• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros What character would you like to see in Smash?

I liked the idea someone had on Starmen.net that Duster could be a new MOTHER/Earthbound rep that wouldn't be an echo fighter (in MOTHER 3 He doesn't use PSI and attacks with status inducing tools like the paralysis causing "wall staplers" or the disorienting "Siren beetle"). He doesn't appear with the rest of the MOTHER 3 Party in Lucas' PK Starstorm, which was used as evidence they're saving him for something. Though if that were case it's awkward they didn't retool Lucas' throws to not use his rope snake.

And I agree that Pheonix Wright needs to get in and there's no longer an excuse.

Last edited:
Isaac (Golden Sun). I've wanted him in the series ever since I first played Golden Sun back in 2002. He is just such a perfect fit for SSB and has so many unique options for a moveset. It's been so sad to see him passed over for both of the last two Super Smash Bros games.

I was rooting for Duster to make it in. He would be a very cool fighter. Everyone wants Ninten or Kumatora, but they're so alike (especially Ninten) with the use of their PSI. I wouldn't put it pass them to make Ninten an echo of Ness. They'd literally only need to alter the hat and put a bandana on him.

But Duster would be a close-hand fast man of action who has a limp, but is somehow able to kick the best of them. I don't know what they would all do for him, but I see his playstyle similar to Sheik. Only him not being so flip-floppy like a fish out of water.

Anyway, I said it before, I'll say it again. Paper Mario.

I was rooting for Duster to make it in. He would be a very cool fighter. Everyone wants Ninten or Kumatora, but they're so alike (especially Ninten) with the use of their PSI. I wouldn't put it pass them to make Ninten an echo of Ness. They'd literally only need to alter the hat and put a bandana on him.

But Duster would be a close-hand fast man of action who has a limp, but is somehow able to kick the best of them. I don't know what they would all do for him, but I see his playstyle similar to Sheik. Only him not being so flip-floppy like a fish out of water.

Anyway, I said it before, I'll say it again. Paper Mario.

As I said back on the first page, I'd prefer Duster over Kumatora as well because of the more unique moveset with the Thief Tools and kicking, but I think the leg is the issue. We know he has a limp, but by the nature of the gameplay of Mother games, we have no idea how he actually uses it in combat. It seems like it would be awkward not only figuring out a style that works but that also doesn't ruffle any feathers. It would be cool to see them figure something out, but it does seem like a hurdle they'd rather avoid entirely.

Kumatora I'd like to see because, even though it's just another PSI-user, we'd have the potential to see PK Ground in action. Jeff would've been cool to see with his various gadgets if he weren't an Assist Trophy. And yeah, Ninten has a decent chance.

Back