Anyone regret not buying digital?

faceburn

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I always prefer physical copy over digital copy because it is your forever and in the old days we had thick and beautiful printed manual. Those days are long gone so having a physical copy isn't really much better than digital copy if you don't plan on reselling.

New leaf is one of those games that I wish I had bought digitally. It a game you play every day for many years and these life simulation games never really get boring.

Anyone here regrets not buying it digitally?

I'm glad I went with physical copies, if just because this game is notorious for corrupting. This is why I bought one of those "those things" for backup save files...in case of emergency.

I know digital tends to be preferred for convenience, but I'd rather have a little added insurance for my towns.

I like having a physical copy, it just makes me really nostalgic. I do kind of wish I had digital so I wouldn't have to take the game cartridge everywhere, but the physical copy just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :p

I have one of each, my first was a physical copy and I value it more than my digital copy. I prefer a physical copy, it makes it feel more real to have a tangible object.

I wish the 3ds let you insert 3 cartridges like some really old console in the past. I think it was call the Falcon.

I just regret not getting digital because my ds won't read my games sometimes /:

I'm glad I went with physical copies, if just because this game is notorious for corrupting. This is why I bought one of those "those things" for backup save files...in case of emergency.

I know digital tends to be preferred for convenience, but I'd rather have a little added insurance for my towns.

This is my thoughts too. I prefer having physical copies of games.

I like having digital games so I can play games at once instead of trying to find the physical copy of a game and putting it in, though I owe physical copy of games
I've already lost one physical game since I always lose things so I'm scared lol

I got digital 3 years ago, but getting psychical ones were the ones I was aiming for first. And since my old 3DS had the digital one which I don't use anymore. I'm not regretting anything.

I bought my copy digitally (I actually didn't actually buy mine at all, I received it for free from a promotion that ran in the UK where if you bought 3 games you could get a fourth free).

It's so convenient having a digital version. I did buy a physical version as well (mainly so I can hack it), but I have long since stopped hacking and now I just have an extra copy lying around for no reason.

I wish I didn't buy a physical copy.

I got this digital copy free, and I can't complain that I don't have a physical since nintendo wasn't handing out free physical copies, but ermahgod I wish I had physical game. I would have bought another acnl game if it wasn't for the problem of not being able to have 2 digital copies in one game. I want a second town so badly, but I don't want to have to buy it from amazon or a retail store. It makes me not want to buy it. DX

I actually prefer physical copies over digital copies since you have the physical manual for it and the box with the box art. What's even better is that with the new repackaged Welcome amiibo version, it comes with an amiibo card! Sure, the digital copy doesn't require you to bring a cartridge everywhere, allows for 2 games to be on the same system menu at once and has faster loading and saving but it lacks a nice box with boxart and a colourful manual. Not to mention that it takes up a lot of space: around 1.8 gigabytes! (Since my SD card is the original 2GB one, I only have 200MB on my SD card so I can't play anything else besides New Leaf and SSB4.)

I am old school, physical copies all the way! Back when the original nintendo DS came out in 2005, all games were physical, none of this digital rubbish, I had physical copies of Wild World, and nothing would change that, I own a physical copy of New Laf becuase that is the one and only true way I believe games should be owned, I have a wonderful manual with it that I can actual hold in my hand and read and a wonderful case for the game with the glorious artwork on it!

I regret the digital purchase rather than the opposite
I've always bought physical copies not mastter what but at the time I wanted so badly the AC themed 3ds...
and now well... the control stick is broken (but I found a way to play ) a thing never happened to me (and I had the infamous n64!)
and the volume control started acting weird ( the pontentiomerter is gone yay!) this just after 3 years despite my other decades old consoles still working fine
now I started to get paranoid... T_T

Last edited:
I prefer physical but this is a game I have digital for. I don't regret it :)

I bought physical because I heard digital was more prone to corrupting but both my physical copies corrupted recently. Just my luck :rolleyes:

I got the digital version because it was really cheap off ebay. I lost my NNID a while back and Nintendo was really kind about getting it back for me, so I dont have any regrets.

I'm happy I bought the cartridge, just because I started ACNL on my old DS, and if I had bought digital I wouldn't have been able to move it to my new 3DS. Or, it would've been much harder. cx

I preferred having physical copies of my games until my sister's fiance allowed someone to come in and steal them out of my bag when I was at work.

I also had a digital copy, and I had to rebuild literally everything. I didn't have the money to buy another physical one, so I redownloaded the digital. I've never had a problem with corruption, fortunately, but I will be looking into something to backup my town (anyone recommend anything)?

Back