• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

This game is extremely underrated!

NinelivesBobcat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
(This is a copied extract from another thread).

Sure, it re-used locations and music but that was because it was meant to be the home version of the second generation Animal Crossing games. If they changed the game too much then it could've been an entirely new generation all together which would mean that generation 2 would only have 1 game which would be Wild World. I really like the rounded character models and simplistic graphics in the game. This game has my favourite style in the series (New Leaf's style was pretty good, but I kinda miss the curve at the bottom of the player and cat head models). Not to mention that it also bought back holidays such as Toy Day and Halloween which were mysteriously absent from Wild World despite the fact that the DS and the game's cartridge had enough capacity to have holidays. Heck, even the movie was better and that was based on Wild World (not that the movie is bad. Hell no, in fact it's my favourite movie of all time and I think it's brilliant). I think Wild World is good, but gets way too much credit and it's a little overrated (yes, I just used that word even though I absolutely hate that word. Call me a hypocrite but I don't care). I expect a lot of hate after posting this but I don't care.

And DON'T get me started on the annoying Wild World fanboys who hate on every other game in the series just because it's not Wild World or because it's too similar to Wild World. :mad:

Yeah it is sadly.

Also Wild World fans makes my head hurt, telling them that is basically talking to a wall.

Last edited:
I like both games about the same, I do agree though that CF is underrated.

i like both games, but i think that city folk has a lot better features and stuff in it. the frame rate in ww actually gives me a headache too, that has not happened with any game i've played. the frame rate is so much better in city folk.

Man, I must've been really annoyed when typing the original post. Sorry if it sounded extremely rude, heh. But anyways, I agree with you two (now three). City Folk and Wild World are both good games in my opinion but it annoys me when someone says that City Folk is terrible especially if they think Wild World is the best and hate on every other game in the series. I might've already said this but I like City Folk more than Wild World, despite the awesome movie (which is turning 10 years old on December 16) that Wild World spawned. Sometimes City Folk is my favourite game in the series, but other times it's the GCN game or New Leaf. It will never be Wild World though.

Last edited:
Back