• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wishlist for an Animal Crossing on the Switch?

I would absolutely love some more PWP's, just honestly being able to make your town a little more unique would be great.
On the same topic, having more layout options in general. Such as having one beach instead of two we currently have (just have the river go down the first waterfall and let it flow out of your town, or into the campsite we now have).

And maybe up the villager limit, only if they expand the map, or being able to say no to more villagers moving in (I sometimes think my town looks good with 8 villagers, I really don't want to try and make room for another one).

You know what would be cool?

Having a trading system implemented whenever you interact with other players whether the other player is in your town, you're in the other player's town, or both in an area where communicating is available. That way you can reassure less scams and have the consent of both parties.

For me, the biggest thing would be more character dialogue. I'm getting tired of hearing Marshal say the same thing three or four times a day when I talk to him!

Wish you could hang items on the ceiling like in HHD and the option to skip dialogues.

To be honest, Animal Crossing is due for a complete overhaul on the level of what Breath of the Wild is doing for the Zelda series. I want a game that looks good.

I want to have a bigger/smaller town tune by choice, I also want to have a bigger set of notes including sharps. I don't like how they have to be random.
A new villager personality would be cute like shyness. I hope there's more freedom into decorating your town too, I don't like how saplings and shoots die when they're too close to a building, river, etc. it gets rather irritating. I know there's a glitch that if you hack and make stumps on the edge of cliffs and rivers however I'm sure they could patch that easily.
It's kind of useless but I also really want strawberries and blueberries as fruit.
I don't like how the new storage room is "secret" either. I hope they just make a much bigger inventory next time.

I feel like the amiibo cards need to either be re-issued with new packaging, or just release a new series speicifcally for the Switch game. Animal Crossing has proven that the cards are a real moneymaker as they are harder to find than the figures! With Switch confirmed to have compatibility with amiibos again, it only makes sense to stick with the cards. I think they'll rearrange all of the series and make a new series of cards specifically for the "Switch" version of AC. This way, if we get new/returning villagers, they'll have their own card too. I'm just wondering how they'll go about it for the next iteration of the game.

Also, I want to see Villagers do more stuff in town. Before, like in the GCN version, you'd see villagers randomly pop out of their homes. You don't even see them leave their houses unless you take them to their house and then leave. I'd also like to see them do stuff like excercise, lean against a tree and read a book, strike up group conversations with other villagers, jump rope, paint, etc. Also, I think the mayor thing was brilliant and they should bring that back, but I also think you should assign villagers with various jobs around town, like one or more villagers water plants, another one gathers fruit for you, another one collects petitions etc.

More PWP is also welcomed. I think Main Street should be expanded to include all of the buildings from HHD, the villager jobs from those buildings, and you should be able to decorate the outside of your town similar to how you could decorate outside your Villager homes in HHD.

I'd like to see vegetation like carrots, lettuce, onions, rutabagas, cucumbers, etc. being grown and a yield of 4, but sold at a cheaper price than fruit, but it also grows faster than fruit. We can till certain areas of land to create a brown patch that allows you to plant seeds which will grow vegetables.

In terms of Villager count, I think all villagers from ACNL:WA should come back, plus the remaining cut villagers, as well as many new ones. So many around 500 sounds right. At the very least, give us Champ back lol.

I think if there is to be a new animal type, it should be for NPC purposes to run the transportation. We've had Porter do the train and trolley (he loves trains), and Kapp'n captained a bus and a taxi. It only seems fitting for the play to arrive by air, either by hot air balloon, jet plane, or helicopter. Thus, the new species of bats would be perfect for the role of working at an airport. I know people would prefer bats as a standard Villager type, but I feel as though we have enough species and I am just throwing out ideas here.

I think the village size should be huge and immersive like BOTW, but comparatively, we need a system of transportation to get to point A to point B like in BOTW or GTA where you can skip having to travel a long distance and fade to black and fade back in once you've arrived, or make it more cartoony and in AC fashion. It's hard to explain what I am talking about. I think they call this a "waypoint" system? Isabelle has a scooter called a Daytripper, so maybe she'll let you borrow it to travel.

Villagerpedia. Think of it like a PokeDex, but for Villagers. Entries are obtained through villagers you meet who move into your town, visit your campsite, meet through a Dream Town or meet in a friend's village. You get rewards to completing a specific group or species, and the Villagerpedia can also be used as a way to communicate like a phone book to either say hello or invite them to move into your town.

The campsite might be slightly different. I don't know if returning to RVs would be best, but if not, then Harvey should run a separate campsite with four tents, a campfire and other stuff as well as items for sale at his cabin. I think if RVs do return, they should be for the old figures and cards and not the new ones, if they make new ones that is.

Last edited:
It only seems fitting for the play to arrive by air, either by hot air balloon, jet plane, or helicopter. Thus, the new species of bats would be perfect for the role of working at an airport.

In HHD, Rover mentioned that he hasn't been on an airplane before but not because he's scared of air travel but because he simply just hasn't. Could this be foreshadowing a possible feature in the next game?

Isabelle has a scooter called a Daytripper, so maybe she'll let you borrow it to travel.

Where is this scooter mentioned in the series? I haven't seen it at all.

We need a system of transportation to get to point A to point B like in GTA where you can skip having to travel a long distance and fade to black and fade back in once you've arrived.

*accidentally presses the button/key to jump out of the airplane instead of the trip skip button/key and I don't have a parachute*
CJ: I HATE GRAVITY!!
*hits the ground*
CJ: EUUAGH!
*Wasted*

I feel like the amiibo cards need to either be re-issued with new packaging, or just release a new series speicifcally for the Switch game. Animal Crossing has proven that the cards are a real moneymaker as they are harder to find than the figures! With Switch confirmed to have compatibility with amiibos again, it only makes sense to stick with the cards. I think they'll rearrange all of the series and make a new series of cards specifically for the "Switch" version of AC. This way, if we get new/returning villagers, they'll have their own card too. I'm just wondering how they'll go about it for the next iteration of the game.

Please no. Release maybe a new series to include more villagers but I will be pissed if they redo all the cards to be specific for the Switch version. That would be incredibly unfair to the people who collected all the original amiibo cards already.

I'm sure all of the old cards will be compatible, I'm just saying they'll reprint/reissue them again in a new series for those that missed out on buying them. With the success of New Leaf, they'll need the cards to really promote the new game and the Switch-Amiibo connectivity.

1. The return every villager return in the next game along with some new ones.
2. A vacation mode, where you can stay at a resort for a few days with a villager of your choice.
3. More edible items, like real meals and drinks.
4. Less strict PWP rules.
5. More player customization.
6. Ability to freely choose which part of your home to upgrade first, instead of being forced to have an attic as the first upgrade.
7. Ability to downgrade your home, should you feel the need to.
8. New shops.
9. Restaurants would be cool to see.
10. Perhaps an option to be able to place down where houses can go, but have random plotting accessible for those who aren't OCD about house placement.
11. Better villager interactions to objects and each other, like waving to their friends, using PWPs, reading books, eating food, etc.
12. More event days.
13. Dialogue unique to each villager.
14. New PWPs for different themes.
15. And lastly, I hope they don't have towns on top of a cliff again...

New species:
- Bats
- Geckos
- Turtles
- Toy villagers! They look like stuffed animals (think along the lines of Stitches but one or two of each species)
- SEALS!!!!!

- Higher villager limit
- MUCH larger village
- Designated area where the villager's houses go (like an actual street or something so it doesn't ruin your town)
- More diverse plants
- Possibly biomes and districts?
- The cute front gardens like in HHD should be added to the player's and villager's homes!
- Caves maybe? Maybe mining for a wider array of minerals to put into the museum
- Maybe we can also be in charge of the interior of villagers like in HHD too? That would be neat
- More bag space and able to keep minimum 20 custom designs, I don't want to have to make mules just for custom designs!!
- Better villager interactions (better speech, games, etc)
- More minigames like the 3DS and Wii U ones
- Better character customisation (i.e. no picking random phrases with Rover at the start, though I do want Rover to be implimented somehow!)
- Allow Rover to be a villager through the amibo cards!
- Smaller furniture placing grid like in HHD
- Bigger/wider beach so we can actually DO something with it
- Allow public work projects to be placed in smaller spaces (i.e. you don't need to have a massive space to plot a tiny building!)
- A way to tell if you already have an item in your catalog
- Ceiling items like HHD
- Smaller event plaza, its ugly
- Pop up shops and stalls (e.g. fish and chip stall on the beach every sunday or whatever)
- Messages in bottles o:
- Weather like thunder, storms, etc
- Green house where you can plant veggies and stuff!!
- A more fleshed out way of working at The Roost (e.g. like a cooking type of minigame)
- Basically more job types things like the home designer or barista
- Villagers having little jobs O:
- Maybe a hotel on the island that acts like the campsite?
- Ability to catch more stuff like small creatures o:
- Make unorderables ORDERABLE!!!
- Bring back observatory but do something neat with it. Like you have to find constellations for Katrina or something... Who knows.
- Bring back the bus stop as well as the main street so there's more shops and places to explore
- Crafting stuff.. Like bouquets of flowers, food from the fish etc
- A spa building?
- Restaurant building!
- CARNIVAL??? LIKE A FAIRGROUND?? OMG. YES PLEASE.

Last edited:
-Improved graphics similar to either Amiibo Festival or the AC race track map on Mario Kart.
-Placing villagers houses where we want
-Villagers can move out if mayor chooses to (so no random moving out)
-Moving PWPs and furniture like in HHD grid
-More hairstyles
-More mini games to have with friends
-Outdoor furniture like HHD
-More dialogue within villagers
-Cuter/more pastel villagers
-Increase map size and villager cap
-bushes with berries and roses
-skin tone selection
-increased inventory space or storage boxes like tool box/garden bag/etc
-a way to see if you have already catalogued an item
-PWPs on beach (ie light house)
-More pattern slots
-fishing enhancements (see make believe animal crossing episode on youtube)
-more camera angles
-better lighting and shading

- - - Post Merge - - -

-Improved graphics similar to either Amiibo Festival or the AC race track map on Mario Kart.
-Placing villagers houses where we want
-Villagers can move out if mayor chooses to (so no random moving out)
-Moving PWPs and furniture like in HHD grid
-More hairstyles
-More mini games to have with friends
-Outdoor furniture like HHD
-More dialogue within villagers
-Cuter/more pastel villagers
-Increase map size and villager cap
-bushes with berries and roses
-skin tone selection
-increased inventory space or storage boxes like tool box/garden bag/etc
-a way to see if you have already catalogued an item
-PWPs on beach (ie light house)
-More pattern slots
-fishing enhancements (see make believe animal crossing episode on youtube)
-more camera angles
-better lighting and shading

Customizable pants
12 - 15 villager limit
The cliffs should make a come back.
Skin tone selection or that mess they do on the train at the start lol
Pwp rotations (that is if we have the ability to do this later down the line)
Better game grid
More shops
Better multiplayer stuff. Like more than 3 people and online meet up points rather than town to town.

Some other stuff too, but this was from the top of my head.

I would literally give anything for villagers to stop giving basic advice after the first week. I would love for the first conversation with villagers to be about taking pictures and other basic tasks. But I DO NOT need that when it's my millionth conversation and the villager just gives me random basic advice.

I would also love to be able to place houses but that's obvious.

at this point I'll be happy if they just release it in 2016 like come on nintendo it's been like 5 years since acnl please......
lol but seriously the #1 I'd like is for them to bring back the sass the villagers had in the older games, like it meant so much more befriending villagers who only called you a loser before lol... also it'd be nice if the villagers interacted more with each other.

I do wonder what they'll do about streetpassing and QR codes though, since there's no camera built into the switch like there was for the 3ds...

Wishlist:

1. More villager space!
2. More pwps
3. More furniture
4. More storage
5. Customizations for pwp or different colors
6. More storage with patterns
7. More flowers
8. Let the villagers have more to talk about!

That's it for my wishlist. :)

I've been playing more New Leaf lately, and I keep thinking about how nice it would be if we could "Equip" patterns and then place them with the press of a button. It's such a chore to place a few patterns, close the pattern screen, waddle over a few spaces, open the pattern screen, place more patterns, etc. I wish I could just hold the pattern and drop it with the press of a button without having to re-select it every time I move.

Back