• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT or BTB?

TBT or BTB?

• Total voters
I've called it both, but I think I mostly do TBT. BTB makes more sense though.

I call it TBT because the section of the forum where it is primarily used is called the TBT Marketplace. But as KaydeeKrunk said above me, BTB makes more sense.

I always call it BTB because in my mind that means 'Bell Tree Bells', vs TBT, which simply means 'The Bell Tree'. But i think I'm in the minority :(

I've always called them TBT, never heard of BTB. When did that come about?

For years, the currency was just known as TBT. No one cared what it stood for in regards to the currency, but everyone knew it referred to the currency. Yes, it does actually stand for "The Bell Tree", and when people used it they said "TBT Bells", not just TBT.

In the past year or so, some people started using BTB to mean "Bell Tree Bells" and it just caught on. It's widely understood to also mean the currency, but people use both.

I call it TBT even though it makes no sense. BTB looks so weird

Last edited:
When I first joined, I always just used BTB since everyone used it at the time and it was the norm. With the massive wave of new members in 2015/2016, TBT is now more commonly used, so I use TBT instead. BTB makes more sense though, and I'm hoping it becomes the norm to use it again.

I call it TBT. BTB does makes sense, but it just sounds weird for me.

I always call it TBT. Even though BTB is the correct term, in my eyes I call it "Incorrect". Lol!

Yup, I'm the same way. Ever since I joined the site I've seen it called TBT more often than not so whenever I see it called BTB I think it looks wrong in a way.

I meant to vote BTB but accidentally voted TBT. Note to self don't try to answer polls on touch screens.

Although I actually refer to it as forum currency. But abbreviation wise BTB makes sense; TBT does not.

I like the look of TBT (vs. BTB) in captials, but I prefer btb (vs. tbt) if I'm writing it in lower case. Does that make sense, or am I just weird?

Even though BTB makes more sense, I prefer TBT and call it as such.

at first i thought it was btb because that's just common sense. but i don't really find anyone using it so i say tbt

Back