• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mobile app for BellTreeForums

Should there be a mobile app

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
I mean come on, think about it? The ability to interact with the forums without using the crummy ass mobile theme and don't say "Try web version", that is just as bad as the mobile theme. Think about all the new users can attract plus the ads u can add on. Please make a mobile app.

Get with the times, there was another thread about this in 2014 so.

www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?194863-The-Bell-Tree-Mobile-App!/page2

Although it would be great, apps cost a lot of time and money to make and there's not really a point because you can use the site on your browser. I use TBT on my phone with the web version like 90% of the time and it works fine. Just listen to the reasons listed on that other thread.

Although it would be great, apps cost a lot of time and money to make and there's not really a point because you can use the site on your browser. I use TBT on my phone with the web version like 90% of the time and it works fine. Just listen to the reasons listed on that other thread.

I saw those reasons but still, the app can be more like an indie project, they can just get a few members and staff to work on it together. I mean, we can wait a while but i'm just suggesting this. Plus it has some positive benefits overall. It's free to make an app and their's lovely guides throughout the internet to help then if they need it.

Plus, all you really need to do is use the api to sign/login and print data from the forums onto the app. VBullentin provides a nice little api for that.

Plus, on my new ios device, it's like very hard to move around and such, which basically applys to just this website though.

I saw those reasons but still, the app can be more like an indie project, they can just get a few members and staff to work on it together. I mean, we can wait a while but i'm just suggesting this. Plus it has some positive benefits overall. It's free to make an app and their's lovely guides throughout the internet to help then if they need it.

Plus, all you really need to do is use the api to sign/login and print data from the forums onto the app. VBullentin provides a nice little api for that.

Plus, on my new ios device, it's like very hard to move around and such, which basically applys to just this website though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not against the idea. It's just that it's not our call to decide.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not against the idea. It's just that it's not our call to decide.

True true, that's why i'm suggesting it, hopefully the staff will be nice enough to work on one.

No thanks I feel good that this hellsite can't pull me in when I'm outside

No thanks I feel good that this hellsite can't pull me in when I'm outside

But come join the TBT side, Gryo and forever stay inside, lurking thru topics, posting your opinion.

Last edited:
This crops up time and time again. Many of these apps are just browsers limited to one website, you know.

The mobile website should be improved, or at least look less default.

Not everything has to be an app, and I exclusively use Facebook in the browser now due to its intrusiveness and constant updates that somehow make it worse.

This crops up time and time again. Many of these apps are just browsers limited to one website, you know.

The mobile website should be improved, or at least look less default.

Not everything has to be an app, and I exclusively use Facebook in the browser now due to its intrusiveness and constant updates that somehow make it worse.

Not everything is an app but it would be nice if we did have one. The website is very hard to navigate within mobile and it's a pain in the toot.

Not everything is an app but it would be nice if we did have one. The website is very hard to navigate within mobile and it's a pain in the toot.

Maybe for you it is. I have absolutely no problem navigating the site on mobile.

A mobile app would be cool :) I like the idea of it, but idk if that'll ever happen TTvTT

A mobile app would be pretty convenient but publishing an app would cost a large amount of money. ;v;;

I think a mobile app for bell tree would be amazing because tbh I think that the mobile layout (at least on my phone) isn't really good at all.

A mobile app would be pretty convenient but publishing an app would cost a large amount of money. ;v;;

True, but if they can save up for it with the ads from this website (Which is alot, if u think of it the traffic this place receives.) and make they can get more ads from the app plus a paid version w/o ads. I mean, if they do something like that then the income will be find, just got to the app published first.

I think it would be unnecessary. I'm on mobile right now, and the site works fine for me.

No need for an app , just change the layour of the website for mobile. It ain't gonna be easy though

We currently have no plans to develop an app because it wouldn't change anything from our mobile or default styles that are currently available. Modern phone and tablet browsers can usually display websites correctly for the most part, so I don't think spending time creating an app would be worth it. This is especially true because it would take away from time spent creating other site features. Perhaps the mobile theme could be altered in the future, but I don't see much benefit in using a dedicated app that would warrant us to spend time and resources. The lack of an app isn't due to the staff being incapable of creating one without outside help - we'd be able to do it pretty easily if we wanted to, there's just really no need for it when the site works perfectly fine on mobile as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back