Phyllis A Meanie =( ?.

I've always loved her pettiness. She's always annoyed and reminds me of myself.

I feel like she softened up like the rest of the characters in the transition to New Leaf. She doesn't seem as bothered or angry now. Characters like her taught us that nothings perfect, and not everything's lolipops and rainbows. I wish Phyllis' old personality would come back.

After having multiple conversations with Lyle, Lyle will reveal Phyllis actually stops by Nook's Homes a lot. Lyle says that Phyllis is always checking on her sister to see if she needs help, and that she's a bit of a workaholic. Lyle will than warn you not to tell her this, as she'd get angry, and in Lyle's words, "Bust your chops"

I think her grumpy personality is kinda funny and a nice change from all the usual happiness

Hahaha she was so passive aggressive and nasty in WW. I couldn't believe how watered down she got in NL, which honestly wasn't a big deal for me cuz she was honestly so mean before. It just seems to me like her personality changed to a completely different character.

she's a lot more rude in the old games and i miss how her personality used to be so full of dialogue and aggressiveness. personalities are too watered down in acnl and its part of the reason why i find myself playing all of the past old animal crossing games, phyllis is one of my favorite NPCs.

When I was a kid playing Animal Crossing on the GameCube, I thought Phyllis was really mean and I didn't like her, but now I am her.

She's so much more polite now, same with resetti... it's kinda sad, like they lost the spark in their personalities :( maybe I'm a masochist but I want them to bring back the super mean personalities lol

She's forgettable now, since they watered her personality down like the rest. Sometimes I don't remember she even exists. R.i.p to our queen. I loved her before though, her grouchy rude ass lit up my heart every evening :') Every snide remark was like a sparkle in my soul.

If you were stuck working the late night shift when most players are asleep, and your younger sister gets all the praise, while you are forgotten or hated, and if you were severely overworked, you would be grumpy too.

I don't blame her, I've worked retail. And no I don't mean Re-Tail in the game, but actual retail jobs suck

Bruh they watered her down just because of the anxious kids...same with Resetti.
R.I.P. NPCs with relatable personality

Last edited:
I always find her mean personality funny (and how she always whispers). One of the only characters besides Resetti and cranky villagers that I was unhappy that they toned down. She is very relatable too, think about it: you work late at night, overworked and get all of the hate while your younger sister who works during the day gets all the praise. You kinda feel bad for her after realising that.

I hate her so much, especially in the older AC games. Even though her personality is a lot more watered down in NL now, I still don't like her so I never visit the post office when it's her shift. :p Also, I don't like how NL ships Pete and Phyllis since I ship Pete and Pelly.

Last edited:
I went from being annoyed by her in GCN to forgetting she's even in New Leaf lol.

As others have said, she used to be more mean/rude in older games, but was watered down like Resetti, and the cranky/snooty villagers. I used to find her comments/thoughts rather amusing. Working the graveyard shift can change a person's outlook on life!

When was Phyllis not? I want nothing to do with Phyllis, to be honest. Especially, with the judgemental looks I get when I do a late night deposit.

Back