• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone regret not buying digital?

i have a digital, but i wish i waited to get physical (i bought a new console after not having one for a while and i just really wanted to play straight away)
i like having the box sitting on my shelf, plus if i ever get bored (not likely aha) i could trade it in down the track

I am old school, physical copies all the way! Back when the original nintendo DS came out in 2005, all games were physical, none of this digital rubbish, I had physical copies of Wild World, and nothing would change that, I own a physical copy of New Laf becuase that is the one and only true way I believe games should be owned, I have a wonderful manual with it that I can actual hold in my hand and read and a wonderful case for the game with the glorious artwork on it!

What manual? Modern games no longer have manual. Only a box art cover/case and the cartridge itself.

I don't regret it. I like physical games much better and the stories of corruption in the digital version is a big no for me.

I prefer physical because I want to actually own the game plus I collect them so I really need to have that hard copy. In my case, I own both physical and digital having multiple towns and players so I don't regret any. I also allot one of my 3DS exclusively to playing New Leaf and no other games so it's convenient for me no matter what copy I choose.

NO.

I have 3 copies (2 physical, 2 digital), my first being a physical copy. When I got a second game I decided to get digital. Around 3 months ago my 3DS got corrupted, therefore deleting my town. That wouldn't have happened if it was on physical.

Last edited:
What manual? Modern games no longer have manual. Only a box art cover/case and the cartridge itself.

Wild world has a small instruction booklet that comes with it inside the case, its about 40 pages. I'll assume you never played or owned wild world then?

Everyone is talking about digital corruption. I don't even know how that would happen unless you decided to jailbreak your 3DS or turn it off while saving/updating. Only problem I really have is that my 3DS has 2 tiny thunderflies under the screen which can be pretty irritating since they look like dead pixels (and rubbing them off won't work), and also my 3DS has a small crack at the top of the top screen, where the see-through part is (whatever material that is, I'm too tired to remember). I really want to repair the crack and remove the thunderflies but I don't want to risk losing my data and possibly even my game since I spent like ?34.99 on it.

Nope, I have 2 physical copies and like them fine. I wouldn't want my data to get corrupted anyway, I spent way too much time on my town for it to go to waste. The only annoying thing about having a physical copy is my tendency to lose everything, and the fact that for some reason my 3DS sometimes has difficulty reading the cartridge.

I had gotten a secondary copy digital, but honestly I don't think it would change interest in wanting to play. I've got so many games digitally that I'm ignoring still, I don't think having it around me constantly would change that.

Sometimes I guess. But I do like having physical copies, it just gets a bit annoying when I have to take the case around with me everywhere. Digital is definitely more convenient

interesting question, dunno i've ever thought about it. i didn't actually know about digital copies at the beginning, when i bought in 2013, but i think that i would still want a physical copy because i don't really play any other games other than acnl so, never have to take it out even. plus, you get all the same updates and stuff.

I prefer physical copies of games over digital any day, actually having the game on my shelf feels nice. I was especially relieved when I read that most of the corruptions that happen to ACNL occur in the digital version, though I guess it's not unheard of physical copies corrupting too, although it is less common.

I think the only digital game I own is Majora's Mask 3D since it came preinstalled on my 3DS, and I guess any Steam games I've bought.

Wow, some of these comments makes me want to delete my town (Flora) on my digital copy and remake it on a physical copy.

I don't mind going for a physical copy.

Not only is a physical copy considerably cheaper, it doesn't take up any pesky storage space and there's no risk of dodgy SD transfers.

Since I bought the Animal Crossing: New Leaf special 3DS XL, it came with a digital copy of AC:NL already installed. Although I love the convenience, I'll always prefer physical copies. What happens to my town if my system crashes or the game corrupts? Physical copies are much safer for me in that regard.

I have one of each too but i prefer the physical copy because you can play with any 3DS and if you 3DS it's broken, you still have the game the opposite of the digital copy... And it's complicated when you have send your 3DS under reparation... :S

Back