• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wishlist for an Animal Crossing on the Switch?

Mimikyu

Pudding
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
What are some of your wants for an Animal Crossing on the Switch? I would love to have the villager limit bumped back up to 15. There are so many villagers I love that I don't have room for :( Cherry, Static, Punchy, Daisy, Felicity
I would also love it if they allowed more than one ordinance

Last edited:
I wish the villager list would be up to 20. There's so many villagers in the series now that even having a 15 villager limit is a bit low.

• bushes with berries
• snake, lizard, and/or gecko villagers
• major increase of villager limit
• more diverse personalities
• make villagers less soft, because new leaf watered down snooty villagers
• skin complexion customization

Definitely a bigger town size. It would be cool if it was the size of the map in HHD, but all the areas were connected. (omg desert so cool. or hot)
I would also enjoy the return of Serena.

But most of all, I would love to create my own shop.
So Tom Nook will let you place a building somewhere, and you can customize it.
Since there will probably be a higher villager cap, you can hire one to work there.
You can order furniture which will be delivered by the train, and you can even create your own furniture and clothes after befriending Gracie and the Able sisters.
And you can also help your villagers set up there own shops, like cafes and the like, and a cool feature for a restaurant would be a varying object tile, where either a certain item will appear randomly in that space, so food will be different each day,

Maybe more friends in your town at once? Animal Crossing: Festival without amiibo? Big ol' party? Boom!

Also, cooking would be cool. And more design storage.

tbh the main thing i want to see is animal crossing in hd. we've already seen what it could look like in hd in amiibo festival, and it looks really good. i've love to see a main series animal crossing game look like that, or even better! if we do get an animal crossing game for the switch, it'd almost certainly be in hd, which is great :D

i also really want a way to decide whether villagers will have their houses, because there's so many people, including me, that hate how villager house placement in new leaf is random.

another thing i'd really like is the option to prevent villagers/timmy/tommy/etc. from telling you how to do stuff or asking you if you want to know how to do stuff. i know in new leaf it's for the new players so they know what do to, but it's so annoying when timmy/tommy asks you if you want to know how to use a tool or something every time you buy one, even if you've been playing for like 3+ years so you already know. it'd just be nice to have the option to turn stuff like that off once you know how to play the game.

another thing i'd like is the ability to customise our face/hair/skin colour etc. at the start and whenever we want, like in hhd.

i also want the character limit on player and town names to be increased, and also perhaps something that'll give you ideas on what to call your town. i've always struggled to think of a good name for my towns, so having something like that would be nice.

also i'd like to see berries in the game that grow on bushes, more villager personalities, the ability to play as an animal... i think i've mentioned more than enough things, so i'll just stop right here XD

Last edited:
Pretty much all of the above. And maybe some sort of way to determine where a villager might put their house (because as someone new to plot resetting, I've found that it's a tedious job).

I assume they'll do this, but amiibo/welcone amiibo comoatibility. I seriously will get the system just for the game.

- a toolbox of some sort so I don't have to keep my tools in my mail
- A LOT of extra storage, at least a thousand
- a way to organise furniture in the catalogue (beds, tables, kitchen items, etc)
- smarter villagers that can actually interact with the world, more intuitive dialogue and actions, and individual dialogue (as in, every villager has different dialogue, because it's boring that all jocks say the same thing, etc)
- more villager games! Hide and seek is fun, but there should be others too
- be able to put furniture outdoors
- a way to tell if you have already catalogued an item before
- better character customisation (skin colour, more hair options, etc)
- being able to centre furniture like in HHD
- bigger town, wider beach, 20 villager cap
- having some form of authority on where villagers move their houses
- public works projects on the beach
- being able to rotate patterns so paths don't take up so much pattern space, a better way to lay paths without having to keep going into the menu, and more than 10 useable patterns
- not having to view an item in a store to see what it is (flower seeds, bush starts, floors, wallpapers)
- less dialogue in the shops when selecting items
- not being so strict with pwp/house placements
- smaller event plaza (it's just a waste of space, as it is now)
- add ceiling furniture like in HHD

There's more, but I think I've overdone it. :p

I think a lot of the things I'd like have already been mentioned, but here's what I'd like to see (even if it's just a couple of them):
- 15 villager limit
- More varied dialogue and stronger personalities (I mean villagers are a pretty big part of the game)
- The ability to send letters over Wi-Fi, rather than having to be in the other person's town
- Return of the note in a bottle
- Acorn festival
- Drawing faces on Blanca
- The attic from WW/CF
- Observatory
- Okay I think it's fair to say I miss a lot of features from the older games
- Ceiling furniture
- More techy items like the games consoles from the fortune cookies, Gameboy furniture from HHD and console themed DLC from CF
- More weather effects maybe like falling leaves similar to the cherry blossoms in April? Or even if it's just something small like the bright orange sunsets or cumulonimbus clouds that happen sometimes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think a lot of the things I'd like have already been mentioned, but here's what I'd like to see (even if it's just a couple of them):
- 15 villager limit
- More varied dialogue and stronger personalities (I mean villagers are a pretty big part of the game)
- The ability to send letters over Wi-Fi, rather than having to be in the other person's town
- Return of the note in a bottle
- Acorn festival
- Drawing faces on Blanca
- The attic from WW/CF
- Observatory
- Okay I think it's fair to say I miss a lot of features from the older games
- Ceiling furniture
- More techy items like the games consoles from the fortune cookies, Gameboy furniture from HHD and console themed DLC from CF
- More weather effects maybe like falling leaves similar to the cherry blossoms in April? Or even if it's just something small like the bright orange sunsets or cumulonimbus clouds that happen sometimes

I've already posted some of the things I want in another thread, but:

- All of the features from HHD brought over to the main game (ie: customizing your villager, ceiling decoration, new public areas like a hospital and school, furniture placement, decorating outdoors, etc.)
- A bigger town
- More villagers
- Not only being able to work at the Roost, but the possibility to dress animals at the Able Sisters store and design interiors at Nook homes
- Better/diverse interaction with villagers
- Being able to garden vegetables and sell them
- Bring back the observatory
- Bat and chinchilla villagers

• More than ten villagers in a town.
  • More jobs to choose from the just mayor.
  • 500+ villagers.
  • A much bigger town divided into sections(beach, city, etc.).
  • A new way of transportation from town to town.
  • Villagers to be more realistic and much more dialougue(maybe they could update it every week?)
  • Villagers can live on the island.

I'd love to see a new capture category for various "Critters" i.e. lizards, birds, mice, etc.

To anyone asking for the attic from WW/CF.
giphy.gif

1. Districts- The ability to place Houses/Businesses where we want. This could even just be simple categories such as Agriculture, Retail, and Residential.
2. Housing Density- The ability to toggle high or low density, which would determine the type of houses Villagers live in. If you want all Villagers that like Modern styles, why force them to have hamlet exteriors? People usually migrate to areas that suit their tastes (and employment). I don't see why the Villagers would be different.
3. More Public Works Projects.- Happy Home Designer covered this pretty well by introducing public buildings such as schools and hospitals.
4. Employment- I would like Villagers to work as they do in HHD. They would either take a job in the Public or Private Sector depending on what is available. The ones that come with businesses could apply for permits before they move to your town. The type of businesses would depend on how much space you devote in a District.
5. More Australian Species- I think the Koalas and Kangaroos are wonderful. I think more Australian animals would be fun to have.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a new capture category for various "Critters" i.e. lizards, birds, mice, etc.

To anyone asking for the attic from WW/CF.
giphy.gif

If they do bring it back then they should change the attic to be different and more customizable. Also, you'd be able to change some options while in the attic such as sound. Just make it so we still have the ability to save anywhere.

- The ability to place sign posts that determine where villagers can movie.
- 20+ villagers in a village at once.
- More species of villagers (lizards???).
- Customize hair/skin/hair colour at the start of the game.
- More amiibo compatibility (like, scanning Mario will give you his overalls, scanning Fire Emblem amiibo will give you Fire Emblem items).
- More events!!
- New hourly themes (I'm obsessed with them).
- The ability to wear 2 facial accessories at once.
- Items outside (albeit rather limited).
- Probably won't happen, but give each villager their own dialogue.
- More games and island tours.
- Ceiling furniture.
- Ability to send letters to friends over WiFi.
- Ability to plant crops and harvest them, then sell them (Harvest Moon/Stardew style lol).
That's all I can think of at the moment. Too much? lol.

More pattern space.

I especially want to be able to display furniture outside. ( Like in HHD).

Birds. I want to catch different kinds with my net, and donate to the museum or display in my house.

Back