What would you do...

What would you do if your save file corrupted, destroying your town?

• Total voters
I've read quite a few posts about this in the past, but always wondered how/why it happens? Is it just a random thing, or a flaw with the game card/digital files? I figured it had something to do with data on the SD card not being similar to the game file, so I never take it out. It seems unbelievable that Nintendo wouldn't have addressed an issue like this (before the game came out). I've never had an issue with older AC towns before, but maybe the way data is stored/saved with the 3ds is a problem...

Hopefully, the new update helps minimize the risk of this happening....

My hubby's first New Leaf town corrupted and despite me working hard to get back all of his villagers, he lost all interest in the game after that.

If any of my towns corrupted, I'd probably quit playing permanently. Especially Bunifrey. I've poured a LOT of effort, hours and love into that town. But that's also why I bought a Powersaves; being able to create backup save files for a game that's almost famous for how often it corrupts is an absolute must.

But that's also why I bought a Powersaves; being able to create backup save files for a game that's almost famous for how often it corrupts is an absolute must.

This is why I bought one, but currently I am unsure if its working since the 1.5 update of ACNL. Do you or anyone know when powersave will update? Ive been googling for any news but only found pokemon rants about powersave.

i'd start over. as awful as losing my town i've worked 3 years on, it's always refreshing starting anew

If I found out that my animal crossing village was corrupted... I would sit in a corner and think about all the hours I have spent on that town and then realize that this gives me a chance to start anew. It would suck since that would mean my catalog, collectibles and everything be gone. But would make it a challenge to get everything back. With the update it wouldn't be that hard to get my favorite villager back (Maple) But it would still suck ;^; I would end up taking a break for about a month and probably go right back into it. Animal crossing is my stress relief. So I can't ever just give up on it.

Well, I'd grieve for a while if one of my precious towns corrupted and then start over after a week or so. Cross my fingers that'll never have to happen.

I would obviously start over! There are many things about my town I don't like, so I wont get that affected by it. Anyway, I can also reset for villagers too. It'll just be like a second copy, but actually my first. XD I think this shows my addiction for animal crossing. o.0

Start over. I would be heart-broken, but there is no way to get the old town back so I may as well start fresh.

I'll probably stop playing for a while (to concentrate on other games/backlog lol). I might go back after a month or two then start over again.

I'd start over. Something that stops me from playing can't stop me from playing.

Although, I am worried about doing it. Because I heard of another player getting their corrupted game back to life. They probably worked very hard on that town that they didn't even want their old town back.

Last edited:
I would just import my backup save file and continue! If that failed I'd probably just put it aside and work on my second copy of the game, so essentially starting a new town since I've barely touched my second copy.

It'd be hard for me to not give up, honestly.

Sure there are things like the construction of the town, such as laying down paths, getting dream villagers, etc., but the other things would bother me the most to achieve again.

Such as filling my museum again, upgrading main street, paying off house loans, collecting furnature sets, etc...

With those in mind, I would start over, but I most likely wouldn't work nearly as hard as I would before, and would most likely become a very casual player at that point. (Not logging on consistantly, not caring about what villagers move about, etc)

Back