• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

favourite to least favourite villager personalities?

Bells
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
my list (from best to worst)
uchi
lazy
cranky
snooty
normal
smug
peppy
jock

curious to know what other people think

Last edited:
Smug, Snooty, Normal, Peppy, Lazy, Cranky, Uchi, and Jock.

I'm pretty sure that lazy is like in the top 3 of everybody's list.

1: Lazy (e.g Bob): Very friendly and hospitable towards the player. They always cheer me up when I'm not in the mood.

2: Peppy (e.g Rosie): I'm surprised that people are putting peppy as one of their least favourite personality types. They are so nice towards the player (unless you are talking about the N64/GCN games where they were much more mean).

3: Normal (e.g Mitzi): A very kind-hearted personality. They will be very nice towards the player.

4: Uchi (e.g Cherry): Much like Normal villagers, but with a bit of peppiness. They are very hospitable towards the player and will give free medicine if the player has been stung by a bee.

5: Smug (e.g Marshal): They are very kind towards the player and are gentleman-like.

6: Jock (e.g Scoot): They can be pretty nice towards the player. The way they act sometimes can be a bit childish though. They are really into sports but I'm not.

7: Cranky (e.g Wolfgang): They have a significantly lower pitched voice than every other character in the game besides Joan, Phineas and Wendell. They can come off as rude towards the player in the older games. However in New Leaf, they were made much more lighthearted to the point where they feel like smug villagers but with lower pitched voices. I think they should slightly revert this change, but not too much.

8: Snooty (e.g Purrl): They are the female equivelant to the cranky villagers, except their voices aren't as low pitched. They are somehow even more ruder than the cranky villagers in the original games, though in New Leaf they were toned down but I'm okay with that change as their name doesn't mean that they are easily angered (unlike cranky villagers). Despite that, they are still my least favourite villager personality.

I don't care if this is what everyone else is going to order it like. I ordered them like this because it's actually what I think of them, not just what the majority of other people think of them.

Uchi: Something about this personality really clicks with me. They're comical and very caring towards the player, and they can trigger some really hilarious dialogues.

Lazy: They're just so cute. I especially love the dumb **** they do for absolutely no reason. Like covering their face in stickers. Kills me.

Cranky: Cool guys, I don't even know why they're called "cranky" now, they're pretty nice. I guess they've been watered down for NL.

Normal: Heartwarming to interact with, and I love how oblivious they are to fashion and trends.

Smug: They're just hilariously awkward.

Snooty: Some of their dialogue is quite interesting but it gets old after a while.

Jock: The constant references to working out make them a little bit boring to talk to, but I guess they're okay.

Peppy: Way too over the top and in your face for me to really like that much. I can only tolerate one peppy villager.

1. Uchi: I honestly love that they're like the caring, tomboyish older sister I never had. Hazel is my favorite uchi villager, and my favorite villager in the game.

2. Smug: They're charming and flirty, and most of them are cute. Enough said. My favorite smug villager is Marshal, because I'm basic like that.

3. Snooty: If uchi villagers are the older sister types, snooty villagers are definitely the refined and generous aunts. They were so rude in the first game, but now I love it. Please step on me Diana.

4. Jock: Jocks are super into sports and working out and it's so cute. I personally don't care for sports, but they're dedication is inspiring. My favorite jock villager is either Kevin or Kid Cat.

5. Lazy
Favorite: Zucker
6. Normal
Favorite: Poppy
7. Cranky
Favorite: Static, Walt
8. Peppy
Favorite: Peggy

2: Peppy (e.g Rosie): I'm surprised that people are putting peppy as one of their least favourite personality types. They are so nice towards the player.

it's true that they're very friendly but i just don't like how flamboyant they are. it gets kinda annoying.

it's true that they're very friendly but i just don't like how flamboyant they are. it gets kinda annoying.

Never bothered me but I can see how some people might find it too over the top. Personally, the most friendliest villagers are my favourites and since they are extremely friendly (in the later games) they are my second favourite.

Crancky I love their voice and their grumpiness plus in some games they thalk about their nieces and things like that they fells really retro and nostalgic also :3
Lazy they're just cute and funny and cuddly
Peppy just funny with their dialogs
Normal I remember most the dialog about moppina lol X3
Uchi they're cute but boring
Jock as uchi they tend to be boring
nooty I like them better now with new voice and the softer personality in the other games I wanted just them moving away
Smug I like their hipster\nerd attitudes but not their voice and then their way to being nice... uh... looks like they want to court you X(

I'm the only one here that hates smug and loves cranky ^^''

Last edited:
I edited the post I was still writing since my english isn't good I tend to be slow ^^

I edited the post I was still writing since my english isn't good I tend to be slow ^^

Heh, don't worry. I'm mostly okay with smug villagers but I find it weird when they say that I look like a 'fair pair of cucumbers'. Also, I'm not a fan of the way the jock villagers act like in New Leaf: they talk way too much about sports to the point where it's kinda cringey, unlike previous games where they only mentioned sports now and again.

Besides cranky and snooty, I like normals. They're the most balanced of the personalities.

I liked them all before New Leaf. Jock was probably the most exaggerated in NL. They don't even talk about sports anymore, just their muscles. Remember when they would talk about bugs sometimes in Wild World?

Last edited:
For me, I always tended to favor the male villagers over the female personalities. It's something like this:

Lazy/Jock (it's interchangeable)
Cranky (they're hilarious, and I can often relate to them personally)
Smug (though they definitely dominate my first NL town...)
Uchi (they're sweet/funny at times, though I haven't had many of them)
Normal (they seem even sweeter than in previous games, but maybe that's just me...they seemed to be quite insecure in WW)
Snooty (had some great ones, and so-so ones)
Peppy (always found them annoying, but I have my exceptions of course)

Normal, Smug, Uchi, Lazy, Cranky, Peppy, Snooty, Jock
Best --> Worst

Cranky (one of the least repetitive personalities, in my opinion)
Uchi (so fun and fresh)
Normal (refreshingly sweet and kind)
Jock (they just seem to like you so much. true buds.)
Lazy (relaxing friends)
Snooty (some of the funniest dialogue)
Peppy (also pretty funny)
Smug (cute and endearing, but one of the most repetitive in my experience)

I dislike the jock characters the most; they're too pushy and competitive. My favorite is the lazy ones. They're so mellow and friendly.

Back