• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever tried visiting friend's town in another language?

hyooo

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I recently bought a copy of AC:WW so that I can play with my friend, who rediscovered his old DS and is stoked to visit his old town.

His game is in Korean and I couldn't find any exact copy on ebay so I ended up buying the Japanese version thinking it will not have any issues.

Sadly the gate keepers are not able to sense each other's town, even though the two DS consoles are practically touching/stacked on top of each other. There is no issue with Pictochat so don't think it's a machine failure.

Has anyone had this exact same issue? Any ideas? I've been looking everywhere for some solutions :(

At this rate me and my mate will have to move onto 3DS... and lose all the save files... It started off for my friend but I've grown quite attached to my little Japanese village already!

Any thoughts or comments will be very appreciated!

I don't think it works due to the different character sets.

Um... why would you lose your save files? The data is stored on the cartridge.

Haha I meant it as not really losing the data but more along the lines of how I will have to move onto NL and therefore sort of missout on my WW town :p

Thank you for answering my question! Too bad that different languages aren't supported for local multi player :(

Haha I meant it as not really losing the data but more along the lines of how I will have to move onto NL and therefore sort of missout on my WW town :p

Oh, you'll still boot up Wild World every now and then. It actually scales quite nicely on the 3DS, but the frame rate stinks.

Haha will see how it pans out!

Now the task is to tell my friend that we need to move on to NL :p

Back