• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should we get wave 2 of Welcome Amiibo cards?

I kind of hope not...haven't completed the other 4 series yet. And I got a bit obsessed with needing to get all 50 welcome amiibo cards.
I'm not sure if that's it for new leaf now though, with a new console being released and everything.

No. They will probably bring a few of the villagers back in the new game which is scheduled to be released not too far from now. Some villagers should stay in the past.

I wonder if a new game release would be delayed because we got this update though? Seems kind of a waste to go to so much trouble with this update just to release another game so sooon afterwards

I don't think so. Each villager of wave 5 comes with a unique RV with new items so if we were to get a wave 6, new items would have to be implemented.

Nintendo is driven by profit (like any business) and will adjust availability accordingly. Gamer satisfaction will remain just a happy by-product. That may sound a little cold to those of us with a passion for the game, but it's the way it works. Heck, even Tom Nook operates on that concept.

Back