• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Food you think smells good, but will never eat

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Orange 🍊
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Red Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Toy Hammer
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Orange Balloon
Perfect Orange
Orange Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
I felt the same way. I always think oatmeal smells very good, but looks too gross to eat. I don't know why. Maybe if I did eat it, I may like the smell and taste.

Did you feel the same way too?

Most candy for me. I'm very picky about the textures and flavors of my candy. Right down to chocolate. I think it all smells great though.

A lot of sweets. Most really sugary candies make me feel sick so while they smell nice I won't eat them. Also there's a few soups my mom makes (namely a Thai lentil one) that smell amazing but their textures make them literally un-swallowable for me.

I love the smell of coffee but I don't really like the taste, I would never drink a whole cup

Peanut butter, hands down.
Sometimes I have to eat a little bit because the smell is so tempting but then I remember how much I dislike its taste. 8)

i would kill for the smell of coffee but i don't like the taste, it taste like crap.

Most American candies and cookies. They have a good scent but most taste pretty awful. I love sweets but it seems like it's most of the taste is just sugar than an actual flavor. D:

Even though you chew it, I think gum can count as well. Most taste really nasty after the flavor goes. Mints for life.

I guess Steak? It's a really nice smell, especially when neighbors grill it on the first days of spring! However, I am not really fond of eating it.

I guess Steak? It's a really nice smell, especially when neighbors grill it on the first days of spring! However, I am not really fond of eating it.

Same here.

But I would say flavored teas, there are now all kind of tea flavors, even peppermint candy canes tea. It smells good but I really dislike those teas.

Teas. I like chai, but most other teas, I like the smell of but would rather not drink.

Like a couple others have mentioned, I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee but never actually drink it. I'll always go the long way while grocery shopping so I can walk through the coffee aisle and smell the beans, and I've actually considered buying a coffeemaker and brewing coffee at home solely for the smell.

ive never came across something like that, usually if something smells good i'd automatically try it.

Last edited:
Literally nothing. If it smells good, I'll eat it.

Honestly there's very few things I won't eat. When I was a teen in the early 2000s my mom and another mom would do fun things for the 10 or so of us that were friends on our street. One of which was a Fear Factor game. I ended up eating a lot of things, culminating in a live fish. I'm not proud of it, but I was the one kid to eat them all just to win. I won like a $5 gas card or something but it is forever immortalized on video.

Last edited:
Literally nothing. If it smells good, I'll eat it.

Honestly there's very few things I won't eat. When I was a teen in the early 2000s my mom and another mom would do fun things for the 10 or so of us that were friends on our street. One of which was a Fear Factor game. I ended up eating a lot of things, culminating in a live fish. I'm not proud of it, but I was the one kid to eat them all just to win. I won like a $5 gas card or something but it is forever immortalized on video.
You won a not that good of a prize just for entering a gross thing? Honestly, you should've won something better if it was that gross...

Meat. XD My mom will make some meat dishes that smell super delicious but I just copy the recipe for the "sauce" or seasonings and put them on my meat substitutes and it makes a really good dupe. For a good long while I would drool each time she made biscuits and gravy because it's been a family staple forever so I missed it, but then I found out how to perfectly replicate it. =D

Back