• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What would you do...

What would you do if your save file corrupted, destroying your town?

• Total voters
That happened to me before. I tried making a few new towns, but I just didn't enjoy them as much as my corrupted town. I ended up taking a break until Welcome Amiibo came out.

That happened to me before. I tried making a few new towns, but I just didn't enjoy them as much as my corrupted town. I ended up taking a break until Welcome Amiibo came out.

I totally understand. It's never happened to me before, but I'm always paranoid it will eventually, and I figured if it did, I'd start over just because I love the game, but then give up because it just isn't the same. Losing something you worked hard on is just frustrating :( Glad the update brought you back, though! ^_^

I'm always worried about this happening but I know I would instantly start over if it did happen. However, it would just never be the same and I would probably get bored of having to collect things all the way from the start again and I may give up at one point in frustration. Animal crossing would probably just turn into one of those games you pick up and play for a few minutes, remember why you left it last time and then set it down again. I feel sorry for those who have had to go through the experience of having their town corrupted, but I'm interested if anyone has built up their town again after such an unfortunate event!

i'm not sure what i would do if that happened. i definitely wouldn't start over straight away - i'd be too upset to do that, plus i'd be worried that it might happen again. but it's my favourite 3ds game, so i'd probably go back to playing it eventually.

i have two copies of the game, so if one town gets corrupted i would just be able to play in the other town. but if that ever happened, i would most likely also start over on the copy that had the corrupted town.

I'd be devastated, but what other choice do you have other than to start over? I'd probably take a break but I wouldn't give up entirely, I'd maybe need some time to get over it but once I'm past that I wouldn't mind starting from the ground up. I mean, I would mind, very much so, but it's better than giving up completely.

I also have fears of this happening and I even try to mentally prepare myself if it were to happen, but I don't know how I'd react initially. Just one of those things.

I'd cry for three days straight and start over.

Only three days? I would cry for a lot longer than that. I'm so attached to my town and all my villagers. Every little thing.

I would probably start again after a while.

Yeah, I could never truly give up. I love the game so much! I guess the silver lining would be that I would know what to look for in selecting a town map (including patterns on the grass and snow!), and I've gotten better at landscaping and stuff. I could make my town even better than before, since I'd have a better idea of what my ideal town would look like ^_^ Still, I'm incredibly attached to my town now, even with it's imperfections, and would probably cry sad, sad tears if this ever happened. And there won't be an update to save me from the darkness :'(

I probably won't play for a long time. It's already annoying having to wait for things to be unlocked when you play on an alternate character.

Yeah, I could never truly give up. I love the game so much! I guess the silver lining would be that I would know what to look for in selecting a town map (including patterns on the grass and snow!), and I've gotten better at landscaping and stuff. I could make my town even better than before, since I'd have a better idea of what my ideal town would look like ^_^ Still, I'm incredibly attached to my town now, even with it's imperfections, and would probably cry sad, sad tears if this ever happened. And there won't be an update to save me from the darkness :'(

Yep, that's how I like to think about it too! I had considered starting my town over again recently but I decided not to, but if it were forced on me by a corrupt save then I guess I'd get another opportunity to pick and choose better aspects of my town. Just a little bit of optimism but I'd still be upset lol.

Yep, that's how I like to think about it too! I had considered starting my town over again recently but I decided not to, but if it were forced on me by a corrupt save then I guess I'd get another opportunity to pick and choose better aspects of my town. Just a little bit of optimism but I'd still be upset lol.

Exactly ^_^ I had thought about starting over multiple times as well, just so I could choose better aspects (stars on the snow, triangles on the grass, shorter river, etc). However, I don't think I'll be doing that of my own free will. Hopefully, that will be never *fingers crossed!*

- - - Post Merge - - -

I probably won't play for a long time. It's already annoying having to wait for things to be unlocked when you play on an alternate character.

Yes, exactly! I'm glad I'm past the point of unlocking everything and my main street is 100% complete, etc. I can't imagine doing it all over again >.< It's bad enough having to upgrade the houses of two of my alt. characters and unlocking all their stuff.

I'd take a break for a long time (maybe even a few months) and then start a new town. This is why we should've been able to back-up our save data onto the SD card and other media (i.e copying the save data to your PC).

My town had corrupted a few weeks back, I was lucky I had a backup of it on my old computer, I had restored it and I had only missed out on a few months of work, that didn't bother me because I had my town back and I could work on the areas I had done before the corruption and just deal with the fact I had missed some bugs/fish:c I was going to take a break for a few weeks or so before beginning again if I hadn't manage to recover my data, but I wouldn't give up entirely. I now know what it's like to become attached to a town you've made and the thought of having to restart is not the greatest. ;-;

start over
i could be considered the master of resetting the number of times i've done it

I don't feel particularly attached to my towns right now so I wouldn't mind it much if they corrupted. I'd be quick to get over it and start a new town.

I'd just give up.
My current town(Starview) has the most positive progress I've ever had in a town, and if corruption ever happened, I'll just delete it off my 3DS(my digital copy) because I'll have zero motivation to continue/start over.
It took me TEN months of constant resetting to FINALLY get the town I've always wanted, no way in hell would I waste my time getting everything back. My physical copy will collect dust instead of bells.

Back