting and returning to their old ways. I'd like for Guzma to move up in the world and be a trial captain or Kahuna or something instead of just returning to theivery. If Team Skull has to come back, have some formerly unknown grunt rise up the ranks and assume the leadership instead.

Back