• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wishlist for an Animal Crossing on the Switch?

i got so much to say on this lol

- a bigger map like i wish i just had more space cuz i feel like im always running out of it when i want to do a public works project or some other fancy plans i got.
- more public work projects and the limit of 30 (i think) could definitely be moved up way higher. also new public work projects would be great. theres so much they could add to that list.
- more slots for patterns. i really want to make pretty paths in my town but needing to make a new character to accomplish that feels like a drag. custom colors would also be nice to use.
- seriously need to be able to have more freedom with placement instead of hearing that something is too close to the river or something else.
- a higher villager limit cuz 10 is seriously not enough and lower the amount of villagers you have to cycle through.
- more species like reptiles and aquatic animals if they can pull that off and also more uchi villagers. also fox villagers please.
- bring back serena from city folk.
- lower the amount of seabass i find everytime i go fishing :(
- bring back celestes little constelation deck. i rather have a new owl for the exhibition spaces than her there.
- more mailbox slots in my pocket and for the mailbox right in front of my house. sending to mail to best friends would be cool cuz i wish so badly i could send some to my best friend.
- keep mainstreet but make a new bus stop and new city full of new shops.
- maybe lower the amounts for some badges. i seriously never see a single weed in my town unless i timetravel and then its still maybe 2 or 3 at most and very few people use streetpass. i went to a city with 1 million+ population and i only got 2 streetpasses while i was literally walking around in central for an hour+.
- also really hope they will make it so all the dlc and unordables are available in normal shops and then make more new dlc.
- being able to have certain areas closed off so villagers cant move there to ruin your town plans.
- the attic on top of your second floor and being able to custom it all. maybe also more rooms on the second floor then.
- maybe also have the option to pick eyebrows since it looks really weird if you pay attention to your characters face and see they really dont have eyebrows. also more haircolors and styles and eye colors and being able to pick skin colors.

i can probably go on for way longer. its not like im dissatisfied with the game but ow hell yeah they should bring this to the game xD

- more public work projects and the limit of 30 (i think) could definitely be moved up way higher. also new public work projects would be great. theres so much they could add to that list.

I believe the max PWP limit is 50, according to the savegame editor.

I think more PWPs would be awesome if we could control where Villagers but their houses (residential district). As it currently stands, I have trouble placing them because the map I chose doesn't give me a lot of room.

I definitely want a bigger villager limit. Remember how in the old games sign posts are where villagers would move in? I wish they'd bring those back so you know where they're going to be. Or better yet, let you place them yourself.

- have a seperate toolbox outside of the bag
- add a new fruit or two to spice things up! maybe berry bushes like brought up in an earlier post
- I want them to bring back the quirky 'Message of the Week' and 'Talking to Myself' bulletin board messages that were in Wild World
- stack flowers like you can with bells/fruit, they can be presented as bouquets!
- increase the bell bag limit to something way higher than 99k, could really save us some space in our bags :p
- Bring Back Blathers detailed descriptions of the finds you bring him! I feel so guilty when he doesn't talk about how exciting bug/fish/fossils/paintings are compared to the previous games :(
- bring back constellations
- bring back messages in a bottle!
- ability to create custom shops or have a user run online market place to sell stuff to other players
- more house exterior options like wind chimes or lawn ornaments, maybe even a backyard!

I wish we could celebrate birthdays with special characters. Today (February 1st) is Rover's birthday and I want to celebrate his birthday but I can't because the games don't let me.

Player Customization
• customize player appearance at start of game (not through vague questionnaire)
• bring skin tones from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
• allow player to manually pick eye shape
• more hair styles, especially for curly hair
• body-type option (ex.: thin, normal, large)
• unspecified gender option (purple Town Pass Card and non-player character’s dialogue no longer addresses players gender)
• allow player to unlock opposite gender options later

Town
• 70-120% increase in town size (geography, max villagers, max projects, etc.)
• more features in town geography (hills, cliffs, slopes, etc.)
• more power as mayor or city planner to define locations of structures (shops, projects, homes, etc.)
• better path creation tools, such as ability to place actual gravel, stepping stones, or pavement without using the pattern tiles
• edit mode for town similar to overhead touch designer mode for moving furniture inside home
• abandon the tile system for plants outdoors
• new more reliable methods for getting Public Works Projects suggested
• ability to relocate permanent structures (Town Hall, Plaza, Re-Tail, Caf?, etc.—would be very expensive)
• bigger tree in the plaza with more events and activities taking place there
• bring over facilities from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Villagers
• new species
• up to but no more than 20 resident villagers in one town
• more games and other interesting interactions
• more dialogue scenarios
• have jobs at various new and old locations in town
- public works projects increase town employment which is part of town satisfaction
- player can set up farm/orchard and hire villagers to automatically collect and sell the yield at the cost of a cut of the profit
• camera angle changes to a side view when outside (like it does when inside)

Houses
• bring customizable yards from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
• allow items to be centered on the grid like in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
• more advanced customization of house exterior
• realtime lighting through windows (shows actual town outside and sunlight lights the room more)
• ceiling furniture from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
• left stick controls camera angle in full 360? and zoom level (no more ‘stepping’ with the d-pad)

Inventory & Interface
• dedicated slots for tools
• unique icons for every unique item (no more generic icons for furniture, floor, shirt, music, etc.—perhaps generic shapes/color behind each icon to easily identify item category)
• slightly more detailed map showing locations of trees and paths
• upgrade for megaphone that shows roaming villager locations on the map
• ability to add transparent pixels in design patterns
• toggle to double the pixel dimensions of design patterns (because this Animal Crossing will be high definition)

Shops
• more jobs like the caf?
• bring designer job from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer as method to customize villager’s homes
• see price and item name above the item in front of the player
- symbol to mark an item that is already in the town’s T&T catalogue (would be next to item name)
• no generic item models (like with icons above, no generic floor, paper, and wall models)
• slightly reduced shopkeeper dialogue
• better catalogue search and organization

Museum
• return of observatory and constellations, but upgraded to a planetarium!
• one bigger room for each category (would look more visually impressive, especially going from empty to full)
• more modern, postmodern, and/or contemporary artwork!
• can now submit plants that go behind the museum into a botanical garden area

Plants
• more species of flowers and trees
• vines that grow up buildings
• more custom abilities for creating garden structures
• slight variation in shape and arrangement of plants of the same type (ex.: leaves and flowers in randomized directions)
• new farming mechanics

Collecting (Bugs, Fish, etc.)
• new category for rocks & minerals
– perhaps a mine could be a public works project that unlocks a large number of minerals exclusive to there (maybe some cave bugs are there too)
• encyclopedia provides more information for caught entries

Multiplayer & Communication
• support for split-screen gameplay on one system
• ability to mail friends in other towns through internet connection
• up to 8 players visiting town at the same time
• voice chat for online play (at least with friends)
• hotkey emotions with custom text to d-pad

Last edited:
I wish the villager list would be up to 20. There's so many villagers in the series now that even having a 15 villager limit is a bit low.

you've got to limit it somewhere though, and with 15, they're tying it back to the N64 original. It's why they've continued with 4 players despite the fact the 3DS is FAR more capable than N64 was for having more than 4.

-size differences (bigger and taller trees like in the anime)

-more depth in design (grass particles, leaves on the ground, visible fur on villagers)

-being able to change angles outside (just like inside your house)

-more hair options (longer hair, facial hair, being able to put hair up without going to shampoodle)

-bring back acres (if possible make the acres kind of curved? like hills? ive never really liked how they make the acres flat at the top but idk how else it would work without it being wanky so...)

-cars+vehicles (maybe some sort of usable bus stop that takes us to different areas in town where we've set up bus stops like public works projects, or takes us to places outside the town like mainstreet or the city)

-please make it so we're not eternally smiling...so goddamn creepy they do this with pokemon too

Last edited:
you've got to limit it somewhere though, and with 15, they're tying it back to the N64 original. It's why they've continued with 4 players despite the fact the 3DS is FAR more capable than N64 was for having more than 4.

How about just let the villager limit up to player 1?

Last edited:
-size differences (bigger and taller trees like in the anime)

YES! I think the challenge here though is making sure the trees aren’t so big you can’t see anything in a large area behind the tree. But I would love it if they found a solution to that. (Maybe a solution is an aggressive roll or fold of the world geometry below the frame, such that the tops of trees and buildings quickly point away from the camera as the player walks behind them.)

-more depth in design (grass particles, leaves on the ground, visible fur on villagers)

Yes! Though not sure about fur. Animal Crossing needs to be kept visually simple. This could be taken too far, but more detail in the right places adds a lot of visual interest.

-being able to change angles outside (just like inside your house)

I’m not sure about this one. Some things are better simple. This would make hunting for bugs a new kind of pain and would force players to manage the camera which doesn’t make sense for games that aren’t about action.

-please make it so we're not eternally smiling...so goddamn creepy they do this with pokemon too

This would be a great change. I’d be nice if our characters had more dynamic expressions in general, such as eyes that can actually move and look at specific points of interest. (At least the smiling in Animal Crossing doesn’t come across anywhere near as weird as it does in Pok?mon! lol)

This is a bit random but I think a future AC should maybe allow Gyroids as something you can donate to the museum. Unless you collect them, they don't serve a ton of purpose, but some museum rooms full of Gyroids would be cool. While it may not be something you can give a factual description of, it's an interesting item you dig out of the ground just like fossils.

Last edited:
- Return of the note in a bottle
omfg boy we need the note in the bottle back holy moly

- lower the amount of seabass i find everytime i go fishing :(
AHAHAHHA *bows* true

- - - Post Merge - - -

This would be a great change. I’d be nice if our characters had more dynamic expressions in general, such as eyes that can actually move and look at specific points of interest. (At least the smiling in Animal Crossing doesn’t come across anywhere near as weird as it does in Pok?mon! lol)

I mean I also agree but this would mean that ac would have to almost become like a 3D world , which imo will be cringy because i feel like everybody obviously likes the old animal crossings better, it would ruin things advancing it all... + i also think everyone forgets you can do emotes (lol)

Last edited:
DRAGON VILLAGERS PLEASE

i need a dragon villager named puff since my town's name is Hana Lee

I mean I also agree but this would mean that ac would have to almost become like a 3D world , which imo will be cringy because i feel like everybody obviously likes the old animal crossings better, it would ruin things advancing it all... + i also think everyone forgets you can do emotes (lol)
In an earlier post I argued against giving the player camera control. We don't dissagree in terms of turning Animal Crossing into a third-person game. However, Animal Crossing has always been 3D, so I'm not 100% sure I follow you.

Dynamic character expressions could be achieved in Animal Crossing without changing anything else in the game, so I'm not sure I follow you there either. The game is already rendered in 3D. All the animators would have to do is add rulesets to the character's animations that interact with specified points in the 3D world. This wouldn't change the way Animal Crossing is played at all.

And I'm not talking about emotes. I'm talking about subtler details than that making the character animations appear more natural and contextual. Simple details like the pupils of the eyes being able to move independent of the head, different walking animations for different ground surfaces, turning of the head to look at a bug while walking past it—things like that.

Last edited:
Cliffs or 'layers' i guess to the town, like in the first Animal Crossing, and more villager personalities and dialogue!

First and foremost, I'd like a graphical overhaul. The game should look like the Mario Kart 8 Animal Crossing track or take a page off the Wind Waker. Be gone rolling effect where the horizon is bent!

My wishlist for an Animal Crossing game on the Switch. Hmm, let me think of a couple of things.
Right, here we go:

• Improved Villager Dialogue - in previous Animal Crossing games the dialogue was a lot better and not as repetitive as it is in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Moreover, the Villagers in previous games actually represented their personalities, whereas in Animal Crossing New Leaf, for example the crankies don't seem as mean anymore.

• Better Path Layout - The ability to perhaps look at a grid version of your map and draw with your stylus around
    the map to automatically plot the path that you would like instead of the tedious method we have at the moment.

• Increased Villager Limit. (12 would do.) - Self explanatory.

• Being the Mayor again - Loved this feature. Got to have more Public Works Projects, too. Also more Ordinances would be great too, because that feature felt very limited.

• Return of Town to Town Mail sending.- Why on Earth they didn't return this feature from City Folk/Let's Go to the City is beyond me. It doesn't make any sense that if you want to send a letter to another town you actually have to go to their town and give the letter to their Post Office. It was great to send cross-town letters attached with a present as a nice surprise.

That's about all I can offer at the moment! I shall return if I think of any more.

Last edited:
being able to put things outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also better online features

Back