Your favorite Holiday (usually) exclusive food?

Pumpkin pie and Christmas sugar cookies just because they're fun to make/decorate and yummy.

I love all the special Christmas things we make at my house, one of my favorites are a truffle my family makes call go-for balls, we've made them every year since forever and I can wolf them down just as quickly as I make them. We also make "shooter" cookies, also called "spritz" where we have this dough gun that pressed out shapes, they're really buttery and small so you can easily eat like a dozen. We have made a few times these peppermint candycane cookies that are super cute, just the right amount of minty and buttery and I love them. And then finally we also make Russian tea cakes which are always amazing.

I'm a sucker for little holiday cookies and chocolates. My favourite thing though are Welsh Cakes, which aren't really a Christmas food but my family only ever makes them at Christmastime. They're amazing <3

I guess I don't have a favorite. I just like most of it the same.

I do however love Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries. They only cost about a $1.50 a box, and my husband buys me about 4 boxes every Christmas. They last around 4 days, because I can eat a whole box in one sitting.

turkey wings and neck, its not actually what i make as the main holiday dinner but i eat it in the days leading up to it

Panettone and candy canes

Also smoked oyster, smoked salmon, gravlax, gingerbread cookies...that are food rather rare at my home :/

I've been munching on a few spicy gingerbread biscuits that I got the other day, they are remarkable. Shopping for food this time of year is always a struggle, especially when I can't help but walk through the department of sweets and biscuits. How can you not resist?

Back