• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Donald Trump's cabinet picks

Didn't you say you were done with this thread

I didn't know you were me and making decisions for me. If you're that upset that put me in your ignore list.

I didn't know you were me and making decisions for me. If you're that upset that put me in your ignore list.

lol I just think its silly that you said you were done with this thread and you're here again

whatever floats your boat bud.

You misinterpreted. That was for the night or till' I cool off because I'm not going to attack children. .-.

You misinterpreted. That was for the night or till' I cool off because I'm not going to attack children. .-.

To me it just sounds like you're too stubborn to stop but whatever. You do whatever you want i won't stop you

- - - Post Merge - - -

To me it just sounds like you're too stubborn to stop but whatever. You do whatever you want i won't stop you

And here we go again, folks...

Can you please just leave me alone on this forum? It's supposed to be relaxing, not triggering.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1) Trump’s private jet flew a seriously ill jewish boy from California to New York for medical treatment.
2) The time that Donald Trump saved Ed McMahon’s house by purchasing it and allowing Ed to continue living in it.

3) Trump has donated his money to several health organizations including the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, Alliance for Lupus Research, Autism Speaks, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, and many more.

4) Donald Trump called on the family at its home after their son, Ryan White, died of AIDS at age 18.

5) He saved an ice skating rink in Central Park by taking over the over – budget project, and finishing the rink by Christmas time for free. He was two months ahead of schedule, and $750,000 under budget. He also operated the ice skating rink for a year, and donated all profits to charity.

6) Donald Trump and Mel Farr teamed up to help young Detroit artists Appear at Carnegie Hall.

7) Donald Trump kept the Harlem Hoops program alive after learning the man who ran it was killed during the September 11th attacks.

8) How Trump Fought Antisemitism and Racism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago

9) Barbara Res, at 33 years old became the first women to ever be put in charge of supervising the construction of a skyscraper, when Donald Trump hired her in 1980.

10) Donald Trump’s flagpole got fined $1250 per day, but sued the city citing the 1st amendment. Eventually they cut a deal ($100,000) that benefited Iraq War Veterans, the American flag and/or the local VA hospital.

11) After Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and nephew were murdered, Trump sheltered her and her family at the Trump International Hotel & Tower free of charge.

12) Trump offered a $10,000 reward to the Buffalo bus driver who stopped a young woman from leaping off a bridge to her death in 2013.

13) Donald Trump was on ground zero after the September 11th attacks. He sent over 200 of his own people to look for survivors in the wreckage.

14) Donald J. Trump and his siblings gave a $1 million gift to the hospital that treated their parents.

Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for in the past, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.
The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced & gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don't care that Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, the Bush's, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic and Republican Party. We're angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid politicians with their self serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phony pay for play Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to change the direction we're taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

One Youtube comment. Find the video here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9FPbgeQFvY

Can you please just leave me alone on this forum? It's supposed to be relaxing, not triggering.

The problem is, politics is one of those subjects people couldn't get along on, especially in a time of polarization. So anything can easily offend them, even if you voice your opinion respectfully. I also think people are still mad at the election results and how people would vote Trump even after his poor behavior in the election and in the past. It's more than the cabinet members he picked, the repeal of Obamacare (which is already happening), and the plans on blocking Syrian refugees and building a wall on Mexico's northern border. People have been used to all of the social progresses that have happened, and the Republicans have dominated the federal government and state governments. A lot of these progresses may be reversed or facing new challenges. An example of the former is that Roe v Wade would be overturned, granting states more rights to limit abortion. An example of the latter is that same-sex marriage will remain legal nationwide, but churches, bakeries, flourists, and wedding coordinators can refuse serving a same-sex wedding to avoid violating their religious beliefs without getting legal trouble. It's not just about Trump, it's the fact that Republicans that oppose the popular social issues have won the election. Sorry if you're not feeling comfortable, but politics is always going to cause drama online in this time and age.

Last edited:
The problem is, politics is one of those subjects people couldn't get along on, especially in a time of polarization. So anything can easily offend them, even if you voice your opinion respectfully. I also think people are still mad at the election results and how people would vote Trump even after his poor behavior in the election and in the past. It's more than the cabinet members he picked, the repeal of Obamacare (which is already happening), and the plans on blocking Syrian refugees and building a wall on Mexico's northern border. People have been used to all of the social progresses that have happened, and the Republicans have dominated the federal government and state governments. A lot of these progresses may be reversed or facing new challenges. An example of the former is that Roe v Wade would be overturned, granting states more rights to limit abortion. An example of the latter is that same-sex marriage will remain legal nationwide, but churches, bakeries, flourists, and wedding coordinators can refuse serving a same-sex wedding to avoid violating their religious beliefs without getting legal trouble. It's not just about Trump, it's the fact that Republicans that oppose the popular social issues have won the election. Sorry if you're not feeling comfortable, but politics is always going to cause drama online in this time and age.

2. I just feel like he's being overly-obnoxious on purpose.
3. Private businesses have the right. It's their business.
4. The KKK originated from the democratic party. Republicans aren't against social progress as their out-to-be.
5. The wall isn't racist.
6. Repealing Obamacare is good.
7. Abortion should be allowed in special cases if the Mother's life is in danger of if she was raped by a heartless ape.
8. His cabinet picks are fine. Ben Carson was a good choice. Chao was Bill Clinton's secretary of labor... so that shows he's looking at everyone and everything.

The only thing I have a problem with is Roe V. Wade and he can't overturn Roe V. Wade

4. The KKK originated from the democratic party. Republicans aren't against social progress as their out-to-be.
7. Abortion should be allowed in special cases if the Mother's life is in danger of if she was raped by a heartless ape.
8. His cabinet picks are fine. Ben Carson was a good choice. Chao was Bill Clinton's secretary of labor... so that shows he's looking at everyone and everything.

The only thing I have a problem with is Roe V. Wade and he can't overturn Roe V. Wade

2. I'm not sure what you mean
3. I agree on this.
4. When I was referring to social progresses, I meant like social issues such as political correctness, same-sex marriage, abortion, bathroom issue, and investigating police departments for racism.
5. I agree, but I was trying to add what people are upset about after the election.
6. I also agree. But repealing it is not popular on gaming sites or social media (where it's liberal-dominant).
7. I agree to this too.
8. Better than Obama's IMO

If you have strong right-wing bias, I can get along pretty easily. I am more right-winged in general, and I agree with what the Republicans say. However, I am in support of legalizing same-sex marriage mainly to get it out of politics rather than to keep people debating on it.

Even if I don't think Trump is great, any Republican is better than the Democrats that ran for president this year. I am more of a Cruz supporter, who has extreme views on the right wing, despite being less intolerant than Trump.

2. I'm not sure what you mean
3. I agree on this.
4. When I was referring to social progresses, I meant like social issues such as political correctness, same-sex marriage, abortion, bathroom issue, and investigating police departments for racism.
5. I agree, but I was trying to add what people are upset about after the election.
6. I also agree. But repealing it is not popular on gaming sites or social media (where it's liberal-dominant).
7. I agree to this too.
8. Better than Obama's IMO

If you have strong right-wing bias, I can get along pretty easily. I am more right-winged in general, and I agree with what the Republicans say. However, I am in support of legalizing same-sex marriage mainly to get it out of politics rather than to keep people debating on it.

Even if I don't think Trump is great, any Republican is better than the Democrats that ran for president this year. I am more of a Cruz supporter, who has extreme views on the right wing, despite being less intolerant than Trump.

To number 4... police departments aren't racist. BLM is racist as the KKK.
Bathroom issue I go against... mostly.
Republicans care more about the economy than same-sex marriage. There are more support for LGBT from republicans tbh. It's slowly but surely.

Thanks for the link! It was an interesting watch, but it does make me wonder, why no coalition? In the Netherlands we have a similar system, but Leopard wouldn't have been able to rule with only 20% of the votes. She would have to work with other parties to secure 50% in order to get a majority. In the Netherlands everyone gets an amount of say in the Parliament based on the percentage of votes they got. Being the government with only 20% would result in you not getting anything done, because 80% is opposition. You'd have to work together to get anything done. It makes so much more sense to me than winner takes it all

So let me get this straight: You ardently support a guy who calls Hispanics rapists and killers, repeatedly insults and demeans women, and mocks disabled people and POWs, and then you complain about people being mean and nasty and triggering you on a politics thread?

So let me get this straight: You ardently support a guy who calls Hispanics rapists and killers, repeatedly insults and demeans women, and mocks disabled people and POWs, and then you complain about people being mean and nasty and triggering you on a politics thread?

It's not supporting Trump that causes people to get angry in general (even if it does). Right now, America more divided than it was during the Civil War. For this reason, politics, regardless of how respectful people post, will cause heated debates. It can also be triggering because, like I said, people are still upset at the election results. We now have to deal with him, knowing what he did wrong in the past and how extreme his foreign policy views are. Plus, there's Mike Pence, who believes in harsh methods of re-educating LGBT (especially in a time it's more controversial). And the government can now repeal obamacare and possibly take North Carolina's bathroom bill to a federal level because it's Republican dominant. Not saying that any of that is bad, but that's why people are still angry at the results. Just adding my 2 cents why politics is a triggering subject. So yes, supporting Trump will cause people to be angry, but so does supporting Obama.

Last edited:

The KKK having its roots in the Democratic party has absolutely nothing to do with the current members within the party. If you're going to ignore the history behind political realignments throughout American history, you're going to regurgitate statements with little to no merit in political discussions. That's the issue. On top of misleading news, we have people spreading inaccurate and misleading comments that do not advance discussion at all.

Do some research on the meaning of the word racism. You've been throwing it around a lot and you're continuously using it out of context and not even using it correctly. Trump's rhetoric on the wall is based in racist thought, and his portrayal of the Mexican people as rapists and criminals is a textbook example of racism.

Fact: Republicans have no alternative to replacing Obama. Fact: a majority of Americans want a national healthcare system. The repercussions of repealing the ACA is going to be felt strongly in the red states that need these services more than those in well-off states.

His cabinet picks have all been cherry-picked from the swamp he has promised to drain. His choices are people that are members of the alt-right (see also: Nazi) movement and either Trump has no idea what he's doing or he's purposely screwing everyone over.

No one is above criticism. Pretending that Trump is doing everything flawlessly would be letting him go unaccountable. He is not, nor should he be.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-video-airs/ar-BBxUAVu?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Watch this link! This is why Trump got elected! Because people are tired of there being no double standard!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The KKK having its roots in the Democratic party has absolutely nothing to do with the current members within the party. If you're going to ignore the history behind political realignments throughout American history, you're going to regurgitate statements with little to no merit in political discussions. That's the issue. On top of misleading news, we have people spreading inaccurate and misleading comments that do not advance discussion at all.

Do some research on the meaning of the word racism. You've been throwing it around a lot and you're continuously using it out of context and not even using it correctly. Trump's rhetoric on the wall is based in racist thought, and his portrayal of the Mexican people as rapists and criminals is a textbook example of racism.

Fact: Republicans have no alternative to replacing Obama. Fact: a majority of Americans want a national healthcare system. The repercussions of repealing the ACA is going to be felt strongly in the red states that need these services more than those in well-off states.

His cabinet picks have all been cherry-picked from the swamp he has promised to drain. His choices are people that are members of the alt-right (see also: Nazi) movement and either Trump has no idea what he's doing or he's purposely screwing everyone over.

No one is above criticism. Pretending that Trump is doing everything flawlessly would be letting him go unaccountable. He is not, nor should he be.

Do your research. Other countries have built a wall just like good ol' Mr. Trump is speaking of. Calling ILLEGALS rapist and drug lords is correct. It's obvious that it's not all of them but a good majority come into this country to do illegal things when they came here illegaly in the first place.

He knows nothing of what he's doing? That's right, he's a billionaire. .-.

His cabinet picks aren't Nazi's. That's like me calling liberals cavemen. Ben Carson is for secretary of housing and development? He's a Nazi? Chao is secretary of transportation and was Bill CLINTON's secretary of labor. She's a Nazi? You're just upset your crooked politician with her fake self and fake beliefs didn't get elected.

Trump is not a racist. Liberal propaganda put that against him. Imagine you're a corrupt politician with many friends, couldn't you get that done?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just because you say "fact" doesn't mean it's true. I know more people that want OBAMACARE GONE than I do that want it to stay. And I go to a liberal high school with liberal teachers and I don't only talk to "Nazi's".

- - - Post Merge - - -

So let me get this straight: You'd rather have someone who attacked a victim of pedophilia, attacked her husband accusers, steals, lies, deletes and thinks she is above the law?

Again, liberal propaganda. Mr. Trump helps women, just because he is like any other and was talking locker room talk does not mean he does not respect them. I'm a guy and I hear worse everyday, even from teachers. .-. He called the illegals that were rapists and killers rapists and killers. Look back at that Youtube comment I posted. It's factual, research if you must. Waste your time. :p

Last edited:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-video-airs/ar-BBxUAVu?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Watch this link! This is why Trump got elected! Because people are tired of there being no double standard!

Do your research. Other countries have built a wall just like good ol' Mr. Trump is speaking of. Calling ILLEGALS rapist and drug lords is correct. It's obvious that it's not all of them but a good majority come into this country to do illegal things when they came here illegaly in the first place.

I'm a guy and I hear worse everyday, even from teachers. .-. He called the illegals that were rapists and killers rapists and killers.
He got elected because a gang of idiots kidnapped a poor guy and tortured him? I 100% doubt that.

What countries built walls? Great Wall of China doesn't count, Mongols are gone. Ah yes, all illegals are rapists and drug lords guys. Nobody comes here to get their child a better life, to live the American dream. They just come to sell crack. Assuming a majority does that just buys into Fox fearmongering, plus how does one even identify illegal immigrants? And why can't legal citizens be the same thing?

Just because you hear worse from others, doesn't make it okay. Broken clock is right twice a day, doesn't mean blanket statements are great.

- - - Post Merge - - -

He knows nothing of what he's doing? That's right, he's a billionaire. .-.

His cabinet picks aren't Nazi's. That's like me calling liberals cavemen. Ben Carson is for secretary of housing and development? He's a Nazi? Chao is secretary of transportation and was Bill CLINTON's secretary of labor. She's a Nazi? You're just upset your crooked politician with her fake self and fake beliefs didn't get elected.

Trump is not a racist. Liberal propaganda put that against him. Imagine you're a corrupt politician with many friends, couldn't you get that done?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just because you say "fact" doesn't mean it's true. I know more people that want OBAMACARE GONE than I do that want it to stay. And I go to a liberal high school with liberal teachers and I don't only talk to "Nazi's".

- - - Post Merge - - -

So let me get this straight: You'd rather have someone who attacked a victim of pedophilia, attacked her husband accusers, steals, lies, deletes and thinks she is above the law?

Again, liberal propaganda. Mr. Trump helps women, just because he is like any other and was talking locker room talk does not mean he does not respect them. I'm a guy and I hear worse everyday, even from teachers. .-. He called the illegals that were rapists and killers rapists and killers. Look back at that Youtube comment I posted. It's factual, research if you must. Waste your time. :p

before you accuse me of doing my own research, why don't you take your own advice? learn what the alt right movement is about. hint: there's a whole lot of white supremacy in there. i did not say his cabinet picks were Nazis, i likened the alt-right movement to the Nazis. when did i ever imply Carson or Chao in my response? stop misconstruing people's statements to provide talking points that sound like they come off a campaign website. i was referring to Steve Bannon since he's the guy that has actual ties to the alt-right.

that's exactly right - he doesn't know anything about being a political leader. saying he'll be successful as president because he was "successful" as a businessman billionaire contradicts everything about what Trump supporters wanted in their government. America is not a business, and must not be treated as such. a businessman who at any point in time during his presidency may act in the interests of his own and not the country is a dangerous precedent.

please tell me
http://www.gallup.com/poll/191504/majority-support-idea-fed-funded-healthcare-system.aspx
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...americans-support-federally-funded-healthcare

when i say fact when it is not - where is the lie? where exactly am i lying?
your claims are not substantive. you live in an area where most people want the ACA gone? fantastic, i live in an area where most people want it to stay. so what's the truth then, according to you? do you mean to say your own personal experience outweighs my own? no, it doesn't. this is why i don't speak from personal experience. if you want to create a substantial discussion about these things, you might want to reconsider falling back on statements that offer no merit in a discussion about polling and statistics.

before you accuse me of doing my own research, why don't you take your own advice? learn what the alt right movement is about. hint: there's a whole lot of white supremacy in there. i did not say his cabinet picks were Nazis, i likened the alt-right movement to the Nazis. when did i ever imply Carson or Chao in my response? stop misconstruing people's statements to provide talking points that sound like they come off a campaign website. i was referring to Steve Bannon since he's the guy that has actual ties to the alt-right.

that's exactly right - he doesn't know anything about being a political leader. saying he'll be successful as president because he was "successful" as a businessman billionaire contradicts everything about what Trump supporters wanted in their government. America is not a business, and must not be treated as such. a businessman who at any point in time during his presidency may act in the interests of his own and not the country is a dangerous precedent.

please tell me
http://www.gallup.com/poll/191504/majority-support-idea-fed-funded-healthcare-system.aspx
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...americans-support-federally-funded-healthcare

when i say fact when it is not - where is the lie? where exactly am i lying?
your claims are not substantive. you live in an area where most people want the ACA gone? fantastic, i live in an area where most people want it to stay. so what's the truth then, according to you? do you mean to say your own personal experience outweighs my own? no, it doesn't. this is why i don't speak from personal experience. if you want to create a substantial discussion about these things, you might want to reconsider falling back on statements that offer no merit in a discussion about polling and statistics.

Trying to argue with a Trump supporter is like arguing with a rock, but at least a rock believes gravity is real.

Last edited:
Back