• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite town theme(s)?

What's your favorite town theme?

• Total voters

petaI

ೃ♡
Bells
hello! i've always wanted to know what everyone's favorite type of towns are. zen, modern, sci-fi, fairy-tale, normal, pastel, color-oriented, etc.?

personally i've always had a taste of zen and fairy-tale.

Last edited:
I really enjoy fairytale towns that go all-out with that theme, with super elaborate decorations and designs, so you feel like you've been dropped in an olden fantasy city~
I also love 'normal' towns that have no real theme other than being the owner's cozy Animal Crossing village.
Foresty towns are nice, but sometimes for me, can end up forgettable if there aren't some key landmarks.
I'm not a big fan of modern towns, but they're not very common, so I often find it interesting to visit them when I come across one. I can appreciate any theme done well, really, but I have my favorite/least favorite aesthetics.

I have a pastel-ish town I guess? my main colors are pink, orange, purple, and white. it's very girly and bright. I love forest towns though and think they are soo pretty.

i love christmas towns!! i have a pastel town, a zen/foresty town, and then i just made a town that's going to be pretty natural with little to no paths and no plot-setting

Game specific towns (e.g. a Zelda town) or towns telling a story (e.g. Aika village) are the best.
And I hate pastel/pink towns with passion.

I like towns that are set in autumn, 'cause I really enjoy the warm colors, + it's my favorite season. And I really enjoy towns that are based off a game or movie or something. Those take a TON of effort, so I'm really impressed by those.

Zen and fairy-tale I guess? I have elements of both in my town so it goes without saying that I'm fond of those themes. But I also chose pastel because I think they're very aesthetically pleasing and easy on the eye. Colour-oriented ones are interesting too, and I appreciate the patience required to coordinate everything, hybrids especially, but I think they can look bland in some ways so they really need something that makes them stand out from the rest.

Also, winter towns! I fall in love with those so easily.

I tend to like forest-y and otherwise nature-y towns the most out of those specified in the poll. Space/sci-fi towns are cool as well but it's not like I've seen many of them. The concept is interesting, though. I'm also a sucker for apocalyptic towns and towns with horror-like elements.

It's more about how well the town is made though and what the theme is.

Last edited:
Some may find them boring, but I personally love foresty, pastel, fairy-tale and zen themes <3 I also love autumn towns!

I can admire all types of towns, but I personally really like forest towns more! I'm trying to make mine foresty.

i love zen forest theme towns and that's what i'm trying to go for with my town, but i'm falling more in love with fairy tale themed towns. i wish you could edit the theme of your village as a whole. like having a western themed town with western foliage/bushes and the like.

I really like themed towns the most. I think they require more creativity to pull off and are very unique. Horror, Modern, and Sci-fi towns are great as well but are so hard to find nowadays. I also appreciate towns that tell a story. That said, I do enjoy pastel or forest towns depending on how they're done. I think most blend in too much and don't stand out enough but that's just me. ^^;

I prefer a natural and personal look
following a single theme it's restrictive and boring

I love eerie, murky towns that seem innocent enough but are still able to give you a sinister vibe. I don't like the way most horror towns are overdone though, so a town that feels relaxed and somber, yet like there's something lurking in the dark, sounds perfect to me.

I'm actually writing up some ideas for a new town "Murkwood", since my other towns all had a cutesy theme to them. I think it'll be different and fun to create.

Back