• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros What character would you like to see in Smash?

Lovebat

Strangelette
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I know that things like the Smash Ballot exist, but I was wondering what you guys think.

What video game character would you want in Smash?

Personally, I would want Ninten from Mother in Smash...because I love the Mother series. It's my 3rd favourite next to AC and Pok?mon.

What about you guys?

Last edited:
Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Nintendo has messed with him so much, giving him a trophy, being in Robin's final smash, and Mii costume. I think he should be a character.

It's time, Nintendo! Don't let his dreams be dreams!

It's time for Cooking Mama to take the heat out of the kitchen and into the arena.

I would like to see these characters show up in a Super Smash Bros. game in the future.

Hector from Fire Emblem 7 or Ephraim from Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones: The only characters used as representation of the Fire Emblem series in Smash Bros. so far all use swords. Fire Emblem characters also have lances, axes, bows, and magic to utilize. Robin covers magic, but we haven't gotten axes, lances, or bows yet.

Hector and Ephraim are good candidates because they're both Lords (main characters) of their respective games. Hector uses an axe and Ephraim uses a lance. As much as I love to play as Ike and Marth, it would be nice to see more of the weaponry utilized. Plus, if people knew who they were, it might even boost sales of their games on the Virtual Console.

It's a shame the mounted units would be too complex to work into the game. That would open up some good characters too.

Shantae: She has a lot of potential to be an interesting Smash Bros. character due to her animal transformations, and she also has the taunts covered since she dances to transform.

Despite being third party and branching out to other platforms in recent times, the Shantae series originated on the Game Boy Color and each installment of the series has been on a Nintendo console. Also, since her series is branching out to other consoles now, she is gaining more recognition. She would be a good fit for the game as far as third parties go.

Kumatora from Mother 3: It would be nice to have another female character to choose from and she could use PK Ground as a Final Smash. It would also be interesting to have a Mother character who isn't the main character be playable. I'd honestly prefer Duster to be in Smash Bros. because of his Thief Tools, but I don't know how they would go about showing his kicking attacks since he has a bum leg.

Waluigi: Waluigi Numbah Wahn!

Last edited:
I want to see Bandanna Waddle Dee, Incineroar, And Mario Kart 8 Villager with 2 blades. (Don't like the idea? Well I want it...) Oh, and Shantae too.

Last edited:
hector from fire emblem rekka no ken or ephraim from fe sacred stones
nicer to see an axe and a lance user instead of another sword character

Any character not Fire Emblem, that's for sure.

I'd like to see Prince Sable go from Assist Trophy to an actual playable character. And they should also add Medusa from Kid Icarus. You know, more villains.

Shovel Knight. I even checked Yacht Club Games' Facebook page, and they were salty that Bayonetta won the ballot.

Exhibit A: saltyacht.jpg

I would love to see a character from Ace Attorney... though they were in some sort of fighting game already and I think it's unlikely any characters will be in smash, but I can hope!!
Phoenix Wright would be the given, since he's the main character, but I think it'd be fun to be able to play as like the Steel Samurai, since that's a character that would make sense fighting.

For Mario.... I really wanna see Daisy and Waluigi. Daisy's always been my main when it comes to Mario Kart (excluding 8) and Mario Party.

Also, since Undertale is coming to consoles (right?) and has an official Japanese translation, it'd be fun to see some characters in Smash. It's fun to entertain the idea :p but considering its popularity I wouldn't be surprised!!

I'm not a fan of Splatoon but I'm sure it'll be soon enough before there'll be a character from there.

Last edited:
GENO PLEASEEEE i know square enix technically owns him or whatever but they let cloud ior whatever his name was n so Please he would be rlly good to play w/ considering his gun arm fkjfhkfj

also ephraim would be cool since he has a spear, but maybe azura or a manakete?

I really would love to see a Johto Pokemon trainer. I want to play as Croconaw!!

Last edited:
I am curious if they would be willing to put in older Fire Emblem characters based on FE Heroes' popularity. Playing as Lyn in Smash Bros would be amazing, and would easily be one of my new mains.

And as the old meme goes, #Ridley4Smash

Definitely Viridi from Kid Icarus: Uprising (and a new Kid Icarus game for the Switch too please!)

I'd like to see Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the four champions from Breath of the Wild.

No sign of them, so maybe an option for future DLC?

Decidueye or Incineroar from Pokemon. I think both would be fit as a character for Smash, especially
since Decidueye is already a playable character in Pokemon Tournament DX.

Octolings as Echo Fighters for the Inklings would be nice too.

Interesting would be also to see Isabelle as a figther. "Ok mayor, everything is done! Now excuse me
please, I have to go kick some butts", lol.

King K. Rool, I've wanted him ever since Melee. I think it would also be cool to see Captain Syrup over any WarioWare characters, despite perhaps being an odd choice.

Back